Remember when ...

3 minutes ago, vegeta85 said:

Only this time we're all unwilling participants in it

Makes us miss/remember when W.Bush was considered an embarrassing world leader. Maybe he was really at the time, but at least he had a sense of humor about it and became a better man. Unlike Trump who'll remain a bitter selfish ahole.

I was watching an old movie last weekend and saw in the car that was driven an ashtray in the door armrest passenger side or some in the back of the front seat that just folded open.  Do you remember those days?  Not so long ago having a cigarette lighter(not the plug for it because they still come with that) and ashtray were option in some vehicles, but back then it was standard in all of them.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NotchJohnson said:

I was watching an old movie last weekend and saw in the car that was driven an ashtray in the door armrest passenger side or some in the back of the front seat that just folded open.  Do you remember those days?  Not so long ago having a cigarette lighter(not the plug for it because they still come with that) and ashtray were option in some vehicles, but back then it was standard in all of them.

Yes and those quarter vent windows that were common on cars and trucks until the mid to late 80's when AC became a more affordable and efficient option.

1024px-1965_AMC_Ambassador_detail_of_vent_window.jpg

16 minutes ago, vegeta85 said:

Remember when we had a $2 bill?

Or even the one dollar bill before that, it went to the coin instead of paper.  I have a whole bunch of those $1 and $2 bills at home.  I asked at the bank to see how much they are worth and they simply told me $1 and $2, they won't give you more(or less) for them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/21/2020 at 4:53 PM, vegeta85 said:

Remember when we had a $2 bill?

Remember when we had a FOUR dollar bill?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Kilt Boy said:

Remember when we had a FOUR dollar bill?

You must be a term not allowed Kilt Boy, I'm old and I don't even remember that !  LOL

Remember when this just reminded me of a great song by Alan Jackson such a good song gunna go listen to it right now thanks everyone

Remember when people used to say "If you have sex with a woman you're having sex with guy she's ever had sex with too"? What a load of sexist bullshit that was!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, vegeta85 said:

Remember when people used to say "If you have sex with a woman you're having sex with guy she's ever had sex with too"? What a load of sexist bullshit that was!

It depends on the context. For old-fashioned people, it's more likely a religious statement about abstinence. And for others, a cautionary tale about safe-sex. It's all about interpretation.

Milk, bread, ice and coal being delivered by horse-drawn carts and the trash man going down the back alley.  Gad, I'm old!

• Like 2

Remember when ceiling mirrors used to be a popular option in some motels?

While I'm sure those still exist, those motels are not as fresh and clean as those used to be.

P1070910.jpg

Remember when waterbeds were popular?

Even if still around, far from the craze of the 80's. My few experiences with those were mixed as the enjoyment came more from the person I was sharing it with than the bed itself. Like most fads, the novelty wears off quickly.

Do you remember when you wanted to show family pictures you would take out these huge hard cover books with thick pages to keep the paper pictures on that were held by a plastic film to protect them.  Same thing goes for vacation pics and so on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NotchJohnson said:

Do you remember when you wanted to show family pictures you would take out these huge hard cover books with thick pages to keep the paper pictures on that were held by a plastic film to protect them.  Same thing goes for vacation pics and so on.

Oh you mean photo albums lol

Back in the day (mid to late 1960s) when dad was posted in West Germany Friday nights he hauled out the slide projector something like this and we'd watch one carousel of slides. No TV...well English TV where we were. So slides were our TV lol

A Flashback Rambling lol

RG

s-l300.jpg

• Like 3

I lived in a rural town where our house was over 7 km away from school.  So when we stayed after school for activities we would go to the pay phone and made a collect call.  Instead of saying our real name for our parents to accept the charge we would just say something like " ready to be picked up" on the recording and about 15 minutes later our parents would come and pick us up.  I've seen a commercial like that many years ago where the operator asked what the guys name after his wife gave birth and he said "Bob..we had a baby it's a boy" and the father told his wife that Bob called they had a baby and it's a boy. lol

• Like 2