Total disrespect and lack of judgment

On 9/23/2018 at 11:56 AM, Greenteal said:

That or just skip this and do most of the communications by email and confirm the deal the old fashion way from a payphone.

I can't recall the last time I saw a payphone.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WhereIRoam said:

I can't recall the last time I saw a payphone.

I suppose it depends where you live. I live close to downtown Ottawa and there at least thee of those less than a kilometer from my place. Also, most gas stations and shopping centers still got pay phones. Even if a bit irrelevant in the age of mobile communications, those are still around.

On 9/23/2018 at 7:13 PM, Greenteal said:

I try to stay away from the "tinfoil hat" stories in the hope informations collected(if any) are used more to stop terror attacks than prevent two human beings from doing stuff in private.

As far as I'm concerned... it's not governments I'm worried about - it's the relentless hoovering up of everything that Google, Facebook etc do all the time. This is how you end up with providers' real-life FB profiles in your 'suggested friends' list.

3 minutes ago, Phaedrus said:

As far as I'm concerned... it's not governments I'm worried about - it's the relentless hoovering up of everything that Google, Facebook etc do all the time. This is how you end up with providers' real-life FB profiles in your 'suggested friends' list.

Nothing in life is really free. When using "free" online communication services , you got to expect a few drawbacks in term of intrusive ads, surveys and unwanted friends. Something to remind ourselves when using those to avoid sharing more than we should.

Both sides have to be careful nowadays. My phone likes to often sync with Apple CarPlay and I’ve had to stop enabling it because if other people are in my car, a text message from a regular could pop up on the screen.

When I first got the car a few months ago, the sales rep at the dealership was showing me how to use all the functions in the car and he asked me to sync my phone. No way was I pulling out my workphone so he could see something like “Timewaster Do Not Book”. So instead I pulled out my other iPhone which is strictly for personal use and when I travel. 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2018 at 12:47 AM, Greenteal said:

Nothing in life is really free. When using "free" online communication services , you got to expect a few drawbacks in term of intrusive ads, surveys and unwanted friends. Something to remind ourselves when using those to avoid sharing more than we should.

True. The problem is that most people don't understand the price they're paying for "free" stuff.

16 hours ago, Phaedrus said:

True. The problem is that most people don't understand the price they're paying for "free" stuff.

Those "Terms of service" conditions are sometimes good to read.

Reading through all these comments especially with phone being connected in my car to the display and having soliciting messages come through.... I will be purchasing a side phone for the purpose of discretion haha

On 9/30/2018 at 12:16 PM, HenryOcean said:

Reading through all these comments especially with phone being connected in my car to the display and having soliciting messages come through.... I will be purchasing a side phone for the purpose of discretion haha

Haha there is nothing like seeing “Rude Asshole” pop up on the screen when with a friend or even when by myself. Then I realize I didn’t block this invidual but should have. I never enable my work phone to blue tooth anymore. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1