Received in my personal email box notification for old private message on Lyla

As far as I can tell, the mails themselves are legit. It's just that they've been dumped into a queue, and got stuck... and something has just changed that's allowed them all to be sent.

One thing I did notice (on gmail) - a lot of the mails made it to my inbox, but a lot of others ended up in the spam folder. It would REALLY help Mod and the board if folks could check your spam folders, and mark any mails from the board that ended up there as "not spam" - that kind of thing helps to teach your email provider that mails from here are legitimate. There have been issues in the past with mails being treated as spam, and I know Mod has put in a lot of work (and probably spent some of the board's limited coin) to get it fixed. It would be very helpful if people could do what they can to keep Lyla's sender reputation up so that we don't have the same problem again - and marking mis-categorized mails as being "not spam/junk" makes a difference, even if you then immediately delete them.

• Like 4

The server was rebooted today, these must have been stuck in the mail queue sorry folks.

• Like 2

Ok, it has hacked into many other things. My personal gmail, business gmail and a yahoo account not associated with any of my accounts.

One thing I see is this :

This message may not have been sent by: [email protected] Learn more Report phishing

So I suspect its a virus (hack/thug), and we've spread it everywhere.

Do I delete? Close my accounts? Run for the hills? I don't know what to do.

No, its just because the emails were stuck in the mail queue. Other account not associated? That could be something different but probably not lyla related.

I have executed a command on the server to delete all mail in queue but it may take some time as i see over 60000 emails queues ... Sorry folks i had no idea the server had these all stored.

Meaghan,

You don't have to worry about any viruses or anything. Gmail looks for certain validation points in every email sent via them however if an email is routed through another server, privacy sevice etc. Gmail can't authenticate the email and then gives a standard "this may not have been sent by" message. Nothing to be concerned about at all!

• Like 1

Yesterday (Sept 21) I received a PM (Lyla/cerb) that was dated March 20th 2015,only 6 months late. Its good to know that I was not the only one that received 6 month old messages