Has management responded to the concerns raised in this thread re the BGR or is this just a coincidence?

(Perhaps a limit remains in place and there just weren't many dancers in that day so that by chance a majority of ebony dancers was the result on that occasion.)

The quota tends to be more lax on quieter shifts (like Saturday afternoons). It can be hard for management to get enough dancers to work them in general, so they're usually less picky than with busy shifts (like Saturday night).

The quota is also based on an ideal number of dancers. So, while management would like there to be, say, 10 dancers on a certain shift with only 2 of them being black (made up numbers), if only 5 of the scheduled dancers show up and 2 of them are black, having a "less than ideal" ratio is better than having too few dancers.

• Like 1

I can't remember ever saying to myself 'there are too many dancers at this club tonight'. I think having lots of dancers in the club helps to bring in lots of customers, and the club makes money from each dancer because they pay a fee to be there and they consume alcohol and maybe food.

So do the clubs really decide to limit the number of dancers? I think it was noted in an earlier post that at most clubs there is no limit on the number of white dancers.

I can believe they try to manage the ratio of black dancers to white dancers, but I don't think it would hurt their business if they stopped doing that. They should just concentrate on having dancers that attract customers to the club and who don't cause trouble.

So do the clubs really decide to limit the number of dancers? I think it was noted in an earlier post that at most clubs there is no limit on the number of white dancers.

Well, there are only so many dance booths, so, especially in smaller clubs, it's not a terrible idea to limit the number of dancers working at a given time. No one wants to have to wait in line for a booth to open up to get a dance!

I've worked in clubs that would cap the number of dancers on slower shifts, which was always appreciated since then the dancers working were more likely to all make at least some money. Plus many customers get a bit nervous when they walk in to a club that's void of customers but has a big pack of dancers just waiting for him to sit down so they can pounce.

Around here the clubs make more money when more dancers are working (ie. they charge a set fee to work rather than taking a cut of each dancer's sales), so it doesn't really matter to them if the dancers make money or not. In fact, some slower shifts will see an excessive amount of dancers because the club is trying to make up for lower bar sales (due to less customers) with more stage fees (and possibly some bar sales due to bored dancers).

tl;dr: no, the clubs here don't really limit the total number of dancers, though IMO it wouldn't be a bad idea if they did.

• Like 2

A lot of SW type business do things like that- play off that the girls are the products, then turn around and try to cash out on the girls when there's not enough money rolling in. The disrespect...

Short term- making money off your girls works in brief increments.

Long term- I'd LOVE to see how a strip club or anything of the sort would flourish if they tried to invest IN their girls instead of scamming them out of a billion fees... how much happier the girls would be and in turn how that would affect dancing/clients... how the high turnover may slow down (and again, clients may appreciate that)... etc...

But I can't say I'm fond of how strip clubs (or any general body house type deals) treat girls, and especially that stupid black girl rule.

• Like 3

I can't remember ever saying to myself 'there are too many dancers at this club tonight'. I think having lots of dancers in the club helps to bring in lots of customers, and the club makes money from each dancer because they pay a fee to be there and they consume alcohol and maybe food.

I can believe they try to manage the ratio of black dancers to white dancers, but I don't think it would hurt their business if they stopped doing that. They should just concentrate on having dancers that attract customers to the club and who don't cause trouble.

I have to agree with you that I do not think i have ever said to myself that there are too many girls here tonight. As a customer, the more dancers the better in my opinion.

Additional Comments:

Well, there are only so many dance booths, so, especially in smaller clubs, it's not a terrible idea to limit the number of dancers working at a given time. No one wants to have to wait in line for a booth to open up to get a dance!

I've worked in clubs that would cap the number of dancers on slower shifts, which was always appreciated since then the dancers working were more likely to all make at least some money. Plus many customers get a bit nervous when they walk in to a club that's void of customers but has a big pack of dancers just waiting for him to sit down so they can pounce.

Around here the clubs make more money when more dancers are working (ie. they charge a set fee to work rather than taking a cut of each dancer's sales), so it doesn't really matter to them if the dancers make money or not. In fact, some slower shifts will see an excessive amount of dancers because the club is trying to make up for lower bar sales (due to less customers) with more stage fees (and possibly some bar sales due to bored dancers).

tl;dr: no, the clubs here don't really limit the total number of dancers, though IMO it wouldn't be a bad idea if they did.

I did not think about it from a dancer's perspective. I do not think it is fair for the club to charge dancers the same price during the day or nights during the week. I have not had trouble getting a booth in the champagne room except occasionally on a Saturday night but it has been a while.

I had a dancer tell me this many years ago. I thought it was ridiculous then and ridiculous now. I prefer ebony women and usually only have them perform fur me so the rule is quite limiting to me when I prefer to see an ebony women and there are none in an establishment or are limited. We all have different tastes and preferences and limiting any woman based solely on race is insulting and frankly, wrong.

A "Black girl rule" in this day and age is ridiculous. I don't see why race should have anything to do with who can work the floor. I haven't really noticed it on my trips, though. I actually haven't even visited a club in 2017.

I would frequent Club Pigale to see a really fantastic Haitian woman in the latter half of 2016. Very beautiful, all natural and very sassy and talkative to boot. Also very, very affectionate as we would be kissing throughout the dances. She left the business and she seems to not be responding to texts. Hope she's doing well at the beauty parlor she's employed at. I have no desire at this time to visit a club and find another regular.

Does this just apply to race?

Do they also try to have variety in other characteristics:

Hair color?

Breast size?

Height?

Body shape?

Body size?

Fake breast vs natural breast?

Butt size?

Caucasian?

Asian?

Hispanic?

Middle Eastern?

It seemed racist when I first read it, but if other physical characteristics are also aimed to be in the variety, then maybe not so. A guy may not be physically attracted to a specific ethnic background but it does not mean he is racist.

• Like 1

New order of buttons is in. Same as the old buttons. I'll be distributing them based on previous requests and will still have a few left over. I guess I should make ANOTHER order to stay ahead of demand.

NO_BGR_buttons.jpg

• Like 1

Does this just apply to race?

Do they also try to have variety in other characteristics:

Hair color?

Breast size?

Height?

Body shape?

Body size?

Fake breast vs natural breast?

Butt size?

Caucasian?

Asian?

Hispanic?

Middle Eastern?

It seemed racist when I first read it, but if other physical characteristics are also aimed to be in the variety, then maybe not so. A guy may not be physically attracted to a specific ethnic background but it does not mean he is racist.

Yes ladies have told me they were barred from certain bar or bars based on physical size (For example when they gained weight then they were asked to leave to another bar) of all races (mostly I heard from Caucasian ladies). Also I have heard a couple of times ladies barred because of wearing heavy tattoos. Also as expected ladies barred for breaking club rules.

No I never heard anyone being barred based on hair color, breast size, fake breast, height or being Asian or Caucasian or Middle Eastern or Hispanic. I did hear once from an ebony lady that when she called to dance in a certain bar she was told not for that particular night (not barred) because there were a few ebony ladies already that night in that bar.

You made however a very good point at the end. I am for example physically attracted to fair skin so in strip clubs I usually ask dancers with fair skin. This is my preference. I am absolutely NOT racist and I do not believe this preference makes me or anyone else a racist. I am sure there are gentlemen who are more attracted to ebony ladies or Hispanic or Middle Eastern or Asian ladies and usually see those ladies and they are not racist either for the same preference reason.

Yep it happen's in many sc the majority of them will only accept a certain amount ebony lady per shift, this includes the regular girls that works everyday.

there was this very cute girl with a i think was a middle east background that got banned from a very popular club on this site because appretently she gained weight, she was stunning, friendly, fun and with a great attitude. What i was told by other dancer was that if the manager or the guy booking the girls didn't like you he won't let you work and in this case he told the girl she was too fat....

Funny thing, that girl came back working at the club a month or 2 after and as far as I know nothing in her appearance had change

Do the clubs keep track of which dancer gets the most dances? For example they see who is going to the champagne room so they could count to see who gets the most dances and then get more of that type of dancer and restrict others that are not as popular.

Do the clubs keep track of which dancer gets the most dances? For example they see who is going to the champagne room so they could count to see who gets the most dances and then get more of that type of dancer and restrict others that are not as popular.

No. The club doesn't make money off dances, so they don't care to measure that. That would be the best way to determine what type of dancers to have on the roster, but they go by the look they think customers want, regardless of evidence. I've seen busy dancers get told they can no longer work certain shifts or that they simply can't work there anymore. Dancers generally get fired/restricted based on their actions (ie. breaking the rules), size, and sometimes the colour of their skin.

• Like 2

No. The club doesn't make money off dances, so they don't care to measure that. That would be the best way to determine what type of dancers to have on the roster, but they go by the look they think customers want, regardless of evidence. I've seen busy dancers get told they can no longer work certain shifts or that they simply can't work there anymore. Dancers generally get fired/restricted based on their actions (ie. breaking the rules), size, and sometimes the colour of their skin.

I will add this in another separate thread but it appears that Pigale is doing advance analytics on dancers on the weekend. I noticed they write down the dancer and the time when they enter the champagne room.

I want to be involved in the performance review process.

DIBS! DIBS! OH, dibs! You all heard me. I said dibs.

#dibs

Guest lydiahardwood
12 hours ago, Kilt Boy said:

I'm wondering if anything will have changed regarding this once the clubs re-open.

I should certainly hope so. Unfortunately there are lots of reports on this, but I'm hoping that the Black Lives Matter movement will change things in a positive way. Good article on it from a Black sex worker here - https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/bjyp35/what-happens-when-sex-workers-put-women-of-color-first