Is it normal for a Service Provider to want a full etransfer before she will book an appointment? I feel like it might be a scam. Just looking to get some input. Thanks!

I would never send an e-transfer to someone I don't consider a regular... I have done it in the past if I was trying to set up an appointment more that a week away but that's only with someone that if have seen for years and who has over a decade of great reviews on another forum

I have been asked for advance etransfer by a couple of "SP" in Fton area. Typically their safety bs reason why they want the advance. Typically the ad feature a young and attractive babe. I guess too good to be true apply to these cases.

No it's not normal to require an e-transfer before you know each other. It's a con game. You might as well send your money to a Nigerian widow who requires a small amount of money from you to help transfer her deceased husband's large financial estate haha

Having said that I have used e-transfer several times with women I know very well. In these cases, as with any other e-transfer, I'm dealing with someone I know and trust and we both appreciate the convenience.

I am simply amazed that no one realizes that an etransfer can only work when the recipient of said transfer is in receipt of a password. That password can be provided on arrival at the encounter. The etransfer offers up an assurance and upon arrival can be easily downloaded once the password is provided, or it can be deleted should it be a necessity. No personal info is exchange in either case. If you are being asked to provide the password prior to the encounter, then yes, be weary.

• Like 4

No personal info is exchange in either case.

Do etransfers not show who the etransfer is from? I have received these and it shows who the etransfer is from. So this brings up confidentiality and paper trail issues for me.

WIR

WIR .... It shows the email address sent from and with the ease of creating an email address, it can be as anonymous as you like. No real name and no banking info is passed on. If I create an email such as [email protected], go to my internet banking and send a transfer using that email as opposed to my personal email...voila! I deal with TD and they give you the option to send using any email address even if just a temporary setting on you account Cheers!

• Like 1

The password being requested instantly is all I have experienced here in NB maybe others have had better luck.. I don't have an issue with it if I have met them before and trust the person.

The only time I have ever asked for a etransfer was for long engagements such as 3-4 hours or over nights. And that is only half rate. If I cancel within 24 hour before it is returned. If you cancel within 24 hours I will keep the deposit as I have already cleared and canceled other plans that may equal or more than what you have sent.

In the case of long engagements, password is given at the 24 hour period confirmation. And reat can be paid in cash.

As Meg said, if full amount or password demanded straight up I would be weary.

Signs it's a scam:

No one has met her or reviewed her

Has ads in multiple cities at the same time

Wants the full amount upfront

The pictures come back with multiple hits around the world.

Legitimate providers do ask for deposits via etransfer for appointments from clients that either:

Do not have a reference

Want multiple hour appointments if she has not met him previously

Want to see her outside her area she is in; I. E. She must travel to see him at his location.

If they cancel last minute after the appointment has been confirmed. Especially if they have cancelled previously.

The scams go both ways. I once had someone travelling from California who insisted on sending me a cheque prior to our meeting. I didn't need a deposit to see him and knew it was a scam. Another time was someone who wanted to etransfer the amount up front as he couldn't get to an atm. However he was having technical difficulties and if I "wanted to just come hang out" I could.

I used to suck at screening and went on a couple of wild goose hunt for a place that didn't exist or the person at the residence was a little old lady.

I ask for etransfer deposits of a partial amount if travelling outside my primary location or for those that insist on an overnight when they have never met me, or those that cancel last minute after our appointment has been confirmed. It weeds out those that have no intention of actually booking. However, never the whole amount up front. Except if they cancel at the last minute, especially if they have done this before.

Guys out west are used to paying for their appointment via etransfer. It saves them from carrying cash. However, the password is given once she arrives, never before.

For gawds sake, never use someone else's computer to access your bank account. That's just common sense.

• Like 3

I deal with TD and they give you the option to send using any email address even if just a temporary setting on you account Cheers!

That's great (with TD) but certainly one bank I have used for this purpose (RBC) doesn't ask for this information (or allow you to supply it) when doing an e-transfer and they send a lot of detail even my "legal name" (e.g. not the similar name I would generally go by). While TD maybe somewhat anonymous enough for the purpose right now' date=' I suppose it is subject to change at any time without notice.

I prefer to pay in full and have the transaction completed ahead of time when visiting [b']someone I know and trust[/b], it's just one less thing to worry about and I have no issue with them knowing my legal name as I don't see any benefit in playing secret agent. If you do use e-transfer you should send the password by a different method (not email) as any random stranger with both the email and the password can deposit the transaction into any account and it would be difficult to reverse.

Of course paying a stranger is very likely a good way for them to remain a stranger and never meet them :)

• Like 3

To hub dude...that will go down as an urban myth. The password can only be used for the actual etransfer and no one can hack into your account unless they have super mad skills. It's a one time thing.

Additional Comments:

And yes back....I understand that not all financial institutions operate the same way. Personally I do not not accept etransfer unless I know the person. Too many headaches lol

• Like 2

To hub dude...that will go down as an urban myth. The password can only be used for the actual etransfer and no one can hack into your account unless they have super mad skills. It's a one time thing.

That's not what I meant Meg. If the email account is already compromised and you send an e-transfer and also email the password then both component parts are known and the transfer can be deposited into any account (not necessarily the one it was intended for).

How could the account already be compromised? Well I have seen a lady log into her email and although I didn't choose to make note of her password (as I would never do something like that) I very easily could have. On another occasion a lady asked to use my computer which could have logged her keystrokes for later review even if I wasn't looking. We have seen the occasional reports (even here) that a lady's email account was compromised, make no matter how, it happens.

Oh no......you never email the password!!!!!!! Ever!!!!!! She must use her own device and login in when receiving it in person or via telephone conversation.

• Like 1

Additional Comments:

And yes back....I understand that not all financial institutions operate the same way. Personally I do not not accept etransfer unless I know the person. Too many headaches lol

Yes Many here seem to make "Urban Myths" and agree this is for sure an urban myth!

• Like 2

I am simply amazed that no one realizes that an etransfer can only work when the recipient of said transfer is in receipt of a password. That password can be provided on arrival at the encounter. The etransfer offers up an assurance and upon arrival can be easily downloaded once the password is provided' date=' or it can be deleted should it be a necessity. No personal info is exchange in either case. If you are being asked to provide the password prior to the encounter, then yes, be weary.[/quote']

Everyone realizes you need a password. These people doing the scams WANTS that too when you send it. And wants it up front. Not when you get there

Everyone realizes you need a password. These people doing the scams WANTS that too when you send it. And wants it up front. Not when you get there

Then just don't do it! That takes care of the scam! We all have free will and in my opinion it's not a real problem. If they insist on a password upfront, move on! Cheers and I hope everyone enjoys this beautiful day!

• Like 1