Tech question from a tech illiterate....

I know this board is FULL of people who's talents concern all things technical. I have a question; for the last week, my responses sent to guests with email addresses ending in @yahoo.com and @rogers.ca have been bounced back to my inbox with this message...

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY. YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE. Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.

Some have taken up to 6 days to deliver and some eventually come back as undeliverable, when I know the address is valid. It is not happening to any others.

If any of you have sent me an email, and received no answer, this could be the problem. Am I doing something wrong? Any input would be sincerely appreciated...

Catherine

Cat...here is a translation for what our super-mod just said....

&*(^&*(T^&GHLEH 3789p06ZV*(%(*%^*(&^%*(&tgrir^*%(534153GFA V4TR8904UC ;Ohi :*OAY(PYB Y*(*(P*()&*(^&(TYB O(*Y*(PYV()*PY H*()

I am sorry...I just had to add some humor to that....

Thanks Antlerman.... no need to make it even more difficult right?

LOL! Thank you both, a sense of humor helps when you have non linear grey matter like I do. I will see what all that means and take it from there. I just don't understand why it has just started recently. Must have hit a button or something....

Catherine

Hey Cat,

The message you received is just as it says... delivery of the e-mail is delayed. And since Yahoo hosts Rogers e-mail, the message is the same for both. It just means they're having issues with their e-mail processing, and are not able to deliver e-mail (although they are being stored and will be delivered later). ...hope that wasn't too technical... ;)

And nothing for you to do differently on your end... the problem is with Yahoo.

Hello Cat,

mrniceguy is right both are actually hosted by the same organization and implies that their server is not responding in a timely manner. This is not an uncommon response from Rogers and Yahoo. There are many possible reasons so any reason would simply be a guess.

I believe you will notice that the message dissapears after a week or so once they figure it out. It does not mean that your messages were not delivered.

Hope that helps.

Hey Cat,

The message you received is just as it says... delivery of the e-mail is delayed. And since Yahoo hosts Rogers e-mail, the message is the same for both. It just means they're having issues with their e-mail processing, and are not able to deliver e-mail (although they are being stored and will be delivered later). ...hope that wasn't too technical... ;)

And nothing for you to do differently on your end... the problem is with Yahoo.

Thanks Antlerman.... no need to make it even more difficult right?

I understood what you where talking about :mrgreen:

To cat, email can be fickle at the best of times. Technology, you can't live with it, or WITHOUT it :wink: Good luck with the problem!

This thread was started in April 2008. If her issue is not settled yet, time to change providers.

The tech section is fairly new, I think the mod is moving threads into more appropriate sections - and I'm sure cat's fans have made sure she quite reachable and accessible. :-)

This thread was started in April 2008. If her issue is not settled yet, time to change providers.