I notice more and more some sp have e-transfer or e-transfer only. I assume usually a scam but "brittany " formerly "stacy hart" from HP was legit and has e-trasfer only. Was wondering does anyone actually send e-transfers to sp's?

I will only accept it from good regulars because on a receiver's end, if a the person sending it compromised someone else's account, it's considered fraudulent and then the receiver could end up being banned from being able to retrieve etransfers.

• Like 2

I wouldn't do it either. As stated above. Never leave a trail.

If it's for a prolonged visit or for a later date, bring her a cash deposit.

If it's one hour or less. No way.

Guest Prufrock Cummings

I've done e-transfers twice, but in both instances I had known them both for a long period of time so it didn't bother me at all; there was an established trust factor.

Truth be told though, I wouldn't just e-transfer money to a complete stranger, someone with whom I had never met.

I see no reason not to use this service, especially if you know and trust the recipient and there is no need to identify yourself. Some of the concerns about privacy and a record is a little overblown, unless you have shared access to the account.

• Like 2

I think he wants to know if its a "common practice."

As some have said, if you know the SP well. Sure.

Or she new to you as in you've never seen her before or once before.(No I wouldn't do it)

Additional Comments:

Is it common practice? No, I don't use it or know someone who does.

DOES ANYONE USE IT?

Many clients used it with me as it's convenient for both of us (if they are single and don't mind the paper trail).

Yes you have to trust the lady obviously.

Bianca

• Like 3

It is done, it is not common.

I have no idea what got into her head to only do it that way other than she may have been robbed, or worried about getting robbed. this way she would not have any cash on hand for someone to take.

i would not do it prior to an appt for someone you haven't verified in some way, or have seen before. heck even then, there is no shortage of pay me now and i'll make it up to you later scams even from regulars. on both sides, fwiw.

Guest Nurglitch

In terms of asking for an e-transfer it seems vaguely unreasonable, but what about taking offers of e-transfers. Presumably prior, as offering a post e-transfer seems scam-ish.

I will ask for an email transfer if travelling out of town and I haven't seen you before to insure the appointment yes...or if I am going to an outcall to a private home (which I seldom do) to confirm it is for sure

We all work to our own comfort levels

• Like 2