What are you watching on Netflix these days?

We watched The Tomorrow War tonight. The effects were seamless and utterly amazing, but scary as fuck. There is no way they should have made it out of that alive. Well, a lot of them didn't, so I guess most of that made some sense. It was a thrilling 2+ hours and not a bad story, but much like Pearl Harbour, it had too many chapters for a traditional movie.

• Like 2

A Few Over The Past Few Days....Well Maybe A Week Or So 😆

Gunpowder Milkshake...if John Wick had a "g" rated, well maybe pg 13 version 😆 this is it...entertaining, quirky,  offbeat

The Movies That Made Us a series with background on a few movies. Worth a look

The Aviator movie about Howard Hughes starring Leonardo Diario and Cate Blanchett. Almost 3hrs long though so strap in 😆

Wrath Of Man new Jason Statham thriller...entertaining

And five minutes of my life lost today...I gave AP Bio a look...by five minutes in I wanted to crack the broken chair over teacher's head 😆 five minutes was too much guess what I didn't watch the remaining 2 seasons...DONT WATCH!!!

A Hopefully Mostly Positive Recommendation/Review Rambling 

RG

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, roamingguy said:

A Few Over The Past Few Days....Well Maybe A Week Or So 😆

Gunpowder Milkshake...if John Wick had a "g" rated, well maybe pg 13 version 😆 this is it...entertaining, quirky,  offbeat

The Movies That Made Us a series with background on a few movies. Worth a look

The Aviator movie about Howard Hughes starring Leonardo Diario and Cate Blanchett. Almost 3hrs long though so strap in 😆

Wrath Of Man new Jason Statham thriller...entertaining

And five minutes of my life lost today...I gave AP Bio a look...by five minutes in I wanted to crack the broken chair over teacher's head 😆 five minutes was too much guess what I didn't watch the remaining 2 seasons...DONT WATCH!!!

A Hopefully Mostly Positive Recommendation/Review Rambling 

RG

I have seen The Aviator many years ago and I liked it but like you said it's a long movie.

Wrath of Man i have watch a second time because it was good and wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.

On Amazon Prime I watched "Jolt" with Kate Beckensale(she has always turned me on), good story to it I recommend !

• Like 1

As I flip the channels I often land on National Geographic's equivalence to "Shark Week", and it's not better.

The purpose is apparently to show how majestic and misunderstood those creatures are. But most of what we see are graphic shark attacks completely undermining that message.

I understand those are efficient water predators. But if the point is to show something different, they're failing as badly as the Discovery Channel done for decades.

OK A Few More

A classic..."The Graduate" with Dustin Hoffman

"Anna" about a KGB assassin 

"The Foreigner" Jackie Chan vs the IRA

"Myth And Mogul John Delorean" Documentary about you guessed it, John DeLorean 

Half Story Half Quasi Documentary "The Laundromat" 

A Few Shows Worth A Watch IMO

RG

• Like 1

A few more movies...yes some oldies and familiar....all worth watching on Netflix

Inside Man with Denzel Washington

Training Day also with Denzel Washington

Primal Fear with Richard Gere

Green Mile with Tom Hanks

Man On A Ledge with Sam Worthington and Ed Harris

Also

the series "For Life"...my complaint only Season One out

The documentary Cocaine Cowboys

A Rambling 

RG

• Like 1

Just finished watching "Once Upon A Time In Hollywood"  

It's as historically accurate about 1969 Hollywood as "Inglorious Basterds" was about the end of World War Two 😆 But its entertaining funny and worth watching

A (positive 😉) Movie Rambling Review

RG

• Like 1

Talking about long movies l o n g I say 😆 "Once Upon A Time In America" is playing on Netflix about mobsters in New York...saw it yesterday

Be warned almost 4 hours long so strap in.  Stars Robert De Niro and James Woods (plus a few others 😉) and with time era jumps gets a little confusing at times...well did for me 😕 😆 So I'll psych myself up to watch again...and that's .

it 😆

But worth watching...especially if you're a fan of gangster movies like Godfather 1-3, Goodfellas etc.

A bug eyed 👀 Netflix movie recommendation 👍 rambling

RG 

• Like 1

Well a few more over the past few days.

With the anniversary of 9/11 over there have been a few shows (yes some preceded the anniversary)

"World Trade Center" Oliver Stone movie starring Nicholas Cage. OK, not great especially the 2 dimensional portrayl of the Marine. Give it a 6/10...jmo

"Worth" starring Michael Keaton. About compensating the victims of 9/11. This in Siskel and Ebert terms 👍👍(that's 2 thumbs up 😆)

"Turning Point 9/11 And The War On Terror" Documentary about 9/11 and the US governments response to it. This is also well worth watching.

Enough of 9/11...???

"The Wolf Of Wall Street" starring Leonardo Diario and Margot Robbie Entertaining but long...almost 3 hrs

"Kate" about an assassin who's been poisoned with a few hours to live

"The Good Liar" starring Helen Mirren and Ian McKellen. One (or is it both) is a liar and con artist. Good movie

A few recommendations for your viewing well "pleasure" considering topics covered in some  movies

A Rambling

RG

• Like 1

Just finished watching "The Ice Road"...and no it's not about safe winter driving 😆

Give it a watch, its entertaining with good guys, bad guys and you guessed it...ICE, lots of ICE 😆

A Movie Reviewing Rambling

RG

• Like 1

Movie "No One Gets Out Alive"

Series "Squid Game"

And just started watching...."Seinfeld"...the series is now on Netflix

A Rambling Over Cup Number One

RG

• Like 1

A Few Over The Past Couple Weeks Or So

"Heat" starring Robert DeNiro and Val Kilmer

"Safe House" starring Denzel Washington 

"Flight" also starring Denzel Washington

"LA Confidential" starring Russel Crowe, Kevin Spacey, Guy Pearce and Kim Basinger

Just a few for your possible viewing pleasure 😆  

And FYI if you haven't heard Part 1 Season 4 "Ozark" comes Jan 21 2022 (they divided Season 4 into two halves, part 1 is 7 episodes)

A Rambling

RG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a couple more...saw them yesterday in fact

"Richard Jewell" about the FBI investigation into Richard Jewell for a bombing. Based on true events. Worth a watch

"A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood" A ??? (don't know if fact, fiction or what...???) movie about Mr Rogers...yes Mr Rogers. Don't know if it's a comedy but I was laughing. The "real truth" about him being a Navy SEAL is revealed however. Worth watching

A Siskel and Ebert Rambling Over Cup Number 2

RG

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, roamingguy said:

"A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood" A ??? (don't know if fact, fiction or what...???) movie about Mr Rogers...yes Mr Rogers. Don't know if it's a comedy but I was laughing. The "real truth" about him being a Navy SEAL is revealed however. Worth watching

It's loosely based on the real story and friendship between Rogers and a journalist. Can read about it here:

The True Story Behind A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood | Time

A few (not worth mentioning 😆 ) so I won't.

But just finished up watching the series "Clickbait"...a crime drama but worth watching. It'll keep you hooked with twists and turns right to the end. Highly recommend it

Should I have posted this in the recommendation forums 😆 

A Rambling

RG

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, lydiahardwood said:

Has anyone seen the new season of Big Mouth? Sooo funny

Not yet...but I haven't seen the series yet at all. Just added it to My List for watching

Thanks Lydia

Yesterday was hit and miss on movies on Netflix for me

The first "The Last Thing He Wanted" a big miss and two 👎 👎 down. A movie, backdrops Central America Iran Contra but goes all over the place...not worth watching imo

The second " Lucy" about a woman drugged and she gets superhuman side effects...hybrid action-adventure and science fiction.  Very entertaining imo. I was pleasantly surprised. Highly recommend watching it. 👍👍 

A Rambling

RG

• Like 1

A few new ones that are actually oldies

The Green Mile (saw it awhile ago)

The Shawshank Redemption (saw it awhile ago)

Looper (first time seeing it...a sci fi/action movie)

Taxi Driver supposedly a classic, finally saw it

Spartacus saw it once...in a movie theater in West Germany sometime between 1967-1970...to get over the horror of Spartacus being crucified I needed comedy so...

Monty Python's Life Of Brian 😆 

A few oldies you might like to watch

A Rambling

RG 

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 4:56 PM, NotchJohnson said:

The unforgivable with Sandra Bullock.  I give it a 10/10

I saw The Unforgivable A couple days ago...agree with you NJ 10/10

Just finished watching Don't Look Up about a planet killing comet hurling towards earth...no not a sci fi type movie more a comedy...well worth watching. Highly recommend it

A Reviewing Rambling 

RG

• Like 1

Saw two new...well new to me movies

First "Vanquish"...a so so movie imo about a 6/10. But it killed a couple hours on a cold day 😆 

Second "Terminator Dark Fate"...actually rather entertaining, pleasantly surprised. Good continuation of the Terminator series of movies imo. Had a hankering for potato chips though 😆 (reference to the movie btw)

A Siskel And Ebert Rambling 

RG

• Like 1

Saw three new ones (well to me at least) over the past couple days

The first, painful to watch, yes that bad IMO, but I still managed to watch it  "The Interpeter" Don't Watch It

But things picked up. A mystery political thriller, better than expected "The Ghostwriter" starring Pierce Brosnan and Ewan McGregor. 

And finally "The God Committee" and no its not about the local church...its about a hospital transplant committee starring Kelsey Grammer of Cheers and Fraser fame.

A couple to watch, one to avoid

Another Siskel and Ebert Rambling

RG

• Like 1