It may be a new thing, or it may not even be a thing at all. I experienced some interesting behaviour last Friday that got me thinking.

I was having a chat with one of my regular dancers and we were discussing the idea that if you're sitting in the front row, maybe you should be tipping each girl who comes up five dollars. That seems like a little and a lot all at the same time.

I thought we were just talking hypothetically until a little later when I jumped up front to say hello to someone else I know and she asked me from the stage if I had five dollars for her.

It might be a new and concerted effort to make more money. I'm not sure.

It would certainly keep guys from sitting there all night if there was a 'seat tax'. I'll admit that I've done it. I've sat up there for hours, just getting lost in the music, beer, and dancers.

The other side of it is that nobody is going to sit up there until they WANT to tip a girl. I don't know if that's any better.

Anyone else see this behaviour, or is it just me? I'm all for the girls making money, and I try to make sure that they do, but this just weakens the pot and might make me decide that I don't have enough to take someone upstairs at all.

I see both sides of it.

I may try that next time I go. I'll hit the rail for a couple of dancers, tip them from the seat and see what happens after I go back to my table.

Take pity on me. My eyes aren't what they used to be.

I don't know about everyone else here but I will sit at the stage if I'm by myself or maybe at the bar if I'm thirsty, it depends on the mood I'm in. Would I pay anything for sitting right were the action is, probably not. If I was offered a little extra I might, and by a little extra I don't mean anything sexual. If I was offered a better show or a close up once in a while it might be worth it but very seldom happen.

Just saying...

I don't think you need a front row fee, I never sit in that row anyways, I avoid it. You get the same show if you sit one row back lol

The bars are struggling enough that this would be just another nail, maybe? Can't see it happening.

If I'm interested in a girl Ive gone up and put 5/10 bucks down. But I shouldn't be forced to.

I def would not sit there if there's a fee.

• Like 1

Where was this?

BareFax.

Now, the one who asked me for a tip has been one of my regulars, but was on the road for a month and came back very mercenary.

Like I said, it might be nothing. I just want to see if anyone else has noticed the same thing.

• Like 1

I have heard that it happens in the USA at a few of the places that friends have gone to. If you are watching the show you are paying for it. I don't think it was $5 a song, maybe only singles but still...

• Like 1

I have heard that it happens in the USA at a few of the places that friends have gone to. If you are watching the show you are paying for it. I don't think it was $5 a song, maybe only singles but still...

Yes , in the USA if you are sitting up at stage area it is mandatory to tip and yes it's usually singles if you like the girl you may put more then singles .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It may be a new thing, or it may not even be a thing at all. I experienced some interesting behaviour last Friday that got me thinking.

I was having a chat with one of my regular dancers and we were discussing the idea that if you're sitting in the front row, maybe you should be tipping each girl who comes up five dollars. That seems like a little and a lot all at the same time.

I thought we were just talking hypothetically until a little later when I jumped up front to say hello to someone else I know and she asked me from the stage if I had five dollars for her.

It might be a new and concerted effort to make more money. I'm not sure.

It would certainly keep guys from sitting there all night if there was a 'seat tax'. I'll admit that I've done it. I've sat up there for hours, just getting lost in the music, beer, and dancers.

The other side of it is that nobody is going to sit up there until they WANT to tip a girl. I don't know if that's any better.

Anyone else see this behaviour, or is it just me? I'm all for the girls making money, and I try to make sure that they do, but this just weakens the pot and might make me decide that I don't have enough to take someone upstairs at all.

I see both sides of it.

I may try that next time I go. I'll hit the rail for a couple of dancers, tip them from the seat and see what happens after I go back to my table.

Take pity on me. My eyes aren't what they used to be.

To be honest , it may be to the girls discretion. It's not club mandatory. And if the club starts charging for people to sit there, and tip every girl that goes on. We def will lose business, however for the lunch time crowd that comes in and eats the lunch buffet and sits at the stage then yes i would have that mandatory, we as girls already dislike that anyone sits at the front while they're eating theres nothing appetizing about someone eating while we're on stage performing. Esp girls with weaves in general they're hair tends to fall out and may land in the food. If that's your fetish then by all means. But in general I don't think a customer should be forced to pay a girl on stage. It is up to client preference on what her or she prefers in each girl. So in that being said , clubs will not make it mandatory because they will lose business and as a dying industry it won't be good for business. However if they do so at lunch then sure if your going to sit there and eat. Hope my thoughts about this helps. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong on speaking out.

• Like 5

To be honest , it may be to the girls discretion. It's not club mandatory. And if the club starts charging for people to sit there, and tip every girl that goes on. We def will lose business, however for the lunch time crowd that comes in and eats the lunch buffet and sits at the stage then yes i would have that mandatory, we as girls already dislike that anyone sits at the front while they're eating theres nothing appetizing about someone eating while we're on stage performing. Esp girls with weaves in general they're hair tends to fall out and may land in the food. If that's your fetish then by all means. But in general I don't think a customer should be forced to pay a girl on stage. It is up to client preference on what her or she prefers in each girl. So in that being said , clubs will not make it mandatory because they will lose business and as a dying industry it won't be good for business. However if they do so at lunch then sure if your going to sit there and eat. Hope my thoughts about this helps. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong on speaking out.

I'm always honest with my opinion and open to suggestions on suggesting things to management also. Feel free to private message me. I will be in for the next two weeks may take some time off due to some health issues I'm currently dealing with. And will be off for a month end of August to September and won't be posting in here for that time.

• Like 1

Correct you? You're exactly who I want to hear from!

My bad I originally posted replying to myself :

I'm always honest with my opinion and open to suggestions on suggesting things to management also. Feel free to private message me. I will be in for the next two weeks may take some time off due to some health issues I'm currently dealing with. And will be off for a month end of August to September and won't be posting in here for that time.

That's an odd development. After all of the discussion about how clubs ae losing business and closing, it's kind of funny to see yet something else that will lose them customers.

I'm probably one of them. My first inclination is to treat it like a dancer who overcharges by a dance...pay it, and then not return. After all, there are lots of great clubs around. Personally, I can't see this going very far though. My betting is it dies out very quickly, or was just a freelancing attempt by a couple of the ladies.

On the other hand, maybe I'll buy a bunch of peso notes worth about 25 cents, and start using them, lol.

In the States, the culture to tip dancers with a dollar is totally different, in a completely different atmosphere. I enjoy it there, but it won't work here.

TheDivaChannel917, very best of luck with your health issues, and if your time off in the fall is for a holiday, I hope you have a wonderful one!

• Like 2

I think you said it, a freelancing attempt by a couple of girls. If guys give them money good for them but I can't see guys sitting there if they're obligated to give money each and every time.

Don't see this being a thing.

• Like 2

That's an odd development. After all of the discussion about how clubs ae losing business and closing, it's kind of funny to see yet something else that will lose them customers.

I'm probably one of them. My first inclination is to treat it like a dancer who overcharges by a dance...pay it, and then not return. After all, there are lots of great clubs around. Personally, I can't see this going very far though. My betting is it dies out very quickly, or was just a freelancing attempt by a couple of the ladies.

On the other hand, maybe I'll buy a bunch of peso notes worth about 25 cents, and start using them, lol.

In the States, the culture to tip dancers with a dollar is totally different, in a completely different atmosphere. I enjoy it there, but it won't work here.

TheDivaChannel917, very best of luck with your health issues, and if your time off in the fall is for a holiday, I hope you have a wonderful one!

Thank you CarpeDiem . I am possibly going out of country overseas for a month.

I think you said it, a freelancing attempt by a couple of girls. If guys give them money good for them but I can't see guys sitting there if they're obligated to give money each and every time.

Don't see this being a thing.

It won't work and I don't think management will let it happen unless girls are doing it and management has no idea. I could see this happening because girls aren't making the same as they use to before.

• Like 1

I don't normally sit stage-side, and when I do it's because I like the dancer on stage and if possible want to steal her for a while since she's already revved up.

Given the sorry state of stage shows since at most ottawa clubs I am against a mandatory tip.

If everyone put on a show like Brooklyn (do we all remember her pole tricks with sparklers on her heels?), Maude, or Stella (all retired atm) and currently Rhapsody at the playmate who happens to be first time I've applauded a stage show in years, then yea, tip.

I'm all for tipping if there's effort put into a show beyond gyrating and twerking

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I don't normally sit stage-side, and when I do it's because I like the dancer on stage and if possible want to steal her for a while since she's already revved up.

Given the sorry state of stage shows since at most ottawa clubs I am against a mandatory tip.

If everyone put on a show like Brooklyn (do we all remember her pole tricks with sparklers on her heels?), Maude, or Stella (all retired atm) and currently Rhapsody at the playmate who happens to be first time I've applauded a stage show in years, then yea, tip.

I'm all for tipping if there's effort put into a show beyond gyrating and twerking

Some people don't realize that a stage show doesn't mean how good they are upstairs some girls are great on stage and their private shows aren't and so I've heard from clients. But to each his own I guess ! If you go to the USA clubs all they do is twerk on stage.

so dancers want to be banks ? .... charge me to spend my money !

but like everyone else , i choose my bank and which account i use .

if any clubs made this mandatory , it would most definitely lead to that club's demise . than you are left with fewer clubs for more dancers which would allow each club to be more " choosey " for which ladies they bring into dance . hence , putting more ladies out of work .

i truly do not believe this will happen , unless the ladies must share their tips with the club and that will not happen . they already pay fees to do a job . the club wants people in the seats spending on drinks and food .

so dancers want to be banks ? .... charge me to spend my money !

but like everyone else , i choose my bank and which account i use .

if any clubs made this mandatory , it would most definitely lead to that club's demise . than you are left with fewer clubs for more dancers which would allow each club to be more " choosey " for which ladies they bring into dance . hence , putting more ladies out of work .

i truly do not believe this will happen , unless the ladies must share their tips with the club and that will not happen . they already pay fees to do a job . the club wants people in the seats spending on drinks and food .

Believe me when I say this , if I was management I would prob kick girls out if they force this upon clients. And I'm sure mangers see the industry is dying down they see it more then the actual owners of the clubs. The stage fee will never happen I believe like you said it's like bank and you choose which one to use. Same goes for clients choosing girls to tip on stage or to speak with or to buy a drink for or to smile at and as well take them for dances.

Some people don't realize that a stage show doesn't mean how good they are upstairs some girls are great on stage and their private shows aren't and so I've heard from clients. But to each his own I guess ! If you go to the USA clubs all they do is twerk on stage.

Yeah I've had my fair share of great stages followed by not quite as exciting private dances. I get that a stage show does not equal back-room mileage. I do believe this post is about tipping for a stage show, though :)

• Like 1

Believe me when I say this , if I was management I would prob kick girls out if they force this upon clients. And I'm sure mangers see the industry is dying down they see it more then the actual owners of the clubs. The stage fee will never happen I believe like you said it's like bank and you choose which one to use. Same goes for clients choosing girls to tip on stage or to speak with or to buy a drink for or to smile at and as well take them for dances.

Yes but I'm sure most guys from my experience tip the girls on stage for which they want to take upstairs usually that's the ideas the dancer perceive from a client. Is when they tip us on stage they are interested in taking us for dances. But who am I really to say anything.. that's what I have perceived in the past and pretty much I've been right. Do no I don't think anyone should be forced to tip a girl if they are at front row

• Like 2

The idea of a front row fee (or rather a mandatory tip for the on-stage dancer) is not new. It has come up repeatedly over the years in discussions among dancers (sometimes mentioned to "special" customers).

But it is not in any way in the cards. To be mandatory, it would have to be imposed by management. And if it were, the owners would keep it as an additional revenue flow; and not pass it on to the dancers.

Although this idea is a nonstarter, it comes from a legitimate frustration. Unlike in the now acient history when most clubs paid the dancers at least a small amount to be on schedule, dancers now pay the club to work. As we all know, they make money only when customers pay for CR dances.

And many customers, both regular and occasional, have no intention of ever buying dances. So, to the dancers, they are just freeloaders who take in the free explicit show provided by an unpaid worker.Some of these customers may stay for several drinks (and thus contribute to the economic viability of the bar and the wealth of the owners) but there are others (some of whom are firmly planted in the front row for a couple of hours) who nurse one drink for the duration(and eat the free meal)

Another idea that comes up from time to time is to require customers to pay dancers who sit with them for their time. It too would never work, but comes from the frustration dancers feel when customers string them along, eating up their time, as though they will buy dances, and then don't come through.

Of course there are a few special customers, like kilt boy for whom the dancers line up, just to experience his positive view on life and on himself.

• Like 1

On the topic of tipping ladies with a particularly good stage, I absolutely tipped Wednesday at NuDen last week. Her acrobatics were incredible! I was completely amazed! If you get the chance to see her, I strongly recommend it. She was working on Thursday evening when I saw her.

• Like 1

Is her name Wednesday? Like Wednesday Addams? You saw Wednesday on Thurday? I'm getting all turned around.

• Like 3

God, I just reread my post, it's hilarious!

Yes, I saw a dancer whose name is Wednesday. I saw her on Thursday night.

I didn't see Seven six times.

Who's on first?

• Like 2