Dog's vs Cat's

Seems like most of the girls who work have one or more dogs or cats. some have more exotic pets. I have found I have had great times with girls that are animals lovers as I have had many pets in mine. What do you think. Dogs or cats?

Cats all the way for me . However I babysat two very small doggie 's this weekend . Love at first sight and the kitties just loved them .

Soo, I may have a diverse family soon and isn't that what its all about!

• Like 3

Seems like the majority of worn that I have met own dogs. There dogs are their babies or little man sometimes. Dogs are more loveable and loyal and need to be loved more. Whereas cats decide whether they come to you or not, but they are cute and fun as kittens. Lol

i had a bird as a kid and he learned to imitate all the kitchen appliances drove my parents nuts lol

Growing up, I used to have a white bunny as pet -- does it count? :icon_biggrin: It ( too young to find out if it was a boy or girl) would run to me when I called for it.

Recently, I took a little doggie I was dog-sitting when I went to see my ATF who is an animal-lover. After the fun time, we went for a walk on the bike path with the dog. It was the first time she walked a dog and she couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear. Afterward, back in the car, I put the little doggie on her lap and.... the smile on her beautiful face was priceless! :grin:

• Like 1

I have one dog and one cat in my home. Matthew is a Orange Tabby who came to us as a rescue at about two years old. He is very friendly and loves belly rubs. Miss Comet is a Samoyed and runs the house as she is very dominant female. She is also the most friendly dog you will ever meet. So I guess I am on both sides of this topic...

• Like 1

I like animals. I used to have a rabbit named Wynter. Then I had a cat named Oreo because it was black and white. Now I have an orange tabby named Diva.

I like dogs but ever since I got attacked by 2 dogs last year I get nervous around certain breeds. Or black dogs.

• Like 1

I don't have any(for now), but like both.

Dog's are generally more playful and loyal. No matter the size, can act as good bodyguards or at least identify a possible threat. The downside is their limited independence. Leaving them alone for a weekend(unless they remain outside) will normally spell disaster or at least a smelly home.

Cats are more independent. Once litter box trained, they can remain alone for a few days as long they got enough food and water. The downside is their more erratic temperament. They only play and cuddle when they want to and won't be shy to say they want to be left alone.

Could say a lot more but at the end of the day one's lifestyle and occupations should determine the best suited furry companion(s).

• Like 1

I like both dogs and cats. My current fur baby is a cat. He is a beautiful long haired orange, with four white paws and a white chest. He was a rescue cat and I have had him for about eight years. He is very chatty. Unfortunately he can not be left alone for more than a couple of hours. He demands that his litter box be emptied nightly before he will go to sleep. He also expects me to get up and feed him at 4 AM. If I don't he will pounce on me repeatedly until I get up. He also insists that we take afternoon naps together every day. Good thing I am retired... lol

• Like 1