Can anybody relate ..??

Guest v**do****g

I would be absolutely happy for the ladies that I know personally in the business if they planned to retire and I would be the first one to congratulate them.

I have made friends with a handful of providers and I know that I would personally still see them if I decided to eventually walk away from this hobby.

I can see it from a provider's end that she can see some clients that she really enjoys spending time with and that she had good times with.

Some ladies enjoy the business and some dread every second of every minute.

This profession and lifestyle is not really sustainable mentally and financially or something that both providers and clients can participate in long term.

I am not sure how easy it would be to walk away 100% and never venture back at some point.

It depends how strong you are mentally.

Guest st*****ens**ors

I can sympathize with your dilemma. You have an objective in retirement, but you are torn over severing relationships and closing a chapter in your life.

Saying goodbye is something I have always found difficult. More than difficult, really. The end of every summer hits me like a heartbreak.

But your choices belong to no one but you. If you are happy continuing, who can reproach you? If you'd like to blur the line of retirement and continue to see some folks you care about, that's your decision too.

If your life is a ship, the tiller is yours, and you owe no apologies for recharting your course as often as you wish.

There are any number of reasons why a lady in this profession may choose to retire just like any occupation. But just like any other occupation if you enjoy what you are doing and and have the free time to do it then why not continue even in a part time or limited role?

I know lots of people who have retired from doing their chosen profession full time but still work part time because they love what they do and still have the spare time and energy to.

I mean, unless you are getting into a committed relationship I assume you are going to date in your personal life. Why not continue to "date" a few select gentlemen you enjoy the company of. If you happen to make a few extra bucks in the process then it's a win-win.

• Like 1

I spent 35+ years in a very high stress environment.

For years I could not wait til I could get the hell out. Then suddenly I woke up one day and that was the day. You cannot imagine how fast 35 years go by!

No more pressure. I always had bills, mortgage, commitments. I had to work. Now everything is paid off, I can walk out anytime with a full pension...and I don't want to.

With no pressure any job is ninety percent more bearable.

• Like 3

No reason you can't "retire" from advertising and actively recruiting new clients, and continue to see your favourites... there are quite a few "retired" sp's out there that are still actively seeing clients.

• Like 1

When I 'Retired' the first time, it had been after eight years in the business. I had completed school and simply started working in an unrelated industry, which gave me little time to book appointments - even with regulars.

You do build connections in this business though, and sometimes the good ones can last a lifetime! This is no different than any other 'working' friendship you may develop over time, in any other line of employment.

If you want to take a step back and only book with regulars, you can always create a newsletter to advertise only to your previous clientele.

You can designate a few days a month for appointments, so that you can utilize your other days as you see fit...without feeling guilty for being unavailable to your favorites.

You can test out 'full' retirement for a while, and take a break...and you can always come back. That is the beauty of this industry!

• Like 3

Last fall a lady who I consider a friend finally actually retired... I was her last client. She stopped seeing clients regularly 2 years ago, but would text me when she was in town... I assume she continued to see me cause she enjoyed my company. Anyway, she eventually told me she was involved in a relationship and had to stop seeing me... We had one last date, and I wished her well. We texted each other happy Christmas.

For myself, I don't really plan to retire, or at least not completely. I have a job that I really enjoy and as long as my brain is working, that career will continue. But one never knows.

• Like 1

This happened because you truly enjoyed what you did in the past and a very special bond you had developed with certain clients over time--a total migration from a client-provider relationship to part-time lover/mistress with no serious commitment. This is very complicated but it does exist, it's very beautiful and precious. That's why you can't afford to lose it. It's that simple!

• Like 1

Last week, a lovely lady who've I've know for 5 years who retired 2 years ago, and finally said goodbye to me last Oct, contacted me and we had a short little chat... and as it turned out she came out of retirement once more... at least for me anyway... and that in part is that I believe enjoys our time together about as much as I do. As an added bonus, yesterday, it was exactly 5 years since I first saw her. Cheers.