minors posing as adults on line

I would think it's the minor child who broke the rules by violating their terms when they joined, and the parent could be help responsible for not monitoring their internet activity. If you had no idea they were underage, I don't see how you could be in trouble, unless you continued to communicate after you found out they were a minor. I'd report that member to the website so their account can be closed.

• Like 3

I think I have narrowed it down a little. Only one account that I had been communicating with recently was shut down in the last while and all sexual chatter was initiated by her without many strong replies from me.

I had also though of passing the blame on to the parents for not adequately supervising their child.

BTW no way were the pictures of a 12 year old, she said 18 but the pictures looked more 20 something. ( No9t that pictures are a good way to judge age.)

i agree with option 3 above there. If i was a parent who found out my 12 year old had joined up on a dating site to chat with older men, i wouldn't be contacting the older men at all. i'd shut down the account, shut down the internet and ground the kid from electronic devices for 2 years lol

i would not be blaming a guy chatting with an account presented as a 20 year old for sure. i really think the conversation was going into a direction of extortion, and that possibly there is no 12 year old, and probably no female at the other end, just a scam artist.

Just to update

Last communication was back in late May.

I put some blame on the sender, assuming it was the parent, for not monitoring their child's internet activities and have not heard anything back so I am pretty sure that I am safe.

Mb

When i used to go on dating sites {back before I starting doing this} I wouldn't say much until I saw them on cam. Once we were on cam then i knew for sure who i was talking to to.. it came in handy also for safety reasons. Many guys flew me to them..from LA to NYC..i would have their address {so would a friend},pictures of them and always always introduced them to one of my friends on cam. So the guy knew i had someone watching out for me.

So back to your problem...not your fault..you didn't know how old she was. Her parents should have been watching her more carefully. You should from now on ask them to go on cam..you too, show them your real..please don't show yourself naked..we hate that. Then let things go from there. Good luck!

• Like 1