Women who sit while giving massage.........

Long time 'massage hobbyist', but have only witnessed women in MB who sit while giving massage!?!

Mind you they don't sit all the time, but it does happen! When it does, they usually only use one hand (hey we only need one hand, lol). Is this a common practice here in MB? I haven't seen it in any other Province! I know texting while giving a massage happens (totally annoying), but sitting! Maybe it's just me, but do other members find it irritating!

Guest S***tgu**9

hey, if shes diddling herself with the other hand I'm all for it.

In fairness to some of them, they spend their days standing and bent over doing massage for large amounts of time. That puts a lot of strain on the lower back and shoulders.

• Like 1

Most therapists will use both hands throughout the massage treatment, it's not a Manitoba thing if your therapist just used one hand. As a therapist myself I do sit at times throughout but both hands are always working on the client. It is possible that your therapist isn't comfortable with you, and not into providing their best. Nothing against you it just can happen, not every match is a good fit. If your not comfortable with your experience then keep looking till you find the right experience your looking for. There are many well liked women on here to try, look on this site for recommendations or pm others for suggestions. And always remember a simple rule, if the client is clean, respectful and generous, then their therapist will always give you a reason to smile. Guaranteed

• Like 2

I have received massage training from a former RMT and they have always told me to keep both hands on the client. In some cases, I have sat down on a chair to massage the neck and head while the client is on the table but never with just one hand.

I have very strong hands but have been told they have gotten stronger maybe because I've been working out with weights. I notice I no longer experience the strain on my hands that I used to when I began massage.

Maybe their hands were just tired. I've experienced this in the past.

• Like 4

There is noting wrong with sitting in fact it is part of a proper massage . I sit at the feet of my clients to give then the maximum benefit of a foot massage . I am also skilled in Indian Head Massage . This is bliss at its best , everyone needs this awesome relaxation technique.

There are no guarantees for anyone who enjoys massage . I am highly trained and may not be suitable for those that like the short rub down with fast relief .

There are many ladies with different offerings, I say find the one that suits you best !!

A shoe for every foot !!!!

• Like 1

Of course you sit when massaging neck and feet but I don't think the OP was talking about that. Nothing wrong with that but I think sitting for the remainder is.

Question if you paid for a massage and your therapist sat on a chair and massaged your back would you be happy? I wouldn't.

I'm with f158 - Bingo!

It comes down to what is expected; expected from patron who is paying; paying basically $1 per minute! Agree, some ladies get tired throughout a long day, but if they're SO tired that they must sit down during massage, maybe they're in the wrong profession!?!

IE: 'hands never leave clients body' is 100%! In the end, if gal wants tip(s), including giving good massage, they will, and should be accommodated! That's all.

Of course you sit when massaging neck and feet but I don't think the OP was talking about that. Nothing wrong with that but I think sitting for the remainder is.

Question if you paid for a massage and your therapist sat on a chair and massaged your back would you be happy? I wouldn't.

Yes f158 - If a gal has to take a seat because of tiredness, so be it. But, if that is the norm. for her giving massage, c'mon!?! Each to their own, dissect it all you like, but in the end, it seems like a bit of a rip off.

The attendant should sit when doing the neck and forehead and ������ area. Plus the pedi. The rest of the body should be standing.

Don't places have hand rails on the ceiling and the hopefully, a petite light weight attendant does the catwalks on your back?

I dont mind if she sits, its the way she is sitting that may make me feel uncomfortable. Like laying face down and she sits on a little barn stool like shes ready to milk a cow..or bull.