Best VPN?

This kind of reminds me the explosion of firewall software from the late 90's. The vast majority were garbage, capitalized on fear and quite often created more problems than actual good.

Not saying VPN services are equally as bad, but the aggressive ad campaigns likely sold those to users who don't actually need this.

Will also be interesting to see how the decline of Netflix will affect the future of those services.

18 minutes ago, clearbluesky15 said:

Similarly as we continue to see companies and vendors continue to innovate in how they monetize and distribute our private information, things like VPNs are a useful tool.

At best, VPN services only slow the spread. Information shared with online services, businesses and social media will always be vulnerable.

Edited by Guest

Just bumped into this thread and figured I would add my 2 cents. I would highly recommend using MullVad. They offer 100% anonymity including cash payments. Even FireFox's VPN offering using them as backbone.

On 10/2/2022 at 7:01 PM, thor13 said:

Just bumped into this thread and figured I would add my 2 cents. I would highly recommend using MullVad. They offer 100% anonymity including cash payments. Even FireFox's VPN offering using them as backbone.

A pile of us were sharing a PIA account, but decided to switch and go with Mullvad, too. I'm impressed with it.