OK! Looks like we're going to have to do this thing then. I've gotten lots of feedback, and it appears there will be enough interest to warrant trying to have a party. Now I can't say when this will happen, but I'm telling you all publically that I'm on it. Just please be patient! ;)

TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!

(Sorry, I got caught up in the moment:oops:)

Hmmm...wonder if Porter has deals from Ottawa to the 'peg. Would you welcome a few out-of-towners? It could be like a quick trip to Vegas, only better!! All aboard.

Hmmm...wonder if Porter has deals from Ottawa to the 'peg. Would you welcome a few out-of-towners? It could be like a quick trip to Vegas, only better!! All aboard.

Of course! I can think of a few out-of-towners I wouldn't mind seeing there. ;)

Ok! So I guess first thing's first everybody...

Location!

Location!

Location!

Please post any and all ideas or suggestions. That way we can all collectively decide where to do this thing. :)

I've PM'd Soleil about this but thought I'd throw it out to the membership.

With regards to the location, the first thing that needs to be established is just what is the purpose of this gatherring? Is it just a meet and greet over drinks and snacks or is it an opportuntiy for pooners and Sp's to "rendevous" as well. This will impact the location because if it is a meet and greet with "rendevous" for who is ever interested, we need a location with access to private rooms. If just drinks, a hotel suite would be sufficient? I know in the past an SP used to host parties in her home but I don't think that is an option here (no way I'm having you perv's in my home :wink:).

If we need to rent a hotel suite or other suitable location, everyone would have to be prepared to pony up for the expense. It's not fair for the organizer to pay for this and other costs and in the end not get reimbursed.

Once we decide on what form this party is going to take and some location ideas, we can certainly get some cost estimates done and then let everyone know what kind of donation we might require to get his off the ground.

I would personally think the theme suites would be a good place to have it. One room as the party room and another for sessions if that is what people want. It would ofcourse be more costly than having it in someones house but alittle more practical. I for one wouldn't mind chipping in for an event like this. I was invited to a similar thing in Calgary when I toured there and it was a hit! they rented a suite style hotel room so there was a living room and two bedrooms in one suite and we all hung out by the pool and had drinks and birthday cake :) it alot of fun

This sounds like a great idea and if I would have heard about it when you guys did yours I would have shown up.

It's too bad there's probably not enough time to have it as a Christmas Party next month some time.

I'll keep my eye on this thread to see if anyone comes up with something and if anyone out there is interested they should post in here just to show what kind of interest there is here.

Okay, so it seems we have some renewed interest. Great!

Here's what I'm thinking.

A meet and greet. Drinks. Food. Relaxed conversation. Not intended to be for liasons but if a lady and pooner wish to arrange something outside the party (:bddog:) that's their business.

Late January. Its too late for a Xmas party but we can't leave it too long.

A week night (Thursday) is best for me. Weekends are out. As a single dad its easier for me to make some excuse during the week to get a sitter for a few hours (late meeting, client dinner, seminar). My Tuesdays and Wednesdays are tied up with my daughter's piano and karate class.

Mariaggi Suites, Jakarta room.

BYOB as well as an extra bottle of wine or wahtever for the ladies.

I'll supply some snacks but others can feel free to chip in with a fruit tray, cheese tray, etc...

How's that for a start?

I absolutely agree with all of the above!!

Additional Comments:

I absolutely agree with all of the above!!

Okay, so it seems we have some renewed interest. Great!

Here's what I'm thinking.

A meet and greet. Drinks. Food. Relaxed conversation. Not intended to be for liasons but if a lady and pooner wish to arrange something outside the party (:bddog:) that's their business.

Late January. Its too late for a Xmas party but we can't leave it too long.

A week night (Thursday) is best for me. Weekends are out. As a single dad its easier for me to make some excuse during the week to get a sitter for a few hours (late meeting, client dinner, seminar). My Tuesdays and Wednesdays are tied up with my daughter's piano and karate class.

Mariaggi Suites, Jakarta room.

BYOB as well as an extra bottle of wine or wahtever for the ladies.

I'll supply some snacks but others can feel free to chip in with a fruit tray, cheese tray, etc...

How's that for a start?

Everything there sounds great to me! :motion:

Due to the nature of such a gathering, it will be best carried out as an invite only party. Basically, if you'd like to come but no one knows you, can vouch for you or has met you, then you likely won't be getting an invitation. I think that's the best way to ensure we have a room full of good people. In other words, I was thinking maybe some of you could let myself or livenudecats know if you're interested in coming, and as long as one of the attending SPs has met you, you're in! Likely, the SPs attending will be myself, Zoe, Tina, Kaylee and Elizabeth. Does that sound fair to everyone and make sense?

Additional Comments:

Due to the nature of such a gathering, it will be best carried out as an invite only party. Basically, if you'd like to come but no one knows you, can vouch for you or has met you, then you likely won't be getting an invitation. I think that's the best way to ensure we have a room full of good people. In other words, I was thinking maybe some of you could let myself or livenudecats know if you're interested in coming, and as long as one of the attending SPs has met you, you're in! Likely, the SPs attending will be myself, Zoe, Tina, Kaylee and Elizabeth. Does that sound fair to everyone and make sense?

This is correct Soleil. It is unfortunate , but it is correct.

I'm not even sure that the location should be out there, and probably not the date.

As much as I'd love to say' throw it open', that is not the world we live in. ( at least this part of our world)

I am almost the last person that will say be cautious, but 'be cautious'.

That said I want everyone to enjoy themselves, and I hope to meet many of you someday.... chavez:-P

This is correct Soleil. It is unfortunate , but it is correct.

I'm not even sure that the location should be out there, and probably not the date.

As much as I'd love to say' throw it open', that is not the world we live in. ( at least this part of our world)

I am almost the last person that will say be cautious, but 'be cautious'.

That said I want everyone to enjoy themselves, and I hope to meet many of you someday.... chavez:-P

I can appreciate you guys wanting to be cautious and I guess I was a bit naive in my thinking. I am new to this whole thing so perhaps when I do meet some of the SPs I'll be able to attend the next one (if there is a next one). So since none of you know me, I'm obviously not on the invite list.

I have my eye on a couple of you ladies so if we meet before your get together then maybe I'll get an invite, if not I hope to meet some of you one day soon.

Hope you guys have fun though! :bddog:

I can appreciate you guys wanting to be cautious and I guess I was a bit naive in my thinking. I am new to this whole thing so perhaps when I do meet some of the SPs I'll be able to attend the next one (if there is a next one). So since none of you know me, I'm obviously not on the invite list.

I have my eye on a couple of you ladies so if we meet before your get together then maybe I'll get an invite, if not I hope to meet some of you one day soon.

Hope you guys have fun though! :bddog:

All you have to do then, is contact one of the girls, make an appointment, and providing you're as nice in person as you seem to be on here, then you'll be more than welcome to join us! As a newbie, I think meeting others in this community will be a very positive experience for you. You've got at least a month. So get busy Zinga! ;-)