Sign in to follow this  

Putting my picture in the recommendations section?

Hello! Does anyone know how to put your picture in the recommendations section instead of the general "check" picture? I have looked for answers regarding how to do this but haven't found anything so far.

Thanks for the help!

I think someone can add this when they start a thread (if you click the 'create new recommendation' link in the reco forum you'll see the option at the top), but I suspect most people don't do it. I didn't know it was there. The option doesn't appear to exist if you're posting to an existing reco thread.

Putting a pic in a recommendation might work too, if there's no pic already; I'm not sure.

And I have no idea if there's any approved way for a provider to get her pic attached to her reco thread

• Like 3

I think Phaedrus is correct the person who starts the recommendation thread can ad a thumbnail picture but I don't think this can be done when subsequent members add to the thread. I think that a picture from the ladies profile is a wonderful addition to the thread and should be included.. perhaps if the request was made to the MOD it could be added at the ladies request.

As for pictures to be included in the body of the recommendation thread this can be easily done just the same as adding pictures to any post. I have stated to do just that on any more recent recommendations I have added. I have simply used either pictures from the ladies Lyla profile or from her website.

It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words... well when the picture is of a wonderful LYLA Goddess then it's more like it is worth 10,000 words.

Additional Comments:

I think Phaedrus is correct the person who starts the recommendation thread can ad a thumbnail picture but I don't think this can be done when subsequent members add to the thread. I think that a picture from the ladies profile is a wonderful addition to the thread and should be included.. perhaps if the request was made to the MOD it could be added at the ladies request.

As for pictures to be included in the body of the recommendation thread this can be easily done just the same as adding pictures to any post. I have stated to do just that on any more recent recommendations I have added. I have simply used either pictures from the ladies Lyla profile or from her website.

It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words... well when the picture is of a wonderful LYLA Goddess then it's more like it is worth 10,000 words.

• Like 1

I think someone can add this when they start a thread (if you click the 'create new recommendation' link in the reco forum you'll see the option at the top), but I suspect most people don't do it. I didn't know it was there. The option doesn't appear to exist if you're posting to an existing reco thread.

Putting a pic in a recommendation might work too, if there's no pic already; I'm not sure.

And I have no idea if there's any approved way for a provider to get her pic attached to her reco thread

You are right on both counts Phaedrus

The recommendation template allows the originator of a recommendation to, if he so chooses, put a thumbnail picture of the lady in the "check picture" box. Once the originator of the recommendation thread posts a picture in the "check picture" box that is the only time a picture can be posted. If no picture is posted subsequent posters cannot, I believe, put a picture in the "check picture" box

There are some recommendation forums (Gatineau, Quebec for example) that don't have the standard reco template (they are formatted like regular forums) and there is no "check picture" box. In that case I just posted a picture (actually two ;-) ) right in the body of the recommendation

A likely repetitive rambling LOL

RG :-)

• Like 1