Robotic sex workers!

Guest *Ste***cque**

No, not the kind that just lay there :). I'm referring to actual full size, fully functional robots that you can have sex with... and no menu restrictions! It may not happen for a few decades but with tech advances it will happen. This was in an article I read, sorry I can't link to it. It's scary where technology is headed, especially since most people only see the positive side of technology.

What are your thoughts on this? You could have it waiting for you at the door with a simple click of an app on your phone. In 50 years one could even be affordable to most.

I would have sex with a robot.

I don't think I would ever own one. If I did it would have to be multipurpose and not just a sexbot. If it also cleaned, cooked, provided security against intruders etc, then yeah, that would be great. But it would be hard to settle on one model. So maybe I'd just rent one from a company that would allow you to swap for different models at any time.

• Like 1

Check out the AMC series "Humans" for an imagined glimpse at domestic life with a robot. Complicated.

• Like 2

I'd try it. He'll try almost everything once right!

I wouldn't stick with it. There's nothing in the world like making that special connection with a beautiful, intelligent woman. No robot could produce that sex appeal, that feeling of attraction and that animal instinct like a woman could.

Does not feel right to me. I want to have a connection with the person of the opposite sex and I want to be able to cuddle after and have a conversation with her. Sure it might make some happy but not this guy.

Sex is something you share with another human being. My opinion.

• Like 4

Guest *Ste***cque**

We view sex much differently than our great grandparents did. In the 1950's the norm was sex after marriage, lights off, for procreation not fun. That seems downright quaint nowadays, unless your a member of ISIS or the religious right. I know the sexbot concept seems strange to us now but imagine how people will view sex 50 years in the future.

The only constant is change. Get ready!

Nah, not for me. I can't help but think "how mechanical". Besides, what if the robotic SP decides to go all "West World" on my ass or other cherished body parts? Nope, it's the real thing or my left hand for me.

• Like 2

Sex with Robots?

OMG no! I can go into a million reasons why not, but now is neither the time nor the place to get myself all hot & bothered :P

Women are my favourite!

• Like 2

There was an 'Outer Limits' episode on this very topic back in the 90's... did anyone see it? I just remembered it featured a really hot blonde!

Everyone has a need for human touch and intimacy. Underneath it all and put the mechanics of sex aside, this is what humans crave. This is the one thing a robot cannot provide. How is one able to "connect" with a robot?

• Like 3

Hmm...unless we're talking about sci-fi level robots that might as well be humans with reason and feelings, then wouldn't a robot just be a masturbatory aid?

Let's start simple. I certainly prefer making a connection and being intimate with a woman...but I don't think I'd be shocking anyone if I admitted that I masturbate every now and then. And ya know what, I even enjoy it. That doesn't mean I see it as a replacement for all the enjoyment and benefits (physical and emotional) of true sex and intimacy.

If this topic was about fleshlights and vibrators, I don't think we'd be jumping to the conclusion that it's a replacement, or saying we'd never use such because we can't interact with them on the same level (though the way I've heard some talk of their magic wands... ;) )

Now suppose there was a fleshlight or vibrator that had different settings and was programmed to respond to verbal and physical cues. Well that would just seem like an improved toy, wouldn't it?

Isn't a robot--again, assuming we're talking a glorified roomba and not getting into a moral issue where a robot is intelligent enough to have rights--just an advanced sex toy?

• Like 1

I would try it, at least once. Sex is viewed differently by a lot of people. That's just my opinion.

• Like 1

Robotic sex workers would be a fancy way of saying sex toy. Don't see anything wrong with a sex toy. Won't beat the real thing. Nothing is like a real person.

• Like 1

I could see maybe robots being programmed for specific acts but there is no way I would choose a robot if there is a real human available. I have never had any lovers that were exactly the same as any other and I prefer it that way.

If I want something a certain precise way, I'll pull out the appropriate sex toy.

• Like 1

I dunno about actually having sex with the gizmo, but I'd sure like to design and build the thing. That would be fun!

Parameters:

One machine that would do either men or women

One machine that could take multiple partners (of either gender) simultaneously

Makes the right sounds at the right moment

Has a self cleaning/sterilizing sub-routine

Has adequate battery life

Can change appearance according to desires

Extended foreplay option

Pre-programmable or ability to let it make the choice of activity

It would take YEARS to build and I still wouldn't get it right. It would probably end up looking like a fuzzy, lumpy tree with a lot of different sized, funny looking branches and knot holes.... with eyeballs.

Guest *Ste***cque**
Hmm...unless we're talking about sci-fi level robots that might as well be humans with reason and feelings, then wouldn't a robot just be a masturbatory aid?

Let's start simple. I certainly prefer making a connection and being intimate with a woman...but I don't think I'd be shocking anyone if I admitted that I masturbate every now and then. And ya know what, I even enjoy it. That doesn't mean I see it as a replacement for all the enjoyment and benefits (physical and emotional) of true sex and intimacy.

If this topic was about fleshlights and vibrators, I don't think we'd be jumping to the conclusion that it's a replacement, or saying we'd never use such because we can't interact with them on the same level (though the way I've heard some talk of their magic wands... ;) )

Now suppose there was a fleshlight or vibrator that had different settings and was programmed to respond to verbal and physical cues. Well that would just seem like an improved toy, wouldn't it?

Isn't a robot--again, assuming we're talking a glorified roomba and not getting into a moral issue where a robot is intelligent enough to have rights--just an advanced sex toy?

Good points, Brad. I agree, this could just be viewed as a really advanced sex toy, not a replacement for a significant other. The article I read referred to sex robots meant to provide sex, not companionship or connections. In that vein, how is it different from any other sextoys purpose?

Many women embrace sex toys already, even if a guy is in the picture. Maybe in 50 years most guys won't be hung up about using toys for sex? Of course, the concern I have is whether sex robots might replace a desire for those "deeper" connections we currently enjoy with a real person. We do seem to be gravitating towards more and more superficial connections via twitter, FB and the like and less face to face, real world interactions with each other. Many think there is nothing wrong with that.

If I'm still around when they get mass produced would I buy one? I don't know. It might take a "tireless" robot to get me off by the time that happens.:)

We will never see anything that comes even close to the feel of a real women.

But I have seen some sp's that could have passed for a robot.

We will never see anything that comes even close to the feel of a real women.

But I have seen some sp's that could have passed for a robot.

Lol... I think we all have.... but then I stop and remind myself that I am at least half of the equation... lol if the old adage is true that we bring out the best in other people I wonder what poor session say about us lololol

Just my Opinion

Lol... I think we all have.... but then I stop and remind myself that I am at least half of the equation... lol if the old adage is true that we bring out the best in other people I wonder what poor session say about us lololol

Just my Opinion

This is true, I 'm glad those types of visits are far behind me know!

Assuming robots have rights

So if you buy a robot and have sex with it, is it slavery etc?

If you see a robot, and pay for it, in Canada is it illegal?

And does the robot have to fill out tax forms?

Additional Comments:

Assuming robots have rights

So if you buy a robot and have sex with it, is it slavery etc?

If you see a robot, and pay for it, in Canada is it illegal?

And does the robot have to fill out tax forms?

It's just a sex toy so I down for that. I want the model that is self cleaning so I can just role over and fall asleep when I'm done...

Guest st*****ens**ors

I have no interest in a sex bot, regardless of how sophisticated it becomes. A sex toy provides friction, and a partner provides intimacy. If you want friction, you have a host of options from household items to high tech devices. If you crave intimacy, there is no substitute for a warm, eager, generous partner.

My 2 cents