Android TV boxes?

I find feed quality can be pretty variable. Usually it's 720p or so, but I can't seem to get the 1080p sources to work well. I also haven't figured out how to stream live TV, which I would love to be able to do.

I have an add-in on mine called CC something, part of TVAddons, it can get you live streams, not fantastic quality though. We also run an Over the Air Antenna, fantastic quality local feeds.

I'm also waiting for delivery of a MI TV Box, with AndroidTV on it, and it has some live feed service(called Polar??)

My android box is getting old. Any recommendations for a newer faster android tv box?
Any old laptop. Download Kodi onto it, then follow the instructions on their site. Connect it to your tv with an HDMI cable and you can be watching whatever you want in less than 30 minutes.

Set it up on any computer to test it out. The software is free! It amazes me that people pay for a box. I have a 5-year-old laptop doing this for me AND I can surf the web on my big screen.

Get a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse and you're all set.

I use a Minix Neo U-9H and Neo A3 controller which is approximately $200 available through Amazon. I am very pleased with it's performance, these days with all the litigation you might find it with Kodi but without the addons installed.

An alternative today are the use of apks on any Android device, they work without a Kodi installation. I use one on my Android tablet, and am able to see all the latest tv series and movies.

There is a hug amount of information you can get on YouTube with a quick Kodi search.

• Like 1

I also had issues with my old Android box and I just purchased an NVidia Shield on Amazon after a lot of research (about $330 incl taxes). Yes a bit more expensive but I cannot believe the difference with my old unit. Have not used it yet to play games.

I like news and installed some free apps available on Playstore, especially Haystack TV which searches various feeds and organizes your selections.

I now rarely use Kodi and mostly use other APKs for movies and TV shows.

Also use You Tube and Mobdro frequently.

• Like 1

The terrarium apk seems very useful for tv and movies. seems to be well maintained with frequent updates. I recall it's not in the Playstore so you have to download from their website.