YMMV vs false advertising

I want to start by saying I fully support and understand YMMV...100%. That said, I have recently had 3 consecutive encounters where the SP clearly stated and advertised *** and *** and then when I was there, they said that they do not do this. It seems like someone else may have posted the ad etc.

Makes for a very disappointing encounter.

This sounds like a "middleman" problem. A common problem when dealing with ladies using procurers. They don't write their own ads and don't have full control on what's written about them. To avoid this, I like to talk directly with the lady on the phone to make sure her description and services matches the ad. If the management doesn't allow direct communication, you should avoid. And if she tells you something on the phone and it's the opposite in person , then shame on her.

I have to guess (hope) that these weren't rendezvous arrange through lyla. This board is always my first line of defense. Backpage etc. require additional vigilance.

• Like 4

I have to guess (hope) that these weren't rendezvous arrange through lyla. This board is always my first line of defense. Backpage etc. require additional vigilance.

A Lyla membership shouldn't be instantly considered a certificate of authenticity or a guarantee of satisfaction. We regularly see profiles come and go with fake reviews and promises. The MOD does a good job in keeping the place clean and answering complaints. But sometimes a few bad apples fall between the cracks.

Ladies with multiple reviews from long time regulars are quite reliable. But we should remain cautious with those only reviewed by a few newcomers. Whatever the source, we should ask questions and look for red flags.

A Lyla membership shouldn't be instantly considered a certificate of authenticity or a guarantee of satisfaction. We regularly see profiles come and go with fake reviews and promises. The MOD does a good job in keeping the place clean and answering complaints. But sometimes a few bad apples fall between the cracks.

Ladies with multiple reviews from long time regulars are quite reliable. But we should remain cautious with those only reviewed by a few newcomers. Whatever the source, we should ask questions and lok for red flags.

You are entirely correct Gregsand. This board does not guarantee anything . However its the best dice roll gentlemen have . Ladies profit as well . If someone inquires here I immediately look at his post history, what he has to say and well, make an initial decision . Gentleman have the same benefit. A personal example for me is that I am opinionated and sometimes loud. Some gents want quiet and demure . By reading my posts they get to know me pretty concisely and make an informed decision . A short ad with a few pictures doesn't tell a lot.

Other places you do you best and trust your judgement. By many accounts here lots are getting burned . I might be mistaken but I think years ago we had to refer to Backpage as the "other place ". Now its been pointed out to me by WIR that Backpage is a fine site . ( don't quote me on this exactly. ) I advertise there and so do many other ladies that are long standing . One of the problems is with all these Hollywood starlets that claim perfection , 100 percent satisfaction , etc, etc. Perhaps some claims are true , but mostly not. What do we do to change all this ? I have no idea. I do long for the days when I received nice letters of introduction from gents and I was mostly certain they were going to be fine guests.

I joined this board in 2009 and you hardly ever heard of the scandals that now occur to someone everyday.

Things have changed a lot since the Bill and censorship came. Lots of old members left or don't contribute anymore. You can never turn time back so we will continue to struggle with the issue of who is "legit " and who is not.

Or we could re invent ourselves here and enjoy the community we once had. Senior people led and helped new ladies and new members carve their way. I am very proud to say Lyla gave me the reputation I have today. ( Good or Bad) I earned it and where else can we have an opportunity like that and for free ?

• Like 8

I joined this board in 2009 and you hardly ever heard of the scandals that now occur to someone everyday.

I've been seeing SP's and MA's for close to 25 years and the deception tactics didn't evolved much. Things changed in term of communication and ad sources, but the good old tricks of the trade are still used.

In the days of the newspapers, some ladies told me how more than half a column would belong to a single agency or group. And also how providers would claim having 30+ ladies on call when the reality was often less than 10, forcing a lot of creativity in term of descriptions to meet every needs.

With internet, personal websites, apps and specialized message boards, the process seem a bit more transparent. But in reality, very little changed. We still need to ask the right question and have the strength to walk away if something looks wrong.

• Like 4

Ladies with multiple reviews from long time regulars are quite reliable. But we should remain cautious with those only reviewed by a few newcomers. Whatever the source, we should ask questions and look for red flags.

I have regular clients who have been seing me for 6 years No one has never posted a review or coment on me. i they did I never found anything and I am convinced that when there is no problem lots of people do not post anything.

• Like 3

I have regular clients who have been seing me for 6 years No one has never posted a review or coment on me. i they did I never found anything and I am convinced that when there is no problem lots of people do not post anything.

First, welcome to the board. Second, only a fraction of lobbyists/clients who are members of message boards like this and post reviews. I never claimed a profile here and multiple reviews was essential. It simply provide a bit more information and can be helpful for people with less experiences. I agree with you that no feedback can be a good thing and some ladies do request to not be reviewed to remain low key.

Thank you for your input.

Additional Comments:

I want to start by saying I fully support and understand YMMV...100%.

I don't think YMMV(Your Mileage May Vary) applies here. The term normally refers to the intensity and longevity of the session and not really the content.

If she doesn't feel motivated by your presence, she'll do what she promised in a minimalistic way. It will be brief and superficial. And if she likes you, it will become an intense GFE session.

YMMV means that certain aspects of the encounter are up in the air until a provider meets the client. It can certainly apply to specific services when taking into account oral hygiene, overall hygiene etc. Poor dental care rules out kissing, dfk and *** for me. There are several other activities that I will not consent to until I meet someone.

I agree with you and my comment was in regard to services advertised vs service offered. Most ladies won't advertise services they won't deliver to all.

This is a job and "liking" isn't a prerequisite for doing it well.

smiles, cat

In a perfect world it would be true. But in reality, not everyone can keep a poker face when dealing with someone they don't feel comfortable with. The attraction and chemistry will strongly affect the service. I agree some are quite good in offering consistency to everyone. But with providers of different ages, experiences and motivations, nobody can expect the same professionalism from all.

• Like 3

I know I am on this screening kick if you read my other threads and posts as of late, but again, I will use this thread to show the importance of screening.

I am not a YMMV chick at all. If I can't perform the sexual acts that I enjoy, I just don't bother booking.

I know this sounds strange coming from my end, but I truly believe that if both parties took a little bit of extra time, in the beginning, a lot of the BS issue that both sides complain about would not happen.

I also think that more women should not be using the YMMV excuse and simply refuse the client outright if there is an issue. If you advertise that you offer ***, and then when the client shows up, you see his "package" and you don't like it for whatever reason, which let's be real is usually a fear of STD or hygiene, based on the look. Instead of saying no, I would be saying - Cya!

Don't get me wrong, I understand that some women feel they can not do this, they need the cash, they need that appointment, so they do what they can. That is a topic for a different day.

However, in an ideal world, YMMV would not be a thing at all. It would either be false advertising or refusal of client booking period.

I hope that made sense as to not offend anyone.

• Like 2

Hi Greg, I thought they were not allowed to discuss services since the new act came into play or is by phone the exception. I've had mixed results based off of the new act as some pictures can be old and not up to date for the sp.

Hi Greg, I thought they were not allowed to discuss services since the new act came into play or is by phone the exception. I've had mixed results based off of the new act as some pictures can be old and not up to date for the sp.

I don't know every details on what's allowed or not in ads, other than she has to sell her own services: "Those who sell their own sexual services are protected from criminal liability for committing this offence if the only benefit they receive is from the sale of their own sexual services"(paragraph 286.5(1)(a)). From there it gets muddy as any means of communication used between SP and client(no matter if phone, email, txt or IM) can be used against you if busted. The content of the conversations shouldn't affect much of the outcome unless you make some very questionnable requests(mostly related to underaged stuff). It's now part of the reality and risks of being a hobbyist and the reason why many choose to deal with MA's. But as I regularly see here, many don't seem to understand the impact of saying they had a "happy" experience with one. And also why many ladies prefer being part of the DNR/DND list.

The coles note version of bill c36 is:

Providers can sell sexual services

Clients cannot purchase sexual services

Third parties cannot sell sexual services

It used to be providers could sell their services openly, just not in a public place. This is still true, however with the third party rules, advertiser, agencies and spas cannot allow any type of sexual services to be sold. No matter how the communication is done. So, not just outside is illegal but any type of communication (text, email, voice) to purchase sexual services is illegal.

So, asking if you can get a bbbj, or anal, or multiple rounds of intercourse, even when given in code is illegal. You can be charged. Are police agencies actively going after clients right now? No, they are mainly going after underage, exploited and outside workers. Going to a spa (unless they are licenced by the city) does not protect you. Trying to ask for specific services in a coded fashion does not protect you. Clarifying that the services advertised are in fact available can land you on the front page if and when the legal entities decide to start prosecuting clients purchasing sexual services.

So, most providers that understand the laws do not advertise sexual services to protect their clients. That's the part of the new laws I hate. I at least do not want to have a paper trail for law enforcement to be able to clearly show I provide sexual services for consideration of money.

I always cringe when I see hobbyists clearly specifying what transpired during their encounter AND how much they spent. The Seattle board had a number of hobbyists arrested for prostitution based ONLY what they posted online. Yes, it's the states , where the laws are different, but these things go weirdly wrong if someone in authority chooses to go after someone.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/reason.com/blog/2016/12/13/12-more-charges-in-trb-prostitution-case/amp

If you would like to understand the laws, here's a great starting point. In order to understand the law, it's important to read it.

http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/other-autre/c36fs_fi/

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

• Like 2