What are you watching on Netflix these days?

8 hours ago, lydiahardwood said:

It's kinda ludicrous that this is on the History Channel! Thanks for sharing GT, I'm gonna have to add this to my list of things to watch for a laugh. 🙂

I think the same can be said about all pseudo-documentaries about ghosts, bigfoots and other mythical creatures.

Unless there's enough genuine content included, the joke tends to get old quite quickly.

I saw a fun little series of movies on Youtube. These were light humour called The Booze Cruise I , II and III

• Like 1

For those who like to fly two movies you might want to watch

Flight Starring Denzel Washington

Non Stop Starring Liam Neeson

If that makes you want to take the train you might want to watch

The Commuter Starring Liam Neeson

So if you decide to drive you might want to watch

Death Race Starring Jason Statham (hint there are no rules of the road here LOL)

RG

• Like 1

The Capture on Amazon Prime.  British mini-series, similar to Netflix's The Bodyguard, but instead of Richard Madden as eye candy for most women and some men, The Capture has the oh so hot and cerebral Holliday Granger.

After that, I re-watched on Netflix the fourth season of The Peaky Blinders.  Nobody fucks with the Peaky fucking Blinders.

I just binged "Upload" on Amazon Prime.

It was much better than I expected.   If you've watched "The Good Place" it's in that same vein, but with a tech twist.

Very well written and with both enough comedy and enough actual story that instead of checking it out this morning I watched all 10 episodes. 

• Like 1

Guest lydiahardwood

Has anyone started watching Hollywood on Netflix? Started last night and omg, my mind is blown. Without giving too much away, it's pretty relevant to the industry too, but in a way you wouldn't expect 🙂

Guest ModCat

La casa de papel, or money heist in English, just dropped season 4 on Netflix that was great.

Outlander is one of my faves only a few more episodes left or that, depending where you are you can get it on Netflix/amzon prime

Have watched so much TV at the moment but nothing I would highly rate, just watching something for the sake of it, or just to have on as background noise.

I've seen Hollywood on Netflix.  Good Show, Actually Very Good But All I'll say is I'll pump my own gas Thank You Very Much LOL

Couple Movies-

Gravity

The Interpreter

Red Sparrow

The Big Lebowski

Waco

And Right Now Just Started  Watching Reckoning

RG

• Like 2

On amazon Prime I'm watching "Sneaky Pete" I can't believe the luck this guy has even though is not lucky to get in some situation he always manage to get out of it.  I'm still on season 1 and season 3 just started so I need to catch up.

• Like 1

I know Lyla's mantra is "If You Don't Have Anything Nice To Say Don't Say Anything At All" but on Netflix the movie King Of New York is playing and well lets just say it's an hour forty three minutes of my life I won't get back

I'm sorry Mods for posting a negative review, but sometimes they are earned LOL

Just think I could have done more pleasant things...like change Beatrix's litter

I can not overstate this...don't watch it

JMO of course

PS Please don't ban me LOL

RG

• Haha 2

I know in my previous post I mentioned I could have done more pleasant things like change Beatrix's litter 🤢  well today I remembered saying that, and didn't pass on the opportunity to do that pleasant thing (Beatrix was also pleased LOL) and now I'm watching an oldie..."Tremors" a comedy/horror cult classic

I know TMI LOL

RG

Are there any aliens/space type shows going on? I think the closest to that sounds like The Expanse, but I wasn't sure.

Ahh how I miss Battlestar Galactica! (the remake)

45 minutes ago, Mod_Ad said:

Are there any aliens/space type shows going on? I think the closest to that sounds like The Expanse, but I wasn't sure.

Ahh how I miss Battlestar Galactica! (the remake)

A few shows and movies on Netflix (neither recommending or reviewing LOL) just reporting what I found available

Star Trek, Star Trek TNG, Star Trek Voyager, Star Trek DS9 Star Trek Beyond, Star Trek Enterprise   Another Life, Lost In Space, Solo Star Wars, For The Love Of Spock, Altered Carbon,

The Fifth Element, Salvation, Gravity, Ancient Aliens, 3022, Extinction,

Close Encounters Of The Third Kind, 

Stumbled across a few ...oldies but worth a watch, depending on your tastes

"eye see you" starring Sylvester Stallone 

"Once Upon A Time In Mexico" starring Antonio Banderas and Salma Hayek

"Snitch" starring Dwayne The Rock Johnson

If you like Charlie Chaplin there's Modern Times,  The Great Dictator, and City Lights

CBC TV Series "Murdoch Mysteries...wasn't sure I'd like it but I'm at Season 1 Episode 7 (just started last night)

RG

Murdoch Mysteries, highly recommend this gem of Canadian content.  

Lots of historical "cameos", first episode we meet Nikola Tesla.. amazing!

• Like 1

I see they have a "Snowpiercer" series on now. I haven't watched but thought the original movie was fantastic.

If it's still on there, Kodachrome is an excellent watch with Ed Harris.

If into boxing, Cinderella Man with Russell Crowe is very good as well. Far better than Rocky, imo. Far superior acting, better social commentary and a true story. 

In the last weeks, I started re-watching "Batman: The Animated Series" on Teletoon. Even if more than two decades old, it's still the best adaptation of the comic book. A masterpiece in term of design, animation, writing, voice acting, tone and music.

On 6/16/2020 at 6:06 PM, peacectryguy said:

I see they have a "Snowpiercer" series on now. I haven't watched but thought the original movie was fantastic.

If it's still on there, Kodachrome is an excellent watch with Ed Harris.

If into boxing, Cinderella Man with Russell Crowe is very good as well. Far better than Rocky, imo. Far superior acting, better social commentary and a true story. 

I've been following the Snowpiercer series, it is much better than the movie and they only release one episode a week so you have something to look forward to each week while there are not many new movies or shows coming out during C-19.

• Like 1

Anyone else been watching the new Unsolved Mysteries? There's 6 episodes so far and most of them are actually pretty sad. The episode titled "13 Minutes" especially got me. 

• Like 1

I watched an interesting show recently called "Impulse"

It's advertised as a sci-fi show and based in the same world as the mediocre movie "Jumper" , so essentially about people who can teleport.

This is where it gets interesting, it's really more of a coming of age story, including dealing with PTSD as a teen, family dynamics, coming to terms with your sexuality and just for fun there's murder, mayhem, shadowy organizations, corruption, drug dealers, Mennonites, and all sorts of hidden backstory.

There's a warning before every episode stating that it deals with content not suitable for all audiences including sexual violence.  Heed it, it can be triggering.

If you can handle that type of content, and you like underrated sci-fi drama produced in Canada where you can play "Hey!  Thats the one from every other Canadian show" then check it out.  Its a YouTube production.  There's 2 seasons of it, and unfortunately it's not coming back for a third.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Finished watching "Designated Survivor" a 3 Season (all on Netflix) TV Show

Took a little break from "DS" and watched Jaws...first time I saw that movie was in 1975 when it came out in theatres...yes flashbacks to when I was a kid

Watched "Skyscraper" last night...sort of a cross between Towering Inferno and Die Hard with a healthy dose of bs...but entertaining LOL

A Rambling

RG