Why I want to be here....

Some thoughts (not too well organized)

While I do enjoy my time alone, I do seek the company of my friends, and on occasion need more. And then want to retreat to be alone again. Not unfriendly or fearful, but enjoying time spent on me, by me.

Dating has become such a juggling act of timing, money, and trying to trust people. Everyone has different views and stages of empathy. Yes, there is a certain excitement in dating. Sometimes, it is just too much work and a connection is not going to happen. Online is just crazy....entertaining...occasionally.

This area I get to meet people who are like minded (with some variation of course).

The ladies have particular skills - being able to interact, engage and entertain an introvert like myself. When conversation just flows...I think that is the real treat. It is a skill and I enjoy when it is used on me. Unintentionally, I learn a few things about the human experience. It is really awesome to be in the presence of those with this skill. It comes so easily from them...how?

Within the allotted time, I am transported to an experience with someone who provides all of this, in a safe and accepting space. There is little pressure and a lot of honesty. It's like the hostess is a friendly stranger, who expects you and taps into you. I feel I am giving something, and getting something back. It's like expectations are met. It feels 'equal'. (feel free to share with me if this makes little sense, please)

And then it is over, but I keep the memories. All the good stuff. And am free to leave it all behind.

Not the drama, deception and indecisiveness of the dating world....

I do not enjoy the prejudice and preconception that comes in this realm.

Society judges on some strange things, but we are changing, right?

Not sure if I made a point, had a point, came to point, pointed a finger...however, please comment, I would love to hear what others have to say!

• Like 2

Well said Double Vee, I totally agree with many of your sentiments. The experiences I enjoy the most are those in which I probably have spent half the time or more just talking. It's like suddenly we realize their is another part to our getting together and move on to other activities. As good as the second half may be, it's the "connection" I feel we made in the first half that brings me back for more. Real or otherwise it's that feeling that they give you that you really matter that makes the experience feel special. And to those special ladies that are able to create that environment I say thank you!

• Like 2