Total disrespect and lack of judgment

the rule of etiquette I have with one particular SP is to start a conversation with something innocuous like "Hi" and if I can respond for more information if the coast is clear. I do that in return for her because she is also living a double life. This particular lady, may go away for as many as 6 months between visits, so she lets me know when she's in town with a hi or a hey. She's in my phone book as what looks like a company acronym.

Who the hell goes to the bathroom without their phone these days?

In fact, what on earth did we do in bathrooms before we all had cellphones?

Tried to learn French from reading the back label on the Scope bottle, or was that just me?

• Like 1

Many of my good regulars have me in their phone as "Nick Mechanic" lol. I never text them out of the blue and some have told me I can text whenever but I don't feel fully comfortable with that. I have a select few I can count on my hand where texting is no problem at anytime and a few I've established a good rapport with them so we talk fairly often because I see them a lot.

I used to have a client from out of town I used to speak to on messenger and we would have a code where he start off with the first part of the name of his boat and I would finish the last part of the name of the boat. That way he would know it was me on the computer and not someone else at that time.

I think a discovered burner phone could be a much bigger problem than explaining an errant text message that was "obviously sent to the wrong number".

How does one go about getting a burner phone ? How much do they run ? And how do you keep from getting those bills to show up in the mail ?

Feel free to PM.

This is what I do for my personal discretion, I don't use my civy number for any hobby activities:

Go get a unlocked cell phone from any outlet in your city that sells them, i.e. Staples, look on kijiji, lots of places sell them. I had a old cell phone that was unlocked so I use that.

Go by a sim card at Petro-canada mobility, it costs $10. They come in std sim and nano-sim formats in the same package.

Fill it up with airtime and register it online. If you want to be extra careful, go buy a Visa gift card to pay for the airtime this way it can't be traced to your own credit card. I generally buy $25 worth of airtime and it is good for 120 days. There are other airtime options.

I recall seeing other threads about burner phone, I am sure there are other ways to do this. Just search "burner" on the main topics threads.

Cheers

How does one go about getting a burner phone ? How much do they run ? And how do you keep from getting those bills to show up in the mail ?

Feel free to PM.

• Like 3

UNTRACEABLE BURNER PHONES for calls and texts without the use of fake ID. For all of these purchases use cash or prepaid CC, even when purchasing a prepaid CC use cash.

1-Acquire an "unlocked" cell phone if you don't already have one (if you already have a cell phone but it is locked you can have them unlocked at numerous locations). You can purchase these anywhere like Staples, I think Wal-Mart even has them, it simply needs to be "unlocked". If you have a SO use cash or prepaid CC that was purchased with cash.

2-Now you need a SIM card. Personally, I recommend using cash or prepaid CC to purchase a Pay-As-You-GO SIM card at Staples or Petro Canada which are known to have these for about $10. Staples, Petro Canada or other such places are highly recommended (no trace when using cash or prepaid CC). Purchasing these online is not recommended.

3-Now you need airtime. If you went to Petro Canada to get your Pay-As-You-Go SIM card you can purchase top-up vouchers for airtime from this location, use cash or prepaid CC. Be sure to purchase airtime with the same company you will register your phone with or wait until you have registered your phone online then get a top up voucher, these can be purchased at numerous locations, use cash or prepaid CC.

4-Now you need to register your phone. Do this online using a prepaid CC as you will be asked for ID if registering your phone in person (so don't do this). Important: When registering online do this from or through an Internet Cafe wifi or something similar to this, not from home, use your cell phone or laptop from Internet Cafe wifi. Do not use your real name. When submitting an email address online at such a location like an Internet Cafe, or something similar, create a fake yet temporarily usable email account in order to be able to receive your access code then be sure to delete this fake email account afterwards.

Note for really concerned persons: If purchasing a phone is required know that most, if not all, Smart phones now come with GPS capabilities as older style phones, like flip-phones, do not. If one does not care about picture quality or emails I recommend an older type phone as they also tend to be less expensive. Also, be sure to purchase top-up vouchers from random different locations.

If you have followed these steps correctly you will now have a Burner phone that is next to impossible or extremely difficult to be traced back to you.

WIR

• Like 5

Guest MelanieRose

Yikes, I could see how this could potentially be an issue. I'm very thoughtful when it comes to this, some clients will text me at all random hours of the day, so that is different, but I always keep discretion at the forefront of my mind.

On the other end, when I am with my family and friends , I am unavailable and not texting my clients (as great as they are). My solution would be to use a texting app, I'm sure you can disable the sound so that if you're out somewhere and on wifi, it won't make a noise and disrupt your time with your wife/family etc.. so far the texting apps like TextNow for example has been my best bet, but DO keep in mind most providers won't answer text app numbers.

I bought a cheap phone at Telus and top it up once a month using a prepaid vanilla visa. Works just fine. When I am not available phone goes away. If you text me after the hours I have advertised, you don't get a text back. Easy. As a hobbiest , if you are that concerned, 25 bucks a month (or when you actually plan on using the phone) shouldn't be too bad if you require that much security. Not very hard to find a good hiding place (when it's turned off) I am sure :)

• Like 1

I have a Petro-Canada pay-as-you-go phone. I pay about $130/year. Mind you, I very rarely use it. It is mainly for urgent calls or texts to let people know if I am running late.

I bought a cheap phone at Telus and top it up once a month using a prepaid vanilla visa. Works just fine. When I am not available phone goes away. If you text me after the hours I have advertised' date=' you don't get a text back. Easy. As a hobbiest , if you are that concerned, 25 bucks a month (or when you actually plan on using the phone) shouldn't be too bad if you require that much security. Not very hard to find a good hiding place (when it's turned off) I am sure :)[/quote']

FYI and with all due respect: The purpose of my "Untraceable Burner phone" post above is for those wishing to remain completely discreet. A Pay-As-You-Go type phone does not mean complete discretion for even those who may use such a phone, and have also put it under a fake name, in recent years showing ID when activating any phone in person is required. In these cases any info such as name on ID can easily be obtained by LE with them simply reaching out to the phone company.

It is good practice by all to delete any and all Industry related texts at the end of every day or after every use, even Industry related emails that can be accessed if you use a smart phone, it takes 5 seconds.

WIR

A good tip for those who don't use two different phones, hide the message in your texts so when there is a notification that you have a new text all it says is "number - text message". That's what I do and this way no one is able to view the detailed message in my text if one does pop up while I'm busy with my family :)

• Like 1

On burner phones... it's a good idea to bear in mind what you need it for and who you need to keep it secret from.

I'm assuming that most people here are ordinary folks who just don't want to have very awkward conversations with family members. For that, you don't need to outwit absolutely everyone; as long as you can avoid an obvious paper-trail and keep the phone itself hidden, you should be OK... and paying cash for an unlocked phone, a SIM card and account top-ups should be enough. Hell, if you're buying from the likes of Petro-Canada or Staples, just buy some gas/office supplies at the same time and throw away the itemized receipt.

If you happen to be a high-level politician or government person who might be targeted by hostile intelligence agencies for blackmail, or a prolific criminal who may be the subject of police investigations... well, you'll have to work a little harder.

• Like 2

On 7/29/2017 at 4:06 PM, cumbychoice said:

Thanks to all for the advise. For now I will only deal with providers that accept blocked calls, and if they wont , move on to those that do, A hunting I will go

Sorry but how does that make any sense? Or maybe this person is just being silly out of frustration?

If someone is not concerned at all with the ppl she sees chances are there is a hint of desperation, prolly ready to take anything offered (so standards are not consistent), could have a look-out if something goes wrong that will not hesitate to use some force if client decides to only pay what they deem to be fair instead of what is owed.

Sometimes y'all take the position to swing in an extreme way to the other side of the scale and then sabotage connections and spread apathy and aloofness. Remember you are dealing with ppl  and not a big company. You are dealing with ppl and not manufactured products. You are dealing with ppl just as they are dealing with people in ways others in a service industry (even health care) don't have to deal with them.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 4:06 PM, cumbychoice said:

Thanks to all for the advise. For now I will only deal with providers that accept blocked calls, and if they wont , move on to those that do, A hunting I will go

I agree with TorontoMelanieJolliet.  By using this tactic, you're pretty much limiting yourself to the kind of ladies you would rather avoid. We're way passed the stone age of the industry when we were driving to specific pay phones to confirm meetings. It's so easy to create an email address to communicate with ladies or use websites like Lyla to exchange messages and know with who you're dealing with. You made the mistake of texting a complete stranger with your phone, learn from it. So much info is available online and here. Just use it.

On 8/8/2017 at 9:04 PM, Phaedrus said:

I'm assuming that most people here are ordinary folks who just don't want to have very awkward conversations with family members. For that, you don't need to outwit absolutely everyone; as long as you can avoid an obvious paper-trail and keep the phone itself hidden, you should be OK...

I can't figure out why people don't respect each others phones as a place you do not go. Like a woman's purse. It's private and when you allow 'I'm an open book' philosophy with anyone in your life then you will always be obligated to be an open book and the minute you close the book is when all the problems start. Most people work so hard to be trusted that they figure being an 'open-book' will make people  trust them, but it actually has an opposite effect and only creates a need to be accountable for everything you do and say in your life to the people who you want to trust you. When you want something to be private, like your bank card PIN, then any attempt to keep it private is seen as a reason to be suspect of the rest of your life. But I guess that's what people do...I just don't get it.

On 8/2/2017 at 9:13 PM, cumbychoice said:

More than likely, but 2 weeks later with an introduction like special $80 hh bbbj included. .I know her # and she better use better common sense

If involved in inquiry with someone who offers specials like this (and it always obvious before you start the inquiry) then what else can be expected? Like a "carnival barker" at a Fair, they will do what they can to bring attention to their attraction. They are the 'hustlers'

On 7/31/2017 at 10:30 PM, Phaedrus said:

Who the hell goes to the bathroom without their phone these days?

In fact, what on earth did we do in bathrooms before we all had cellphones?

We read Reader’s Digest

• Haha 1

On 8/4/2017 at 2:35 PM, WhereIRoam said:

UNTRACEABLE BURNER PHONES for calls and texts without the use of fake ID. For all of these purchases use cash or prepaid CC, even when purchasing a prepaid CC use cash.

1-Acquire an "unlocked" cell phone if you don't already have one (if you already have a cell phone but it is locked you can have them unlocked at numerous locations). You can purchase these anywhere like Staples, I think Wal-Mart even has them, it simply needs to be "unlocked". If you have a SO use cash or prepaid CC that was purchased with cash.

2-Now you need a SIM card. Personally, I recommend using cash or prepaid CC to purchase a Pay-As-You-GO SIM card at Staples or Petro Canada which are known to have these for about $10. Staples, Petro Canada or other such places are highly recommended (no trace when using cash or prepaid CC). Purchasing these online is not recommended.

3-Now you need airtime. If you went to Petro Canada to get your Pay-As-You-Go SIM card you can purchase top-up vouchers for airtime from this location, use cash or prepaid CC. Be sure to purchase airtime with the same company you will register your phone with or wait until you have registered your phone online then get a top up voucher, these can be purchased at numerous locations, use cash or prepaid CC.

4-Now you need to register your phone. Do this online using a prepaid CC as you will be asked for ID if registering your phone in person (so don't do this). Important: When registering online do this from or through an Internet Cafe wifi or something similar to this, not from home, use your cell phone or laptop from Internet Cafe wifi. Do not use your real name. When submitting an email address online at such a location like an Internet Cafe, or something similar, create a fake yet temporarily usable email account in order to be able to receive your access code then be sure to delete this fake email account afterwards.

Note for really concerned persons: If purchasing a phone is required know that most, if not all, Smart phones now come with GPS capabilities as older style phones, like flip-phones, do not. If one does not care about picture quality or emails I recommend an older type phone as they also tend to be less expensive. Also, be sure to purchase top-up vouchers from random different locations.

If you have followed these steps correctly you will now have a Burner phone that is next to impossible or extremely difficult to be traced back to you.

WIR

Just a couple of points to add here... I may be wrong, but I don’t think you need a prepaid credit card to register your phone online. I think that’s free - all you need is a name, email address and your phone number. Some will actually send your temporary passcode straight to your phone via text message after you have successfully registered. Also, you make a point about going to random spots to purchase top ups in person - To avoid this hassle, you can also purchase a prepaid card, and then top up your minutes online from the comfort of your home. 

On 8/2/2017 at 11:36 PM, WhereIRoam said:

After news was released this week of the recent assault and robbery case in Ottawa where a SP called in a male friend who committed the acts, maybe considering a Burner phone is a good option for those who don't already use one. Text apps can be traced if you know how. She has turned herself in.

What is stopping LE from going through her phone to view text history of other potential clients. Just a thought.

WIR

I’ve had the same thought with regard to outcalls, as you have to give out your address. 

5 minutes ago, drlove said:

Just a couple of points to add here... I may be wrong, but I don’t think you need a prepaid credit card to register your phone online. I think that’s free - all you need is a name, email address and your phone number. Some will actually send your temporary passcode straight to your phone via text message after you have successfully registered. Also, you make point about going to random spots to purchase top ups in person - To avoid this hassle, you can also purchase a prepaid card, and then top up your minutes online from the comfort of your home. 

That or just skip this and do most of the communications by email and confirm the deal the old fashion way from a payphone.

10 minutes ago, Greenteal said:

That or just skip this and do most of the communications by email and confirm the deal the old fashion way from a payphone.

I thought of that, but not sure how secure e-mail actually is. Just the other day, I read an article about Google supposedly “reading” people’s emails. Now, some suggest getting an encrypted email account - however, what if you have encrypted e-mail but the lady doesn’t? The communication flows through to her end, so you may not be any better off. I agree with you regarding the phone call aspect; These days though, it seems texting is the method of choice, with a lot of ladies specifying “text only” in their ads.

1 minute ago, drlove said:

I thought of that, but not sure how secure e-mail actually is. Just the other day, I read an article about Google supposedly “reading” people’s emails. Now, some suggest getting an encrypted email account - however, what if you have encrypted e-mail but the lady doesn’t? The communication flows through to her end, so you may not be any better off. I agree with you regarding the phone call aspect; These days though, it seems texting is the method of choice, with a lot of ladies specifying “text only” in their ads.

I try to stay away from the "tinfoil hat" stories in the hope informations collected(if any) are used more to stop terror attacks than prevent two human beings from doing stuff in private. As for the "text only", I normally stay clear of those and rather ear a female voice on the phone.

I use Twitter to DM ladies I'm interested in meeting / chatting with.  It works for me, and since Twitter is free, the cost is zero.