Fake ads galore on Leolist

If it wasn't such a detriment to the industry I would call it comical. A typical fake ad will be a picture of a "Latina Model" for $80 an hour. Really. I don't recall backpages ever being this bad.

I was had an appointment with French Girl Melissa last weekend. She says she isn't going to bother coming to the Maritimes anymore (she's located in Montreal now) because it has become so bad. She was in Fredericton for the weekend and only saw three clients. One of them told her about almost being robbed by a man with a baseball bat.

Unless a lady posts here on cerb.ca I would be really reluctant about seeing someone new.

• Like 6

Yep.

Not that I'm overly active, but I do browse sites frequently just to keep myself up-to-date and safe for when I am active.

I was hoping LL would replace backpage, but that will only happen if the site begins to take complaints seriously. So far, from what I've seen, they've been silent and unresponsive to complaints from the legitimate providers.

It's quite the mess at the moment, really....almost unusable.

• Like 3

Providers can still verify on LL, probably not 100% foolproof but adds a lot more credibility. Also add to the Directory.

It may be coincidental but it appears to me that a lot of the fake ads are using names of current known providers as well, trying to ratchet up the fraud factor.

• Like 1

Providers can still verify on LL, probably not 100% foolproof...

I've seen a few fakes that were verified, so it's definitely not foolproof.

• Like 4

How about posting these fake ads here in the bait/switch? This way we can all hit the report button on leolist. They won't remove the ads unless more then one report comes in from different ip's.

• Like 6

How about posting these fake ads here in the bait/switch? This way we can all hit the report button on leolist. They won't remove the ads unless more then one report comes in from different ip's.

We can try. The problem, however, it that's there's so many. The further problem is that Leolist doesn't seem to be reacting to the reports. As one example, MsManda has reported, with the help of other users, numerous fakes using her photos and info and they have never responded to her or removed the ads.

Maybe they simply don't have the resources and it's hit and miss...don't know.

• Like 1

Just a thought....

Would it be possible for the SPs to provide a link in their leolist ad to the references they have on lyla??

If so, it is a way to raise the bar on the fake ad posters.

No matter what is done it is still up to the hobbiest to do the necessary research on a SP they have never met before.

It seems to be way to easy for the fakes to run a muck on leolist and any way to make it more difficult for them would help.

The contact info on the leolist ad now has to match the contact info on the lyla link.

Unfortunately LL doesn't allow any reviews, or links. I'm curious as to why more providers don't get verified on there. I've contemplated it, but I'm not sure if it's a secure/save avenue to take. Thoughts/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Just a thought....

Would it be possible for the SPs to provide a link in their leolist ad to the references they have on lyla??

No matter what is done it is still up to the hobbiest to do the necessary research on a SP they have never met before.

It seems to be way to easy for the fakes to run a muck on leolist and any way to make it more difficult for them would help.

The contact info on the leolist ad now has to match the contact info on the lyla link.

Terms and conditions do not allow us to post links to review board reviews. Websites we maintain, yes, but reviews no.

https://www.leolist.cc/rules-and-posting-guidelines

The reality is... so many guys do not read our ads, view our websites or click on links. They just scroll the pictures, skim the content and then...

I'm just so glad for those that actually do their research...and follow through.

• Like 3

I wished more hobbiest would make twitter accounts. As so many of us are there. You can see more on who your interacting with there. You really get to know your playmates on a whole other level! And As we follow one another. We get to see more and more ladies and gents profiles. Your certainly not going to be a fake and manage a twitter at same time. Its takes a bit of dedication to keep your account recent. And its so much easier to keep your clients updated on and changes in schedual.. Anything.

• Like 4

Personally, I have been trying to get verified accounts for Dawn and I for our Montreal trip for Days now. We took all of our verified pictures on Friday and still, LL keeps extending the waiting period. This means that we went through the trouble of making signs and taking the photos and may not be verified by the time we reach Montreal. It also means we are paying full price for ads.

We are honest providers who want to follow all the steps and its getting us nowhere

• Like 1

Unfortunately LL doesn't allow any reviews, or links. I'm curious as to why more providers don't get verified on there. I've contemplated it, but I'm not sure if it's a secure/save avenue to take. Thoughts/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

you need a sign with leolist.cc on a normal size piece of paper (like 8.5 x 11in) and then submit the photos in minimum 600x600 pix size. then it takes about 24 hours, and make sure the photos don't all have the same outfit and pose. it is that simple. if you submit 10-12 shots you should have at least 5 if not all approved to use. i've had a shot rejected they thought was too similar to one that got approved even tho i preferred to have kept the rejected one and rid myself of one of the approved ones. it is a lot harder to get approval in the same outfit and pose and easier if you have 3 to 4 each that are fairly different. it is possible as my friend took all her shots herself alone, or have someone take them for you.

faces are not required, and no ID is necessary. it is discreet and you can add or delete new pics anytime.

• Like 1

you need a sign with leolist.cc on a normal size piece of paper (like 8.5 x 11in) and then submit the photos in minimum 600x600 pix size. then it takes about 24 hours, and make sure the photos don't all have the same outfit and pose. it is that simple. if you submit 10-12 shots you should have at least 5 if not all approved to use. i've had a shot rejected they thought was too similar to one that got approved even tho i preferred to have kept the rejected one and rid myself of one of the approved ones. it is a lot harder to get approval in the same outfit and pose and easier if you have 3 to 4 each that are fairly different. it is possible as my friend took all her shots herself alone, or have someone take them for you.

faces are not required, and no ID is necessary. it is discreet and you can add or delete new pics anytime.

Well..not necessarily....

I see Emily Rushton has her pro pics varified. I have Tweeted LL and have DM them, I have asked in support button...and never get an answer back:( I feel as an established provider of Lyla, who partnered with LL we should should be given the right to also varify without those distasteful selfy sign pics! I mean we look like a criminal! Lmao. It takes away from my own brand that I have spent 10 years buliding!

• Like 2

Same discussion going on in the General Discussion Area here: http://www.lyla.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=264185

Just a thought....

Thats to bad about the links.

Its seems LL is quite happy just allowing a big free for all to get more out of hand.

As long as they make money they don't care.

To verify you still don't need to show your face maybe if there's a way for you to take the pics that don't show any identifying features? I have to get around to verifying mine too

... about the verifying tool on Leolist.

Personally, I won't make this, I am an established and reputable lady from few years in Montreal, that's very easy to find that I am a legit person and not a scam with a simple Google or better a Duckduckgo search. :-) And I don't look as the pictures that are used in general by scammers, the "to-good-to-be true" deal.

Now I am having a question: Do you think it will be bad to not do it and I will be missing some good gentlemen I would have been enchantée to meet with? I'm having a feeling that's not so important, maybe I am wrong?

• Like 2

Hello! Maria , Welcome to NB:)

I am on the fence about this whole varify deal too.

I did do it, be grudgely tho. I hate the sign selfy. But yet, like you was worried about gents getting discouraged withall the fakes. Eventho I have been established for many years, for a traveling man he would be unaware of my name and rep. Case in point, it happend just the other day!

But really would like to LL come up with another way to varify. Grrr

• Like 2

Why don't providers simply "verify" their own photos in photoshop? LL verification is nonsensical and they have no issue with allowing scammers, I'm sure they wouldn't mind legitimate providers putting a verified check mark on their photos. I doubt it would make a difference to the clients either. I will not hold up a hand printed sign and take a selfie. EVER...

smiles, cat

• Like 3

I think LL is using the old blinders trick...It's either, build a site, walk from it essentially & take no action or implement a team to police it. It seems we know which tactic LL is using...I only post on it so my established clients that were lost in the BP takedown can once again locate me, it seems many dont know about LYLA, which is too bad.

• Like 1

Thank you Lady Sophia for your chaleureuse welcoming :-)

I just don't feel at ease with the concept to show to the world my body with an sign from a particular site. They could have someone to watch the pics in private and approve and says "we are verified" , (like I saw elsewhere.. don't remember where sorry) if they are insisting to "verified" but... they seem to not even answering messages about stealing and using of pics presently to the surprise of everyone that have been robbed. Not sure about their ethic now.

***But... Like I said, a very quick verification by Google or Duckduckgo goes a long way to verify if someone is legit or not, the name, the phone number, the email, the website, everything could be search. I don't understand why people wouldn't take a certitude before an encounter and be sure to not waist there time and money. That's the way to go for everybody for years, is people getting more un-aware that you have to verify someone you met by internet these days before meeting in "real life"?

• Like 1