With Trump's lack of diplomacy, you can be certain this will ignite a war. He makes cowboy George W. Bush look like a choir boy. He was an idiot but at least his family had an extensive history in politics with experience to boot. This current clown has none. The fact that he has already begun to deliver on what he promised he would do such as eliminating NAFTA and his immigration ban, you know his ego has something to prove.

This isn't about what's good for the United States but what's good for his idea of control and power. Running a country isn't like real estate deals. Of course, his immigration ban doesn't include countries he does business with. His arrogance will eventually trip him up. It always does with narcissists. My prediction is it will be something to do with his businesses, therefore setting in motion the ability to impeach him.

• Like 7

I hope you're right, Nicolette, but I have trouble imaging the Republican Party actually taking a stand and impeaching him.

• Like 4

Godwin's Law, also known as "reductio ad Hitlerum" postulates that any online discussion, if it goes on long enough, will ultimately end up with comparisons to Hitler and Naxism as a basis to invalidate whatever is being criticized.

This is yet another Trump discussion that got there really fast. Respectfully, it's not a helpful argument for anything.

As I understand the executive order that everyone is losing their minds about, it put a temporary stay in place for 90 days while a program is implemented for improved vetting for individuals arriving from those countries. Of the over 300,000 people traveling to the U.S. every day, apparently somewhere (as reported by the U.S. media) around 300 individuals where put in a very difficult situation as they were in transit when it happened, and that should not have happened. But that is being addressed now. It affects people arriving from seven countries; over 40 countries that are predominantly Muslim are not affected.

Trump is (a rarity for politicians) doing exactly what he said he would do.

• Like 3

Guest Miss Jane TG

Few months ago, I commenced a threat titled "Trump the Bitch" expressing my genuine interest of Trump defeating the Bitch (Clinton). The knights of democracy and diversity (or human dignity!) in this forum executed every trick in the books to ban that thread, and they succeeded. Now, that's the true fascism!

Trump won the elections and some people are still living the shock phase. This thread, in my view, is nothing more than a shock phase phenomenon for a man who defeated all the odds, establishment, media, etc. I truly applaud the american people, and before them people in the UK, for defeating the media and the establishment. In Canada, we are far behind given the traditional (genetic by this time) obedience.

Guest *Ste***cque**
Few months ago, I commenced a threat titled "Trump the Bitch" expressing my genuine interest of Trump defeating the Bitch (Clinton).

Miss Jane TG, did you mean to say "I commenced a threat" or was that a Freudian slip? No wonder it got banned. LOL. Actually, I'm surprised people tried to have it banned. Although it got heated that's no excuse for banning, imo.

As for Trump, he is now POTUS. It's best to accept this but remain vigilant to his demagoguery. Submissive behavior is not a requirement for democracy(not that there's anything wrong with submissives :)). If Trump tramples rights, speak up. "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". Wise words, especially in these times.

I do think Trump panders to peoples baser, primitive instincts and sometimes society takes 2 steps forward and then one step back. Overall, I think society will eventually move past fear and knee-jerk reactions. It's said science progresses one funeral at a time... maybe the same can be said for society. Eventually the dinosaurs die off.

If Trump does poorly he will be out in 4 years, possibly sooner. Hang in there.

Guest Miss Jane TG
Miss Jane TG, did you mean to say "I commenced a threat" or was that a Freudian slip? No wonder it got banned. LOL. Actually, I'm surprised people tried to have it banned. Although it got heated that's no excuse for banning, imo.

Neither. And it would be futile for a baser to match an elite cognitively. Moreover, don't be surprised by some of the elite trying to ban a baser. Nevertheless, democracy is tricky, since the baser has the same voting power as an elite (1:1). Until the elite come up with new rules for democracy, the dinosaurs (or basers) will continue to survive.