"No black gent" ?

Good for you. With the abondance of businessmen and diplomats travelling in the Ottawa region, I suppose it help to keep the "pool" full. For myself, I'm open to all ethnicities as long hygiene, honesty and sobriety are part of their culture.

Actually, I have the almost same client base that I started with 13 years ago except for a couple I added in 2008. I've only done 3 brief ad campaigns in 13 years, my client retention percentages are exceedingly high for those gentlemen I value. I also welcome all ethnicities who are respectful but I don't see why it's anyones business what a provider chooses to post in her ads. Sharing the most intimate aspects of yourself is difficult enough, no where is it written we have to take on all comers.;) It should be considered a bonus to know up front so gentlemen can avoid difficult situations and until you've been in her situation you cannot presume to know or to judge her motivations...

smiles, cat

I disagree with you Gregsand.

The only thing you mentioned that doesn't last is youth. IMO, youth is wasted on the young.

Beauty and wealth can last a lifetime, depending on what one deems to be beauty. I have seen many older women, even some of my parent's female friends, who I think are beautiful and would make me feel lucky if they were my SO at that age. Health is not always in our control but some leave this world when over 100 years old and lived a fully healthy life. Death comes to us all.

Unjustified? Who are we to judge what is unjustified for a Provider to not accept certain clients?

We don't truly know SPs, some may think they do but what we really know is what they let us know. What may be judged as unjustified by some is obviously justifiable enough for a Provider to decide they do not wish to see certain potential clients. Why is this so difficult for some to comprehend? It's their business. They have every right to decide who they choose to have as clients. We need to respect that, at least I do.

Not everyone age the same way. Some still look very good in their late 40's early 50's, but it's far from the norm. As for my definition of "unjustified", it's when someone relies on myths and prejudices and not on facts. In this and other related threads I seen plenty of justified reasons for the discrimination, but not everyone are that clear on their personal reasons. Doesn't really matter to me, they're simply hurting themselves.

Not everyone age the same way. Some still look very good in their late 40's early 50's, but it's far from the norm. As for my definition of "unjustified", it's when someone relies on myths and prejudices and not on facts. In this and other related threads I seen plenty of justified reasons for the discrimination, but not everyone are that clear on their personal reasons. Doesn't really matter to me, they're simply hurting themselves.

They aren't hurting themselves, they are making a well considered, thought out decision for their business. I find it amusing that you think you know our industry better than those that pay their bills here. A couple of things; first, the potential pool of black clients in Canada is relatively small. Second, a well marketed provider has more than enough clients to choose from. Third, you don't know that it's racially motivated. Most of the time, it's because she's involved with a black man and doesn't want his friends showing up at her door. Most of the time, the ladies involved are far from racist. You've decided that it's going to hurt her business but mature clients realize how multifaceted this industry truly is and are more than willing to see someone in spite of a disclaimer on her advertising and discover for themselves if she is a worthy provider for them. You're logic doesn't follow thru here because it's righteous, not factually based and I understand that so I'm trying to explain that it's a quick judgement and not one based on genuine understanding of the industry. If you understood the dynamics, you wouldn't have asked. The fact you're resisting the answers speaks for itself...

smiles, cat

Actually, I have the almost same client base that I started with 13 years ago except for a couple I added in 2008. I've only done 3 brief ad campaigns in 13 years, my client retention percentages are exceedingly high for those gentlemen I value. I also welcome all ethnicities who are respectful but I don't see why it's anyones business what a provider chooses to post in her ads. Sharing the most intimate aspects of yourself is difficult enough, no where is it written we have to take on all comers.;) It should be considered a bonus to know up front so gentlemen can avoid difficult situations and until you've been in her situation you cannot presume to know or to judge her motivations...

smiles, cat

Don't get me wrong, I fully agree with you. But as we can often read on this board, some SP and MA are not doing as good. And after making bad judgement calls, some got to play catch up and try to capitalize on 10, 15 and even 20 yo pictures and attempt to profit from their former selves. Even if this forum focuses on the positive sides, some things can't be hidden.

Don't get me wrong, I fully agree with you. But as we can often read on this board, some SP and MA are not doing as good. And after making bad judgement calls, some got to play catch up and try to capitalize on 10, 15 and even 20 yo pictures and attempt to profit from their former selves. Even if this forum focuses on the positive sides, some things can't be hidden.

And what does that have to do with racism? I don't understand. My reply was simply to answer a prior post of yours. If I didn't know better, given this and your other ageist posts, I'd say that ageism is coming into play. Isn't that just another form of prejudice, like racism? I don't see you calling out providers who have age restrictions. Perhaps it's because you understand and empathize with those prejudices...

smiles, cat

They aren't hurting themselves, they are making a well considered, thought out decision for their business. I find it amusing that you think you know our industry better than those that pay their bills here. A couple of things; first, the potential pool of black clients in Canada is relatively small. Second, a well marketed provider has more than enough clients to choose from. Third, you don't know that it's racially motivated. Most of the time, it's because she's involved with a black man and doesn't want his friends showing up at her door. Most of the time, the ladies involved are far from racist. You've decided that it's going to hurt her business but mature clients realize how multifaceted this industry truly is and are more than willing to see someone in spite of a disclaimer on her advertising and discover for themselves if she is a worthy provider for them. You're logic doesn't follow thru here because it's righteous, not factually based and I understand that so I'm trying to explain that it's a quick judgement and not one based on genuine understanding of the industry. If you understood the dynamics, you wouldn't have asked. The fact you're resisting the answers speaks for itself...

smiles, cat

Again , I fully agree with you and all reasons you mention are valid. But not all providers are "well marketed". Not always their fault as some sadly rely on procurers who use the lazy/deceptive way to promote them. I'm not pretending to know everything about this industry, but I understand enough of the inner workings to see the difference between someone who can do well and those who won't.

Additional Comments:

And what does that have to do with racism? I don't understand. My reply was simply to answer a prior post of yours. If I didn't know better, given this and your other ageist posts, I'd say that ageism is coming into play. Isn't that just another form of prejudice, like racism? I don't see you calling out providers who have age restrictions. Perhaps it's because you understand and empathize with those prejudices...

smiles, cat

Not everything as to do with racism. Like you said yourself, the black client pool in the region is not that big.

My point was simply that youth, beauty, wealth and health doesn't last forever. Obviously this doesn't apply to young women who do this temporarily to pay their student loan. But for those who make a career out of it and build a nice little retirement fund, every dollars should count. Unjustified racist prejudices will cost them in the long run.

You would be surprised. I know many ladies particularly more mature ones who don't advertise and some other women might want to string them up if they knew how much they made all because they cultivated regular clients and actually kept them without even having to advertise. They pick and choose who they want to see. Myself, I don't see men under 30 because I'm not comfortable with that age group. I have never had to change this decision because the phone wasn't ringing.

Your views regarding the industry are skewed on this subject. In fact, I am someone who defies that. I am not 20 years old, I am not model slim but I consider myself attractive with a personality and very skilled. I have many repeat clients. There are plenty of men out there who view women in this business differently and age or lost youth has nothing to do with it. Nor does having to do things we don't want to because the "client pool" is drying up. Not everyone wants a 20 year old.

Yes, there is a difference between women who don't market themselves well

and those who brand themselves but if they have certain convictions they stand by, the amount of money they make or not make doesn't really come into play where choices are concerned.

I don't accept blocked calls/texting apps when I advertise as many other women don't either. Sometimes I will find other ways to screen them via reference etc but I stick to what I feel comfortable with. I realize I'm probably losing out on some good clients but my safety comes first. Money isn't the first priority and I don't feel I'm missing anything. I prefer quality and not some Joe Blow who may or may not have an agenda. I cultivate one client at a time and not thinking of getting fast cash in the moment.

Not everyone is comfortable with certain ethnic groups. Just as some men don't like bigger women or vice versa, young or mature. It could be a cultural difference and that's their prerogative just as it is with clients who have specific preferences. I could whine about how some men don't like me because I'm full figured but then I'd be wasting my time focusing on the negative. Instead I focus on men who prefer my body type.

• Like 4

You would be surprised. I know many ladies particularly more mature ones who don't advertise and some other women might want to string them up if they knew how much they made all because they cultivated regular clients and actually kept them without even having to advertise. They pick and choose who they want to see. Myself, I don't see men under 30 because I'm not comfortable with that age group. I have never had to change this decision because the phone wasn't ringing.

Your views regarding the industry are skewed on this subject. In fact, I am someone who defies that. I am not 20 years old, I am not model slim but I consider myself attractive with a personality and very skilled. I have many repeat clients. There are plenty of men out there who view women in this business differently and age or lost youth has nothing to do with it. Nor does having to do things we don't want to because the "client pool" is drying up. Not everyone wants a 20 year old.

Yes, there is a difference between women who don't market themselves well

and those who brand themselves but if they have certain convictions they stand by, the amount of money they make or not make doesn't really come into play where choices are concerned.

I don't accept blocked calls/texting apps when I advertise as many other women don't either. Sometimes I will find other ways to screen them via reference etc but I stick to what I feel comfortable with. I realize I'm probably losing out on some good clients but my safety comes first. Money isn't the first priority and I don't feel I'm missing anything. I prefer quality and not some Joe Blow who may or may not have an agenda. I cultivate one client at a time and not thinking of getting fast cash in the moment.

Not everyone is comfortable with certain ethnic groups. Just as some men don't like bigger women or vice versa, young or mature. It could be a cultural difference and that's their prerogative just as it is with clients who have specific preferences. I could whine about how some men don't like me because I'm full figured but then I'd be wasting my time focusing on the negative. Instead I focus on men who prefer my body type.

Again, I agree. The purpose of the thread was simply to know the reasons behind the "No black gents" and not to make judgement. But when I read some ads with more restrictions than actual details about the service and ladies, I lose interest in all the negativity. But again if a provider finds enough regulars to make ends meet, good for her. I was simply curious about the question and already received more than enough answers. It's not even a serious pet-peeve for me. I got more problems with SP's using dating websites to advertise than their racial profiling.

But that could be a topic for another thread. Thank you and Take care.

Have you noticed more than 50% of the women who say no black gents are ebony women. This may due to they may have a big family and are afraid of meeting relatives.

Have you noticed more than 50% of the women who say no black gents are ebony women. This may due to they may have a big family and are afraid of meeting relatives.

Yes, you're not the first to raise that argument. Thank you.

Every lady that post the 'No Black Men' or 'No AA Men' may not do so for the same reason. I asked some of the providers I know in the States and I got different answers ranging from 'pushy' to 'pimps on the prowl'. One Latino provider told me that some of them turn into uncontrollable beasts once the hormones get flowing.

Racism? Not sure about that either because some AA providers don't want to have anything to do with AA clients.

I know another US provider that's Russian by birth and wants nothing to do with Latinos, justifying herself by many low-balling experiences and bargaining the agreed upon price.

There may be many reasons, to each her own, I figure.

• Like 1