Ottawa 2015 Fall social

2 weeks to party time!!

Indeed Sept 17th is coming quickly! Reminder for everyone that u need to pay for ur ticket to confirm your spot. Deadline for buying tickets is next Friday Sept 11th as we need to know numbers to do the final planning!

Hello ladies and Gents.

It seems the interest for socials is dying. To date we only have 7 ladies tickets paid for and 13 Gents tickets sold. Unless we sell more tickets by this Friday Sept 11, we will have no choice but to cancel yet another social. This will be the third time since summer we either had to postpone or cancel and we are starting to wonder if it is worth the effort to plan any in the future.

In addition should we sell more tickets, unfortunately we would have to cancel the VIP option as we only sold 4 VIP tickets and we need to sell at least 20 to pay for the limo which cost 480 with driver tip. Therefore for those who bought VIP tickets please send me a PM if you need to cancel due to lack of transportation.

We certainly would like to thank those who purchased their tickets in advance. I was away last week with very little access to internet, so I could not cash in the e-transfer. I will wait on that. If we need to cancel it will be easier for those concerned to simply cancel the e-transfer and get their money back.

A Final decision will be made Friday.

Alexxandria and loneskater

Hello ladies and Gents.

It seems the interest for socials is dying. To date we only have 7 ladies tickets paid for and 13 Gents tickets sold. Unless we sell more tickets by this Friday Sept 11, we will have no choice but to cancel yet another social. This will be the third time since summer we either had to postpone or cancel and we are starting to wonder if it is worth the effort to plan any in the future.

In addition should we sell more tickets, unfortunately we would have to cancel the VIP option as we only sold 4 VIP tickets and we need to sell at least 20 to pay for the limo which cost 480 with driver tip. Therefore for those who bought VIP tickets please send me a PM if you need to cancel due to lack of transportation.

We certainly would like to thank those who purchased their tickets in advance. I was away last week with very little access to internet, so I could not cash in the e-transfer. I will wait on that. If we need to cancel it will be easier for those concerned to simply cancel the e-transfer and get their money back.

:( :( :( hope it all can work out I was so super excited!

Additional Comments:

oh and if we can still make it work but no limo some people can hop in with me :) :) :)

Not another cancellation! Wow this is getting tough. Maybe I will quit cumming to Ottawa, everything seems to get cancelled on me. If it weren't for Kimmie I would not cum at all.

Hello ladies and Gents.

Maybe it's time to think about going back to a smaller, cosier, central location. No need to cater or buy a lot of gifts, my recollection at one time the gents would donate some gifts. Maybe use this location for a special event like an annual Xmas party.

As a faithful attendee I would hate to see the socials die out. Speaking for myself I agree with Boomer and would be just as happy with a scaled down version of the social if the attendance is dropping off.

I hope this one goes ahead in some form and do want to thank Loneskater and Alexxandria for all the work they have put in to organizing the socials.

Guest Na****a***mers (RETIRED)

Too bad I can't make this one! Always love meeting others who share a naughty secret!

I have not made it to one of these events yet but certainly have only heard good things about them so it would be a shame if they died out...

i was at the first social it was great and then they just got better would hate to see them die out good place to have a few drinks meet all the ladies and chat so hopefully they can sell enough tickets

Bought my ticket a few days ago. This will be (I'm an eternal optimist) my 3rd social and I've always had a wonderful time. I just realized I should have posted I was attending sooner to hopefully inspire more of my lady friends here to attend!http://cerb.ca/vbulletin/images/icons/icon12.gif

Here's hoping!

• Like 2

I wish I could have made it... but I am heading out of town this week to walk the daughter down the aisle!

• Like 4

it's staurday I've heard nothing I hope that means we are still a go!!!! ? :)

I am thinking the same thing.

I wish I could say no news is good news but that is not the case. I was hoping more members would contact me over the weekend and we could make it a go. We do have enough gents, however we only have 6 ladies confirmed and only one has contacted me so far this weekend. I will wait till tomorrow night but unless more ladies can make it, we will have to cancel.

Maybe it's time to think about going back to a smaller, cosier, central location.

And what location would that be??? The one we were told we are no longer welcome cause some ppl were smoking special cigarettes around the staff and one lady was using special powder for her nose in the washroom!!! Don't think that doesn't happen again. I had to put the baby diaper change table, in the ladies washroom, back up after last social. I sure didn't see babies at the social so doesn't take a genius to figure out what it was used for. Only this time because of our location we were able to deal with it without being told to go somewhere else. Of course if this would not be the case we could always go to the one location where the owner's son crashed in with a friend saying something like: "this is where the whore party is"!!! Or better, lets go to the place where off duty LE officers walked through on their way to another party and started asking questions to one of our member cause he thought he recognized some lady member but wasn't sure from where!!! For those who may not know, we didn't move the socials to the present location just to be outside of dtown, we did it so we could have a private area. A place where nobody else would crash in by accident, a place where we could have privacy and discretion. I am sure after what happened with the Ashley Maddison site discretion would be most appreciated. In addition, it is very time consuming having to find a new location after one or 2 social. We can never stay at the same spot for long dtown without ppl finding out what we are about.

No need to cater or buy a lot of gifts, my recollection at one time the gents would donate some gifts.

They still do bring gifts and some give extra money to buy gifts. That is one reason we have so many gifts. Also when Mistert decided to get involve, and we still do, we decided that 100% of the money collected would be somehow return to the members at the party even though some have suggested we pay ourselves a salary for organizing the social like it has been done in the past. If ppl look at the thread from the first social I helped mistert, u will see a detail post on where the money was spent. Another sign of this commitment is that we were doing this social at only 35 dollars for gents. The ladies pay 10 but that covers their food. For those who have been around these will remember the last 2 socials before mistert took charge, gents paid 40 and 45 dollars. So what is expected here with less food and gifts? That we put the money in our wallets???

Maybe use this location for a special event like an annual Xmas party.

Truth of the matter is that the local SP community on this board has diminished considerably last 2 years. All one has to do is to look at the number who post ads to see that. Last 2 socials we had 50% "no show" on the ladies side. Yes no show not cancellation. We compensated by overbooking considerably the number of ladies by allowing ,many out of town ladies to come and Both ALO and CMJ sent many MAs to increase attendance. If it wasn't for that, we would have been lucky to have 15 ladies at the social. Seems this time most out of town ladies can't make it and very few MAs are coming. Can't expect to have many ladies at a OT CERB social when there are maybe a dozen local SPs advertising and active on the Board.

But if someone things it has all the answers to theses problems, we do not have a copyright or ownership on the social. Instead of assuming things, just step up to the plate and organize it. You will find out there is a lot to do to run a successful event and I challenge anyone that wishes to do so, to do it for free.

• Like 6

I won't be able to go because I'm kinda cutting down on hobbying.

It's getting a little expensive for me.

Nothing personal against the fine ladies on here, I totally understand that times are tough,

Its also tough for me.

I will still be hobbying, but not as much as I used to.

Would not serving food help with the cost of the social?

We haven't had any complaints about cost except for one member mentioning he is cutting down on hobbying, not just on coming to the social. And I doubt paying 10 dollars is too much for the ladies. That 10 dollars wasn't to subsidize food. It was a suggestion from both ladies and gents to try and cut down on the number of ladies' no show.

Also Ontario liquor law requires to have food available when selling liquor.

Additional Comments:

how many girls do we need? :)

Minimum 15 would be nice. I doubt most gent want to attend a sausage fest!

• Like 1

I'm still scratching my head over what does hobbying have to do with attending a social ? It's a meet and greet nothing to do with any other type participation, that we know of ;) Any new ladies reading this come to it sign up and it's a great way to meet other ladies and of course gentlemen.

That said, my thoughts are that the cost, venue has nothing to do with people meeting for a social, chalk it up to bad timing ? I don't think it's a lack of interest. Hopefully ladies that are possibly available can make it this week, if not let's definitely keep this Ottawa social in place.

Loneskater and Alexxandria continue doing what you both are trying to accomplish by being fabulous organizers.

Hopefully this gets off the ground, if not I'm 100% certain we will be having a blast in December for a lovely Christmas Social ;)

Guest P*rry

Taking into account I know zip about the budget requirements of the event my suggestion is not to get too caught up in numbers of attendees.

For me the social is a great mix and mingle event and the best way to meet a number of the women of Cerb. So I'm happy with a number less than 15 ladies.

Whatever the decision is Loneskater and Alexxandria thank you for your awesome efforts.

If it''s a matter of getting out there, I can probably give a few lifts from downtown to the west. Just send me a PM if you need a ride.

• Like 1

I agree with boomers. A downtown location would probably be better.

It's tough for me to get to the west end of the city, since I don't have a car.

Although I usually share a ride with someone, but she's not going either.

Additional Comments:

I'm still scratching my head over what does hobbying have to do with attending a social ? It's a meet and greet nothing to do with any other type participation, that we know of ;) Any new ladies reading this come to it sign up and it's a great way to meet other ladies and of course gentlemen.

That said, my thoughts are that the cost, venue has nothing to do with people meeting for a social, chalk it up to bad timing ? I don't think it's a lack of interest. Hopefully ladies that are possibly available can make it this week, if not let's definitely keep this Ottawa social in place.

Loneskater and Alexxandria continue doing what you both are trying to accomplish by being fabulous organizers.

Hopefully this gets off the ground, if not I'm 100% certain we will be having a blast in December for a lovely Christmas Social ;)

Just to give you a rundown on what it will cost me to attend a social event.

Cab ride $30 each way unless I go with someone then it's split.

Cost of social event ticket $35-40

Drinks at the social at least $35-75

Add it all up, might as well have a session with someone.

I agree with boomers. A downtown location would probably be better.

It's tough for me to get to the west end of the city, since I don't have a car.

Although I usually share a ride with someone, but she's not going either.

Additional Comments:

Just to give you a rundown on what it will cost me to attend a social event.

Cab ride $30 each way unless I go with someone then it's split.

Cost of social event ticket $35-40

Drinks at the social at least $35-75

Add it all up, might as well have a session with someone.

didn't think we were counting our pennies to attend a social it cost's me alot more than that hotel room an all some guy's even fly in it's for a great evening and meet great ladies...just saying

• Like 4