What are you watching on Netflix these days?

Recently watched "The Intruder and just finished watching "The Gift"

Both thrillers, they seem similar in plot but spin differently...and entertainingly

Worth watching IMHABO (in my humble and bored opinion 😆)

A Rambling 

RG

• Like 1

Binge watched "The Falcon and The Winter Soldier" and it's a good continuation of the events of the "Captain America" trilogy and "Avengers: Endgame". Like "WandaVision", it's part of Phase 4  in the Marvel Cinematic Universe in preparation of future movies to come. Follows past events, closes some plot holes and introduces some new characters we may see more in the future. A must see if a comic book reader and watched all movies, but may lose you if go in dry.

Unlike the first phases that were smaller and focused on the next "Avengers" movie, this stretches considerably the universe and risk losing some audience less interested in all loose threads and character arcs. The next will be "Loki" in June and this should be quite interesting.

Just finished watching the one that started it all

A 1982 movie...whether a classic or oldie don't know.

"First Blood"

A bunch of the other Rambo movies are on Netflix too, I'll watch them piecemeal...too many and too much to take in all at once 😆

A Rambling

RG

• Like 1

Started off this morning with a small dose (can only afford to lose a couple brain cells a day 😆) "Rambo 2"

Just finished watching "The Upside"...wasn't sure I'd like it but was a pretty good movie starring Bryan Cranston, Kevin Hart, Nicole Kidman

I'd recommend it (The Upside that is) a good movie to watch.

A Siskel And Ebert Rambling Reco (no reviews allowed on Lyla 😆)

RG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roamingguy said:

Started off this morning with a small dose (can only afford to lose a couple brain cells a day 😆) "Rambo 2"

Yes, that movie really didn't age well. The bright cinematography, forced love interest and ridiculous action scenes clash hard with the fist movie and source material. I remember 1985 when a few months later "Commando" came out and sparked the Stallone/Schwarzenegger rivalry. At the time, "Rambo 2" was considered a superior movie. But re-watching today, "Commando" still holds up. The low budget charm, self-aware humor and hilarious one liners kept it fresh.

Other than the original "First Blood" and the fourth "Rambo" I enjoy a lot, that franchise didn't held up well.

Highly recommend:

Rake and Wentworth... Both TV shows but oh so good.  I put Wentworth right up there with Breaking Bad in quality, never a dull moment.

• Like 1

Just started (well on Season 1 Episode 6) watching "Start Up" about corrupt FBI agents, money laundering, stolen money and all sorts of other bad things set in Miami.  Sort of a distant cousin to "Breaking Bad" and "Ozark"

A Rambling

RG

• Like 1

Just started watching the series "The Kominsky Method"

Stars Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin

Funny with some serious moments, and most of all entertaining

I would recommend it

Now back to Netflix 

RG

• Like 2

Well today a lazy day watching TV

First 3 movies I have on DVD I watched (no not Netflix I know) But watched "For a Few Dollars More", "The Right Stuff" and "Kelly's Heroes"

And on Netflix watched "Late Night"...OK but wouldn't watch it again 😆 and now into Season One Episode 4 "Manifest"...so far it's got me hooked 

A Rambling 

RG

• Like 2

Watching "Blindspot" Watching Season 1 of a 5 Season series

And watched an oldie...well not that old a movie..."The Rainmaker" based on the John Grisham novel. Good I recommend it 👍👍

A Rambling

RG

• Like 2

Not sure how many anime fans are on here but I finished a series called Parasyte. This show(only 24 episodes in total) explores the question, "What does it mean to be human?" so even those who aren't into anime may like it. 

I have to be the most boring tv (including on line stuff) person in the world. The only tv fhat i watch is at the end of the day when my brain is fried (brain damage following motorcycle accident, blah blah blah). So I'm looking for "no brainer stuff) like game shows etc.  Bedtime: 2 hours after falling asleep on the couch!  Anyways, last thing on Netflix: Fast and Faster with Valentino Rossi... old movies lol

Last weekend I started to watch a season of "Manifest" and I'm now on season 2.  It's about a plane that was coming back home from Jamaica and hit turbulence during a storm and when the plane landed the people on board showed up 5+ years later and everyone thought that the plane had disappeared so the passenger did not aged a bit but the rest of their friends and family where 5+ years older.

I'm not going into more details, you need to start watching it to see if you are into this sort of stuff.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NotchJohnson said:

Last weekend I started to watch a season of "Manifest" and I'm now on season 2.  It's about a plane that was coming back home from Jamaica and hit turbulence during a storm and when the plane landed the people on board showed up 5+ years later and everyone thought that the plane had disappeared so the passenger did not aged a bit but the rest of their friends and family where 5+ years older.

I'm not going into more details, you need to start watching it to see if you are into this sort of stuff.

Excellent show imo. And it shows (granted it's fiction) just how much can change in only 5 years

I wasn't sure I'd like it...got hooked pretty fast. I second your rec NJ

A Rambling

RG

• Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 5:45 PM, vegeta85 said:

Not sure how many anime fans are on here but I finished a series called Parasyte. This show(only 24 episodes in total) explores the question, "What does it mean to be human?" so even those who aren't into anime may like it. 

I'm more a fan of the golden years of Anime (mid 80's to late 90's) before CGI replaced detailed animation.

Obvious choices are "Akira" and "Ghost in the Shell", but as both contain "nightmare fuel", heavy themes and abstract social commentaries, not sure I would recommend as a gateway to anime.

"Patlabor: The Movie"(1989) is a great introduction. "Macross Plus"(1995) is also recommended. And if can handle a bit more violence, gore and nudity, "Ninja Scroll"(1993) is a masterpiece. For fans of Go Nagai giant robots, "Mazinkaiser"(2001) and "Shin Getter vs Neo Getter"(2000) are a great love letter to the genre.

And for those who think I forgot about "Neon Genesis Evangelion", I didn't! I simply don't recommend unless you got an understanding of what you're getting yourself into.

The original series is competently made. But due to financial restraints, ended with more abstract "deeper" storytelling. Something not well received. The anime was never meant to be shown outside Japan and even less marketed toward kids. It's not about religions or Christianity. And kids fighting monsters in giant robots are only a background to a show about unlikable characters dealing with toxic relationships. The teen characters are exploited, abused and without getting into spoilers get an ending that will scar children.

The movies are pretty a mixed bag of recycled plot points, alternate endings and timelines as the anime creators are dealing with the fanbase unhappy with the fate of their favorite characters.

It's definitely an highly influential show that introduced the world to anime. But if looking for positive escapism, this is not.

Yesterday watched two movies

First a western..."Gone Are The Days" give it (generously I might add 😆) 5 stars out of 10. Wasn't great but some may enjoy it

Second "Up In The Air" plain and simple IMO it sucked ☹ 1 star out of 10 😆 Called a romantic comedy maybe romantic comedy saw no comedy and no romantic happy ever after. Again JMO Don't watch

So right now I'm cheering myself up by watching (again) "Flags Of Our Fathers" 😆

A Rambling

RG

• Like 1

Last weekend I started to watch "Sex Life"(it's a serie), it was my sister in law who mentioned it to my wife but told her that I should no be watching it because I would go crazy.  It's a show about a woman who married the perfect man, good looking, smart, good job, honest but they don't have sex anymore.  Raising 2 kids it seems like they never have the time to have sex.  She writes a journal and explains how she had such a great sex life before and specially with this one guy and goes into details about what they did.  One morning while her husband is getting ready to go to work he finds her journal and reads about that.  Well he made love to her so good she has never been happier but gets bored again....etc.

You all know how I LOVE hard nipples and this actress has the best perfect hard nipples that I have ever seen so it makes it that much more interesting for me to watch.

Warning there are many sex scene in this show you might not want to watch it at all....NOT.  Very hot indeed.

• Like 1

Last night watched "Loki" and really enjoyed it. Without spoiling anything, it opens a lot of possibilities for future MCU series and movies. Season 2 is already announced.

Three and a Half hours of my life gone...I'll never get them back 😲(and at my age...60 I can't afford to throw away my time now 🤣) Watched Ghost Rider and Cosmic Sin...just horrible.

Now my biggest worry is if I get suspended or banned from Lyla for violation of the "if you have nothing nice to say..." rule

My First Negative Review Rambling 🤣

RG

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, roamingguy said:

Three and a Half hours of my life gone...I'll never get them back 😲(and at my age...60 I can't afford to throw away my time now 🤣) Watched Ghost Rider and Cosmic Sin...just horrible.

Now my biggest worry is if I get suspended or banned from Lyla for violation of the "if you have nothing nice to say..." rule

My First Negative Review Rambling 🤣

RG

Which "Ghost Rider" did you see? The 2007 movie is not great, but Nicolas Cage hams it up enough to be entertaining. The sequel, not so much.

As for "Cosmic Sin", haven't seen it and wouldn't waste my time on any Bruce Willis movie done in the past decade.

5 minutes ago, Greenteal said:

Which "Ghost Rider" did you see? The 2007 movie is not great, but Nicolas Cage hams it up enough to be entertaining. The sequel, not so much.

As for "Cosmic Sin", haven't seen it and wouldn't waste my time on any Bruce Willis movie done in the past decade.

Nicholas Cage version...he didn't ham it up enough for me though 😆

A Hamless Rambling 

RG 😆

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roamingguy said:

Nicholas Cage version...he didn't ham it up enough for me though 😆

A Hamless Rambling 

RG 😆

Not all Nic Cage movies can be the 2006 "The Wicker Man"...

187164b564581f794ab3ba45950b22e7.gif

8d84f8c220fd745db8f6545b3d2f114eacf07670_hq.gif