Nothing worse....

... Than being stood up.

I know what the ladies feel when they make plans and the guy doesn't show.

But it goes both ways....I just spend 30min waiting in a lobby after making a date time and nothing. We texted back and forth not 30min earlier. In this day an age respond to the text being sent.

I will continue to respect the ladies and their time and keep showing up on time but now I know how it feels to be stood up and it sucks.

• Like 1

I feel for ya. I've been there too. Twice actually but once quite recently. It is incredibly frustrating to say the least. I really feel for the ladies as I know that this is an even big issue for them, and interferes with their livelihood when it happens to them, but courtesy is a 2 way street. My time is valuable to me as well. Just let me know if plans have changed.

Not to mention the "less than inconspicuous" time you spend standing around waiting somewhere that you are not supposed to be for an appointment that never happens. ;)

Never been stood up, but a couple times I had to wait for a while for someone who was delayed due to traffic (not an unusual thing for Toronto).... In both cases there was an apology and I was kept informed. Because I was kept informed about the ETA, I was able to deal with it in one case by window shopping in a near by store and in the other case by sitting in a hotel lobby (which is not an unusual thing). In one case where the delay was nearly an hour, I was offered a discount, but I paid the full amount (rather then recounting it; and she was worth the wait). Thankfully we now have smart phones so we can look busy and find things to do wherever we are.

I have stood up a girl once. There was a police car sitting outside her condo building and I got spooked. I texted an apology as soon as I could.

I have never been stood up, but was recently cancelled on by the same lady I see regularly Twice in a row. The second time hurt :(

I thought maybe she was trying to send me a hint, but I did see her on the 3rd meeting and she explained the situation more in detail and it had nothing to do with me.:)

Unfortunately no matter what business you're in, people are involved and stuff happens. Some is premeditated game playing and some is "life gets in the way", both are learning experiences even if not pleasant.

I'm sorry for anyone this has ever happened to as it really doesn't create positive energy and that feeling can hang around for awhile. I use moments like this as a gentle reminder to pay attention to how I'm treating people to ensure I'm not doing something to create it. For those who do it, especially with no apology or comment afterwards, I think more of myself than to give another opportunity to do it again.

I feel badly when I have to cancel for ANY reason with notice but not even taking a moment to say "sorry" is just disrespectful.

• Like 4

Wow! I believe either way it's very time consuming and frustrating. ....you talk discuss details book a time and go out of your way to get ready (and sometimes travel) to only be dealing with a no show will make you upset

Of course you will have to get over it and move on with your day what else to do

But I and many others (especially the ladies) can relate

And it does happen to the guys as well

Why waste any ones time and then not even have enough respect to at least call and cancel

My rant!