I've enjoyed the hobby on and off for quite some time now. I'm not one for posting often, but i've run into this situation. A while back I was in the process of setting up a meeting... and then I seen that the lady in question is on my partners social media app. So the question is should I talk to the lady in question about it so shes aware of the situation and why I just broke off communication, or just let it die?

thanks for your time.

It would be a nice gesture to explain the situation however you are under no obligation to do so. This is one of those grey situations because social media is such a broad outlet. Using FB as an example, you can be friends with people on there just because they are friends with your first cousin once removed best friend and they made a comment you like. Doesn't mean there is personal friendship.

You also have to remember that most ladies are discreet and non judgmental regarding the situations of people so the situation may be a null point to the lady in question.

Only you have the full scope of the situation and have to feel comfortable with the decision you make. It would also depend on whether the lady in question is someone who has built a reputation or some transient. That would impact your risk assessment.

Good luck with everything.

• Like 5

I would have to agree with the above post. It wouldn't hurt to let the SP know as a courtesy. Most reputable providers are very discreet and would never publicly shame you for utilizing their services.

Besides, if you were interested enough to seek her services, talking to her about it may be the best way to make sure that happens. If you're both comfortable with it.

I agree with the previous two replies but.....let's play devils advocate...what if you divulge your identity to this Sp and it gets back to your partner. I know as Tracie says most SP's are discreet and would never expose you but you never know. That's a tough call if I was in your shoes. I'm all about the courtesy thing too but ooh the consequences if you make the wrong call.

I feel it's worth it to let her know. However you are not obligated.

If her profiles are cross referencing into her personal life she might be unaware. Some still have their Facebook on public setting and fb seems to cross reference everything. They say to not use fb on your work phone and don't use a personal Gmail and work Gmail for example.

Most friends on fb could just be aquantance and not really know each other. Some accept ANY friend request.

Just say "I saw you on a friends social media app and as I want to keep these two worlds separate, and although I am sad to say it, I think it's best we don't meet"

• Like 3

I know someone who, if you were to message them and say something to the effect of "I saw you on facebook etc" would get REALLY freaked out. so While it's coming from a good place, if she isn't asking you where you went etc maybe just leave it be? Clients come and go, its an expected thing.