Profile descriptions...

I know this has been a topic for discussion before. -- The lack of information in both the SP and Hobbyist profiles.

I personally find it quite disappointing when this information is not filled out.

The ladies have asked the men (on many occasions) to take the time to read their profiles. As well as asking the gentlemen to provide more information in their profiles.

The basic questions put forth in the profiles are very simple and straight forward.

• Biography? I am not looking for your life history - Perhaps, a brief description of what you look like would be nice
  • Gender? Male, Female or other -- Should be an easy question, often left blank
  • Location? City and/or Province -- What cities do you frequently travel to
  • Interests? For example - What do you like to do with a Client or SP (Gentlemen, be nice and not state the obvious)
  • Occupation? Be vague - are you a full-time or part-time MP,MA, SP or Hobbyist (did I forget anyone)
  • Service Provider or Hobbyist? This is usually filled in, but not always
  • Your website address? If applicable

This information helps open up dialogue between the two parties when initiating contact. :lovers:

If you are not sure what to write, read what other people have written. the male profiles will take a lot of searching to find some basis to go by. The ladies profiles will have more examples to get you started.

The biggest let downs for me are Biography, Location, and Interests.

When I am looking for an SP I look for similar interests from their profile. The absence of information makes it less likely I will contact them. (This works both ways gentlemen.)

I realize most people are worried about confidentiality. So tailor the information accordingly. Be creative.

Trust me, this is a painless process. And takes little time to complete.

:D

Most importantly it makes browsing profiles a lot easier and more fun...

:ThankYou:

• Like 4

Like the idea, in cyberspace it's nice to know a little about the person posting, and the lady you plan on seeing. In a sense, first time encounters with a sp are the ultimate blind date

RG

Thanks for the thread! The first time I was faced with filling this out I took it a little too seriously and my profile description was reminiscent of a high school annual.

I took a look at other ladies profiles and adapted mine to be less personal. The web site pretty much tells it all and has the pictures so I figured the info area was more like a tickle, oh, there is a better word in the marketing world, but, my brain fails me.

Anyway, the idea seemed to be about dropping juicy hints to entice someone to look for more.

Sorry to hear it doesn't work. Back to the drawing board!

I agree all above are important in the profile, but for me something very important is the album (for SPs of course). This is especially true for newly joined SPs. I like to see pictures of ladies in order to decide whom to PM or call for a possible date (and age too but age is not part of the profile!!!!).

jafo105, I will agree with you on member profiles, it is a bit disappointing when profiles are not fully utilized.

I would of hoped that my thread http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51580&postcount=1 would of got the members to provide more information and albums.

Maybe a sticky could be made in the newbie section about the benefits of having a completed profile.

(and age too but age is not part of the profile!!!!).

The age is usually listed in the "Mini Statistics" window of the persons profile. (Top right)

If you wish to add this information:

To add this information, click on "Quick Links", then click on "Edit Your Details". This will give you a few options for displaying your age.

The age is usually listed in the "Mini Statistics" window of the persons profile. (Top right).

This is true thanks but in my case most often when I check out an SP either only the day and month of birth is there (not the year or actual age), or there is no info at all.

This is true thanks but in my case most often when I check out an SP either only the day and month of birth is there (not the year or actual age), or there is no info at all.

I hear you SA. I have seen it myself.

In my case I move on if the person is not comfortable sharing their age. It is just a number after all. Nothing to be afraid of. :icon_wink:

Edited by jafo105

I hear you SP. I have seen it myself.

In my case I move on if the person is not comfortable sharing their age. It is just a number after all. Nothing to be afraid of. :icon_wink:

I would beg to differ on this age thing. Having 25 years in this industry it can hurt more than help to put ones exact age out there.

I am someone that doesn't have my profile filled out. I may do it, but it isn't something I feel inclined to do. I do not need to have my "information" out there for anyone to peruse at their leisure. If someone is curious about me, they can simply ask me. I've never been a supporter of the "wide open" methods of promotion, it undermines the dance of seduction for me personally. I don't enjoy seeing every little detail either in photograph or word, I prefer to allow the imagination to tantilize my thoughts of someone. It's the communication between two people that is key and reading a persons stats on a page is a one dimensional view. I understand it is a good jump off point for some but it doesn't ensure that you won't miss a great connection or have an experience that falls short.

cat

• Like 3

At the very least I wish hobbiests and sp's could indicate which group they belong to, there are a lot of sp's who list them selves as hobbiests!! The rest of the details aren't as important to me. I can usually get a good sense for who someone is from their posts and if I want to know more, I ask.

• Like 2

I'm afraid I have to question your logic here. If age ain't nothing but a number, why is not knowing it reason for you to move on? :???:

I'm with you on the second bit... but not having an age or a date of birth on a profile is no reason not to investigate further, IMHO.

• Like 2

Guest jake_cdn

Read your post and realized that I am guilty of this as much as anyone else.

I do read the profiles on this board.

Thanks for pointing this out.

I would beg to differ on this age thing. Having 25 years in this industry it can hurt more than help to put ones exact age out there.

cat

I'm afraid I have to question your logic here. If age ain't nothing but a number, why is not knowing it reason for you to move on? :???:

Cat and Phaedrus,

I wish to apologies for not responding to your comments sooner.

Cat,

I wish to offer you another apology, for my comments. I did not realize at the time this would be considered a "flame". I should have put more thought and better judgment into my remarks.

Phaedrus,

I try to avoid contacting SP's outside of my comfort age range. Which happens to be mid 30's to mid 40's.

Again I wish to offer my apologies to both of you and to any Cerbites that also found my remarks out of line. I will make it a point to put more thought and better judgment into my posts.

I listed my hobbies under general interest and never thought of putting down anything about my session. Yes, my sessions interest me, but think this question on a more personal level. It can be misleading? : )

I have mine filled out. I know it is considered impolite in some circles to ask a lady her age, but I kinda like knowing the lady's age. And at least for this guy, younger is not better, my comfort zone for a lady is 25 years and up

I'm just (and this is just me mind you) uncomfortable with any lady under 25, and definitely no way to any teenagers (18-19 years old)

Just some additional thoughts from a guy approaching 50

RG

Hello JAFO,

I couldn't resist checking out your profile, just to see if you actually practice what you preach - seems you do. I find you a trifle vague though: with some 600 years of recorded (one way or another) classical music available, couldn't you have been a little more specific? Same goes for tea, actually. I hope you know that I'm just pulling your leg.

I actually took your comment about "moving on" concerning the question of age to mean that you simply moved on within that particular profile. I offer free spin recovery lessons to members, if you're interested. Is there a "tongue in cheek" happy-face icon in the supplied assortment, which I could use here?

I'm glad the designers used the term "Gender" rather than "Sex", or I would most probably have put down something like "not enough".

To your main points, I couldn't agree more - for all your stated rationale, and I certainly needed the reminder. I have no excuse for not having filled out my own profile yet, but please bear with me; as a newbie on CERB, I'm still learning how to find where the ladies hide in this often confusing and convoluted, yet already cherished site.

Cheers, and thanks for the post.

ha ha.. just realized I had N/A for gender.. fixed it.

Yeah, like we couldn't tell from your pics Carrie! You are definitely all woman!! :boobeyes:

Okay I finally put in some details for myself. Not much yet, but it's a start.

K, I tried to update and add things that would tell a little about me, eg; I enjoy Baroque, Classical, and Jazz, and popular 40s and 50s and 60s music,

but, there is not enough room. I did not even get to the really good stuff

So, we have to, in 10 words or less, say something succinct about our personalities?