Usually hotels by an airport offer a day rate...one hint, seeing as your looking in Halifax area avoid the Quality Inn Halifax Airport...believe me you'll thank me for that tip :-)

RG

Day rate, or did you mean Hour rate??

Day rate

There may be hotels that charge by the hour, but they'd likely be seedy

And if you want an hourly rate likely a companion wouldn't go to that type of hotel

RG

The Chebucto Inn has a fair nightly rate...it's up to you how long you stay. I think it's like $79 or something; its decor is dated but not half-bad. The resto there has great meals at great prices.

As was mentioned, if you do find a place which charges by the hour, expect free bedbugs. You could try offering a $50 bill to an owner/operator or a crooked manager and they might accept and put it in their pocket; the Wedgewood Motel in Bedford comes to mind. I can't see why they would though, because they would have to clean up after you leave and why bother for $50 when they can get $80+ for an overnighter? $50 is nothin. Halifax isn't Montreal. lol

I just checked out the Commons Inn. Looks cool. Was that the King Edward Inn at one time?

An hourly suite might be a great business idea for Halifax. Anybody got a bachelor suite we can put on airbnb? lol

The chebucto inn is not a good place for this line of bussiness they are very carfull always watching who goes where and what not they have kicked a few people that I know out Always caught on really quick too

• Like 2

I don't remember what it is called but there is a motel across from ralphs in Darkmouth that strikes me as a place that would. Though, I don't recommend it.

I regretfully admit to having stayed there once during a visit to Ralphs. Yes, not one of my finer moments. Atlas, I was overly fascinated with an edgy dancer in a frilly tutu, and had consumed more Guinness then I had common sense and I did not seem to notice the snow storm hit. (Dang you Ralph's with your blacked out windows)

There were hairs on my bedsheets and glassware a door that didn't fully lock. No cabs running it was my only option.

The microbiologist in me was so skizzed out I slept on the coffee table to avoid the bed. It was cold, I actually took down the curtains to cove myself. Seemed like a much better alternative then whatever would be lurking in the bed sheets.

Okay confession over. I need to go shower now.

• Like 3

That's called lake city motor inn it is as bad as chebucto inn I tried it when I first started I had no clue till I walked in

I'll agree on both. I had an appointment once at chebucto but she cancelled hours before due to being removed from her accomodations. The place by Ralphs was equally sketchy. I met a very decent girl there as she was checking in for the first time, and she told me she was checking out immediately after. They grilled her and gave strict instructions to tell guests to park with license plates visible from the street. Don't know what that means exactly, but it's not welcoming.

Its tough for many hobbyist to have out call in there own town. On the rare occasion I have had outcall I have used Seasons Motor Inn on Melrose in Halifax. They charge by the day but its not too expensive, always clean, doors lock and no questions asked.

Usually hotels by an airport offer a day rate...one hint, seeing as your looking in Halifax area avoid the Quality Inn Halifax Airport...believe me you'll thank me for that tip :-)

RG

Why do you say that? do you just mean because its far out? hahaha

I can second that the seasons motor inn, while not the nicest place, is the cheapest place, and leaves its patron's to their own business.

I don't know of any that offer hourly rates...

So I take back what I said about seasons motor inn. Was given a hard time by the kid who works the front desk this weekend. Looks like seasons is out unless you get one of the main level rooms with their own entrance maybe.