emailing without permission

Over the last couple days i have received an email from a lady? asking me to email her so she can tell me more about myself. it says it saw my profile and wanted to contact me.

Yes I know there are all kinds of spam that can see your email and this email had some odd grammar and spelling mistakes. far wore then what I compose.

But mentioned a massage parlour or a group of them based in Ottawa. So it would seem to me that someone working for them has bad edict randomly soliciting themselves. Or that group has been hacked and looking up client emails. Not that I actually consider myself a client there.

Anyone else have this problem. I wont post persons name or the business name. I didn't respond to the email just deleted it.

Curious has anyone else had this issue?

Have you called the agency themselves to let them know the email you did receive? Letting them know you got a badly grammar e-mail, then ask if they normally send those type of e-mails. If they say no, the chances are it was hacked.

You should call them and notify them.

Over the last couple days i have received an email from a lady? asking me to email her so she can tell me more about myself. it says it saw my profile and wanted to contact me.

Yes I know there are all kinds of spam that can see your email and this email had some odd grammar and spelling mistakes. far wore then what I compose.

But mentioned a massage parlour or a group of them based in Ottawa. So it would seem to me that someone working for them has bad edict randomly soliciting themselves. Or that group has been hacked and looking up client emails. Not that I actually consider myself a client there.

Anyone else have this problem. I wont post persons name or the business name. I didn't respond to the email just deleted it.

Interesting...i recently received a text message from an unknown source saying "hey babe" I did a reverse lookup and the number seemed to have been attached to a spa at some point...wonder if this is related.

Posted via Mobile Device

Recently this happen to us too thru our website someone hacked into the website and sent private messages to the members of site the ip adress related to this issue was from Senegal so is for sure an spam we apologize for the issue and has being resolved. We do put a note on our site notifying members about this

Thank you and if you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me

Alexxandria

• Like 1

i have an sp friend who's name is being used in sending out emails. when i look at the source email address, it is not hers, but the name she puts in her own email account shows up as the sender just like hers.

You might want to be looking for the email account before opening it and if it doesn't match who it says in the senders name field delete and block.

Haha...I beat you guys out...she is being held in an African country, and is in the process of sharing the $2.7 million her father left for her in European bank accounts. All I have to is help her syphon the $ thru my accounts here and get the funds back to her so she can get out of her situation and continue her studies.;-)

• Like 5

I think I received the same email. On the surface, it appears to be an MA looking for business. The return email address is not a SPA account. I think it might be an ex SPA employee that collected email address' from those subscribed to the ALO newsletter.

Best thing to do is not opening unsollicitated e-mail, and click the ''block'' box.

Than, contacting your favorite sp, and foget about the rest... ;)