Welcome to the Group

I started riding in 1984. My first bike was a brand new 1984 450 Honda Custom, which I quickly outgrew and moved onto a 1984 650 Honda Nighthawk which I rode for 10 years. 20 years later, I decided to get back into the wind again and since 1984 seemed like a good year, got myself a 1984 Honda 500 Shadow which has served me well this riding season.

My dream is to eventually own a HD Sportster.

One of my fantasies to have sex on a Harley Decker parked somewhere out in the great wide open with no one around so I can be as loud as I want. Any takers?

I grew up at the tail end of the golden age for British bikes. I have owned a Norton, a BSA and two Triumphs (one is my current bike). However, I just like 2 wheels - even bicycles. There is something free and exhilarating about riding. Release yourself from the cage.

My first motorcycle was a dirt bike when I was a teenager, when I got older I sold it and went on to better and bigger things. In 1994 I bought my first road bike a brand new Harley Davidson Springer which I still own and last year I bought a Harley Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic CVO and really enjoy riding it, if only I could find the time.

Been riding for only 25 years as I got a late start.

I am now getting about 20,000k in for the last several years.

Been traveling as much as I can on the eastern coast but would love to be able to afford to go west.

I am currently riding an f800gs BMW with 76,000k on the clock.

DSC_0202-XL.jpg

PS: I've never had sex on 2 wheels.

Impressive company here and glad to join you. I got my bike license when I was 25 and bought a 750 Interceptor. I drove it too fast at times, but no accidents. I took a 20 year hiatus (wife, kids, responsibility, no money) and 3 years ago. bought an 1800 VTX Honda. Love it and she and I will die together. I get one trip in per year (4000 kms) and a few shorter ones. Life on my bike is my escape...no nothing- phone, business, etc. Love it.

Btw......to the OP........I'll take you up on that. Would a Honda work? A big Honda? LOL!!!!!

MVI today. Picked up a wobble on the front end late Aug. Front tire is worn out out. He relented and stickered me (probably should not have) and my tire arrives Tuesday. Woot!.........run to Lunenburg Saturday! LOL

Got my first bike & license at 18. Got a 350 Kawasaki S2 triple two stroke. Frig that thing was light & fast. Absolutely no good on long trips. Lucky I survived. Here's a pic with the same colour scheme..

http://www.motorcyclesunlimited.co.uk/1972-kawasaki-s2-350-for-sale-2/

Bike was too small. I wanted to give myself a chance to grow into larger displacement & not get into trouble. If you want to keep alive on the highway get into a 750cc at least. Got rid of the bike after a year & did not ride until my early 50s.

Got an 1100 Yamaha Vstar. Changed seat, exhaust, hand grips. Added a windscreen. Bike pissed me off cuz it bottomed out with a passenger over bumps. Gave ass a severe rash (before changing seats). It was ok to ride, but despite the larger displacement, it wasn't up to long distance. Too bad.

Next bike - Honda GL. I know it's like riding a city bus, but it's got the power and goodies. I'll get a nice used 1200 or 1500cc. The 1800cc is too stupid for me.

Hi loves, I ride a 750 Honda Saber you might see me blasting around Ottawa on it.

The best bike that I've owned was a 1978 Honda CB 550K, I sold it years ago and still miss it every time I ride.

The bike that I would love to own would be a 1978 Honda 1100 I think it's a GL. It's basically a naked gold wing. So if any ones got one hidden away in the shed please let me know. Its such a sexy bike.

Kay

Hi all:

Just got around to joining.

First bike in my early 30s. Figured that I should learn to play an instrument; speak at least a second language; and ride a MC - not necessarily in that order.

So I bought a Yamaha YX600 Radian new from a dealer. It had been dropped during a demo, so I could afford it - good discount. After all, it was my â??learnerâ? bike and I was out west - gravel roads and lots of highway.

Fast forward a few years and I recently splurged and got a Harley Davidson. Vacillated back and forth between a BMW or HD. Two totally different cultures - but what the hell I went Harley - even put on some V&H pipes.

Now I want to do Sturgis at least once but it is such a long ride away. Maybe next year! What about that Full Throttle Saloon?

Greetings!

I had my first bike at 16 - hard to believe that was 49 years ago. I've been riding on and off since then.

Recently moved to Ottawa and now ride a Kawasaki Voyager. A heavy mother - just a hair over 1,000 lbs or around 460 kg. Certainly the heaviest bike I've ever ridden, definitely takes some practice.

Hope to see some of you this summer!

That sure is a heavy bike gecho, my Electra Glide Ultra Classic is 900 lbs without accessories(luggages) but it rides so well and is easy to maneuver. It is easier to ride then my previous motorcycle that weight only 700 lbs.

That's interesting Notch. My old 750 Virago was an easy bike to ride. I find the Kawasaki smooth (especially on the highway) and comfortable.

The only times I feel challenged is when making a tight turn at low speed and picking the bike up when it's down (which I actually managed once).

Oh, yeah, backing up on an incline - especially on gravel.

Wouldn't it be nice to go to Toronto show in a group of 4 of us. Share gas & driving, leave real early in morning, come back at night. That's likely 10 hours of driving so maybe best to wait for Montreal show.

Big hello to everyone, joined a little while ago, i started riding when i was 19 hard to believe that was 31 years ago lol. I ride an 08 HD police bike that i have been restoring scenes last summer,as well as an 03 HD sportster. Look forward to being a part of the group.

I began legally riding in '85. Went from an enduro to the Honda 1000 intercepter. I learned a few things very quickly, who knew you didn't steer it the same way?

I've had a few bikes since and now I'm on my retirement bike. Harley Davidson Ultra Classic. My Lazy Boy on wheels as I so affectionally call it.

This winter has been a long and slow one, 20 year record has been set . lets all hope this summer is the same, a 20 year record for sun, heat and fun. Been riding for 25 years .A gsxr 750 has been my fun for the last few years. Are there any more sport bike riders ? I like riding up at calabogie ,where do you like to ride in the Ottawa and surrounding areas ?