Have a Question or Issue with the new Version of Lyla - Ask/Mention it here:

Hey Everyone, 

We hope you're enjoying the updated version of Lyla and that the transition hasn't caused any problems with your use of the site. If you're experiencing any issues, or have any questions about the changes let us know here and we'll do our best to answer you as soon as possible :). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Just logged on and I really like the new look! Works great on my iPad. Took a minute to adjust to the new web site. Thank you!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jflt1 said:

Just logged on and I really like the new look! Works great on my iPad. Took a minute to adjust to the new web site. Thank you!

Glad you like it, do let us know if you find anything that isn't functioning properly or could be improved :). 

• Like 1

We used to have a notes page on our profiles. Is that gone or have I just not found how to get to it?

This old dog needs to relearn how to navigate around this updated site but it looks great.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There used to be a "Friends" list on our profile page.  Has this changed to something else?  Or, Has it been removed?

A new and welcomed user experience.  I was hoping the site would be visually updated.  😀

• Like 2

It looks like several things that used to be in our profiles/user CP have gone. Hopefully they'll come back. +1 on the friends/contacts lists... I used to use that a lot to find the last ad from people who don't post all that much.

One thing that is annoying me: there's no way to see which threads in a forum have new posts in (they all look the same). And there's no link to go to the first unread post in a thread, or the last - you just have to go to the top and scroll, which will get very dull very fast on long threads. Note that the board-wide "unread content" stuff is no use for this because it's full of ads that I'm not interested in right now and they crowd out the stuff I want to see.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WildTiger said:

We used to have a notes page on our profiles. Is that gone or have I just not found how to get to it?

This old dog needs to relearn how to navigate around this updated site but it looks great.

Really good point WildTiger!   Hopefully it will come back!

• Like 2

I know if we have nothing good to say that we shouldn't say anything at all. But, What kind of mess is this!?

I'm sure over time it may be fine but WOW!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jafo105 said:

There used to be a "Friends" list on our profile page.  Has this changed to something else?  Or, Has it been removed?

A new and welcomed user experience.  I was hoping the site would be visually updated.  😀

i was wondering the same thing. i would love this feature back.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jafo105 said:

Agree Jafo, another useful and desirable feature.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, willywonderful said:

Really good point WildTiger!   Hopefully it will come back!

I hope that if they are able to bring it back that they can also recover the information we had stored there.

• Like 2

I found that the best way to get to my subscribed content (my preferred method of viewing) was to create a new stream in MY ACTIVITY STREAMS and save it. Then, I could set that as my default view and it shows up at the top of the page.

Viewing the clubs is a mess, though. I have a hell of a time finding the new content.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, moosemeat said:

I know if we have nothing good to say that we shouldn't say anything at all. But, What kind of mess is this!?

I'm sure over time it may be fine but WOW!

This isn't all that useful, I'm afraid. What is it that you don't like? If there's features that are missing or you can't find, which ones? Saying you don't like the new design is all very well but there's a much better chance of things being fixed if you can point out specific problems and suggest how things might be improved.

• Like 5

I found that my entire message history, several years worth, that I had previously deleted, have all returned. That's scary.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Phaedrus said:

This isn't all that useful, I'm afraid. What is it that you don't like? If there's features that are missing or you can't find, which ones? Saying you don't like the new design is all very well but there's a much better chance of things being fixed if you can point out specific problems and suggest how things might be improved.

Couldn't agree more P

• Like 1

Community members who would prefer that their entire DOB displayed should update their profile. If you select the  drop box for year of birth and go to the very top you can select the option "not telling", and year of birth is not shown.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ManofFewWords said:

Community members who would prefer that their entire DOB displayed should update their profile. If you select the  drop box for year of birth and go to the very top you can select the option "not telling", and year of birth is not shown.

If you also prefer your day and month of birth not shown, just choose the blanks on the drop down boxes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder why all my forum ads have disappeared? I just created one but I wonder if I was the problem, or not. Will there be banners to advertise as well? Or I just missed them! I prefer the new look, it's clean! 

• Like 3

I found an issue when trying to edit a post.

I got the following message:

[[Template leolist/front/forms/commentEditTemplate does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Like 2

While the new version looks nice and different ( thanks to the effort of the mods), I may be the odd one here to say that I very much prefer the old version which I have become very familiar with after using it for the last 9 years.  There are many features from the old version that I truly miss which I have listed here -

- Notes  ( please bring this back, I have important notes jotted down from many years ago)

- Who's online list

- Friends list

- The handle of a member who thanks or likes a post ( now it shows just the number of thanks and likes )

- The ability to go private

-  An indication that a member is online

-  The feature of reading a dialogue between a profile visitor and the profile owner

I may have a few others which I may bring up later. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Can anyone tell me how to search for a specific member? The search option brings up every thread with the option you put in but can't seem to find a search members list.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1