Guest riv***at***8

Great to hear you are not only coming to Kingston, but also thinking about dancing for the masses that might not be able to meet you privately.

Concerning Shaker`s though, it used to be sketchy, but a new owner has been trying to make it a bit more respectable. I`m pretty sure a lady such as yourself, could do a lot for the place. It would be nice to have a respectable `Lounge`in Kingston to go with the guys.

As a dancer and feauture dancer for over 5 years I'd say don't waist your time hun...It's a dump. When I worked there ( I did'nt know better back then) I was thrown to the ground and had a gun put to my head when it was raided for drugs!

They are trying to turn the place around, however from what I understand it is also currently in the midst of an battle over ownership, as the group who where once partners in the joint have turned against one another. Bills are piling up and some staff arent being paid. Between that and the insight Rachelle has provided I'd stay clear of the place and avoid the drama!

Edited by Cowboy kenny

I'd just like to provide a different point of view. I've been there about a half dozen times over yhe last 5 years. While it's not an "upscale" sc, I've always found the place to be clean, with a relaxed atmosphere. There's a range of girls, to suit everyones taste and usually 1 or 2 knockouts.

The dancers have always been friendly, and low pressure (not the relentless "vannadance" that you get in many of the gta clubs)

it is as far as I'm aware a "low mileage" club. The VIP is small and not very private.

Overall not a bad place to chill out with a beer and some nice naked girls. I don't doubt it has some faults, and I'm vaguely aware of some of the recent issues with the change in management, but it's certainly not the worst place from my point of view.

Posted via Mobile Device

Another thing to keep in mind is you now need a license to dance there..it's at least a 100$...and you would have to be here during the week to get it from the court house. No license no dancing.

I have been there many times over the years... has always pretty much been a dump, would love to go elsewhere but Kingston sucks and its the only strip club in town. Last time I was there, about a month ago I have to admit it did seem nicer, and there were more bouncers then usual. So, I dunno, maybe its cleaning up a bit.

Huh, well thats news to me... I was there about 3 weeks, maybe a month ago. I hope its not closed as that would leave me no strippers at all :(

Dumb question, as an ex-Kingstonian, is Shakers on Montreal Street, close to Princess (actually just down from the armouries)

Wondering, because back in my youth, it was the Plaza

But I did my wandering at the Manor...yikes, almost got caught by the cops for drinking underage there too...but thats another story

RG

Dumb question, as an ex-Kingstonian, is Shakers on Montreal Street, close to Princess (actually just down from the armouries)

Wondering, because back in my youth, it was the Plaza

But I did my wandering at the Manor...yikes, almost got caught by the cops for drinking underage there too...but thats another story

RG

Yup, shakers and the plaza are one in the same. The manor was often more full of under age drinkers than legal age drinkers! :)

Yup, shakers and the plaza are one in the same. The manor was often more full of under age drinkers than legal age drinkers! :)

And the Kingston Police Morality Squad...close call, scared the sh*t out of me...but hey, I was just a wet behind the ears underage kid back then

RG

Ah yes....the old Lakeview Manor! Man, how I miss that place! That`s were I got my `real` education back in my collage days! lol The girls, the bands....lots of great memories....

I called again yesterday and spoke with a much nicer woman. She told me that Shaker's is still open. The hours are 2pm-2am and you need a license to dance.

I was too booked up with massage to consider dancing on this trip, but I will consider a longer trip next time.

I think the last call I made was a miscommunication. She told me "Shaker's is closed" and I thought she meant permanently. I called around 1pm so I think she may have just meant they were closed at that time.

I may go check it out tonight.......

Guest sl*nt*ds*x

I don't care what they call the place... I'll always refer to it as the plazoo... always have a good time there whether alone or with friends. When Robyn was bartending I could go months before showing up again and she would remember me and what I drank. Some of the ladies there need more personality... but there have been a few diamonds in the rough. Have fun

Guest f***ny****o***

I was in the Plaza once just before Christmas. It seemed alright to me, it was early afternoon and not a lot of traffic however the 3 ladies that were on all seemed pleasant enough. The private dance rooms are a quite open which helps them to easily control the no touching rule. Overall I didn't mind the place at all. I'm sure later in the evening when it's busier and there are a few more ladies on it would be an ok spot to relax.

Guest B**z

I agree, the place has been cleaned up big time, it looks amazing and the staff are friendly and happy, The Plaza looks like a great place to relax and enjoy some fine ladies. It was my first time there in over 5 years and trust me it is not the same old Plaza..Check it out, huge improvements, I will be back, hopefully next time Jazy will be there :)

Yes I remember the Plaza as the only place to be if visting Kingston. Yes it is not a Pigales or Barb's but it is the best (as far as I know) for Kingston. I first went there in the early 1990's.

Edited by Reddog01
Tone.

I stop by here about 3-4 times a year. Last was a couple weeks ago ( caught jazy's last couple songs - she is awesome!).

In contrast to the others, i notice little difference. Some minor cosmetic changes/ improvements. Staff were cool (usually were) and girls ok. Seemed to be more "bouncer presence" which gives an uptight vibe to me, but whatever.

Still a good place to grab a beer and see some naked girls. Nothing more, nothing less.

Posted via Mobile Device