Plaza Gentlemen's Club closing

It's no secret that the Plaza Gentleman's Club has been for sale for a while now but I just heard that it will be closing sometime in December. With some new management and a few renovations this place has great potential.

I've heard it will not be a gentlemen's club any longer when the new owners take over. That means no more clubs in Kingston. I personally haven't been there but have friends who have patronized the place. They would agree with both monstermash and lakeranger that the place could flourish with the right work done to it.

A lot of girls left Kingston to work in Belleville and many of their regulars followed them. The owners of the Plaza SC license don't own the building but they do own the SC license so if it's not going to open again as a SC under new management, they can sell the one and only remaining Kingston SC license to someone else.

The last thing Kingston needs is another trashy nightclub filled with binge drinking Queens and St. Lawrence College students. It could use a decent strip club though.

So there is hope that a new one will open up? Obviously the restrictions now of opening a SC as far as location and proximity to churches and schools would apply. I'm curious as to how long a licence stays valid without an actual venue?

Your right tho lakeranger, Kingston doesn't need another trashy club!!

I don't know any details about ownership, club name or management but I have been informed by a reputable source that the former Plaza Gentlemen's Club will reopen under new management on January 7th in 2016.

January 7th for new ownership is so soon! I'm really surprised that the new owners have chosen to reopen so that quickly ! The club definitely needs some major renovations front of house and behind the scenes to be more appealing for clients as well as the talent they come to see. I personally think that if they do the renovations clean it up, allow for a larger VIP space and present under new ownership . Highlights of the ribbon cutting will press the ideas that they are in fact running a classy ladies and gentlemen's club . Importantly that they have made it a place that can respectively hold many types of events not just "strippers" ie ladies night , pole competitions ,bachelor parties, jack and Jill's bday parties...etc...perhaps evenings appealing to the gay community as well. Make it more desirable for girls to come work from out of town (accommodations/some travel expense ) and implement a good solid marketing strategy utilizing the social media giants like Facebook Twitter etc.. that business owners have at their finger tips ( free may I ad!) Yet only 33% of the b2c are actually taking advantage of this amazing avenue for advertising !!?!?I think the club has alot of potential !! Maybe they should have me manage it !! lol

Brielle T

• Like 3

Until they offer a real VIP area with real VIP dances, I'm not interested.

It's no more complicated than that.

• Like 1

Totally agree. Only ever went for a VIP at the Zoo once a few years back, charge you $20, and she stands like 3 ft away from you! WTF?? Never been back since. Belleville`s clubs have always offered `real` VIP, so why not here?! Hopefully things might change. Will have to see what the new owners have in mind.

That ckws article must of offended the old money in Kingston..... Doesn't exist anymore.

Not sure what you mean??

It seems strange that the article has disappeared to me that's all. Kingston seems conservative when it comes to these things and there is a lot of old money that controls the city... just my opinion though.. not really an informed opinion..

It seems strange that the article has disappeared to me that's all. Kingston seems conservative when it comes to these things and there is a lot of old money that controls the city... just my opinion though.. not really an informed opinion..

Agreed it does seem strange that it appears to have been purged from CKWS's newsfiles along with other stories relating to it

From the Whig Standard, this related story though

http://www.thewhig.com/2015/12/04/i-felt-so-comfortable-here

RG

• Like 1