Mark Your Calenders Ladies and Gentlemen.. Cerb Social Thurs May 5

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen of Cerb,

Mark your calendars as Thursday May 5 is the next tentative date for the unofficial Cerb Spring Fling Social for those wanting to attend.

More info will be posted in the next few weeks regarding ticket sales ( cost and number of tickets we will be selling), venue, etc, etc.

Please note that this is not a Cerb sponsered party so please do not bother the Mod about this upcoming event.

I, ( Nicolette Vaughn a.k.a Nicki) will be hosting this upcoming social while Angela of Ottawa and Carrie Moon will be assisting me in various duties to make this event happen.

To ensure continued success of these socials and to make them even better, I will ask that you PM me in the next few weeks if you are interested in coming to the party. Please remember that tickets will be limited so it's best to secure a spot in advance. This will give me an idea of how many people would like to attend.

Thank-you for your consideration and I hope to make this party as good or even better than the last one.

I look forward to seeing you on May 5!

Sincerely,

Nicolette Vaughn

YAY! I will be there for sure! I'll be back in the country April 20 and it's my birthday Apri 28! It will be so nice to see all your faces when I get back!

I hate to be a party pooper.. but I'm re-thinking attending the next social. It has come to light from management today that several ladies were talking inappropriately about our line of work in the washrooms as well as outdoor where other patrons could view/hear as well as engaging in other inappropriate activities.

Unfortunately we are no longer welcome at this location as a result. I had such a good time at the party and am often oblivious and naive about such activities.. takes a few individuals to spoil it for everyone. Since I don't know who the parties were that ruined it.. it makes it difficult to weed them out for future events.

I hate to be a party pooper.. but I'm re-thinking attending the next social. It has come to light from management today that several ladies were talking inappropriately about our line of work in the washrooms as well as outdoor where other patrons could view/hear as well as engaging in other inappropriate activities.

Unfortunately we are no longer welcome at this location as a result. I had such a good time at the party and am often oblivious and naive about such activities.. takes a few individuals to spoil it for everyone. Since I don't know who the parties were that ruined it.. it makes it difficult to weed them out for future events.

always a few bad apples in the bunch to spoil it for some

always a few bad apples in the bunch to spoil it for some

Thankfully many other fruity concoctions were had.. so no more apples.. bananas only!

carmen_miranda.jpg

• Like 1

Well I didn't even going to the washroom !

If I had and heard , I would reminded them we we're in public .

Yes carrie a few bad apples certainly ruined it.. Inappropriate actions in the washroom, drunken behavior. There certainly needs to be a code of conduct and some need to use a little discretion . It certainly ruins it for those that organized it.

Edited by ottanon

Guest k***na

I really hope that another cerb social can be organized in the future. I had a great time and its too bad that there are inconsiderate ppl out there. inappropriate behavior???? are you serious??? in a public place in downtown??,hahhaahha WOW,you cant be kidding me. I'm sure its the same people who probably weren't discreet about what our social was for..

Edited by k***na

I don't want to come across as preachy here but since I will be heading this one up, I will ask that you adhere to a certain code of conduct and act accordingly which the majority of you did at the last event. We are all adults and have to realize that what you may think is appropriate in this industry may not be considered socially acceptable to others. Please remember that there will be other patrons and staff at the next venue and they all have eyes and ears and can see and hear what's going on. You put us all at risk when this happens and most of us are discrete in the business and hobby so I ask the same of you when you attend.

While 95% of the group from cerb were great at the last party, it only took a small number of people to ruin it for us and not being able to go back to that location. And it was a perfect location. I would certainly hate to see future socials cancelled as a result. If you're going to engage in inappropriate activites, please do it off the premises. Thank-you for attention regarding this matter. I would really like to make this party a success and avoid any altercations this time around as I will be trying to protect everyone's best interest here. The staff or other patrons do not need to know the nature of our party.

Carrie, I really hope I can twist your arm and convince you to attend. It won't be the same without you!

Clearly I left before the fireworks. I had no idea that things got out of hand or that we had been banned from that location. It's too bad, because it was a great spot!

I really would have expected people to know better than to act in a manner that would put us in this kind of a predicament.

I actually thought more than once that evening that it would be interesting to see what was going through the servers' minds.

Thankfully there were no fireworks.. the management was very helpful and discrete. In general they liked us a group.

Some people have come forward to expose the individuals responsible for tarnishing it for the rest of us.. so I am feeling confident we can try again at a new venue with those individuals responsible banned from future parties we organize.. so long as the rest of us are somewhat vigilant in keeping that responsibility up :)

I enjoyed myself as well as the date that I brought along. It was my second social and it was fun meeting new people. Let's hope we can weed out the problems and just have afun nite without misappropriate conduct from a few individuals. That is why we have Private Chat, let's keep it that way. Nobody has to flaunt anything at these functions.

I had a great time at the party, too bad we won't be able to go to that location anymore. Could I make a somewhat discretion related suggestion: I think it might be wise to change the name of the gathering, i.e. it was posted as the "***** party" (name intentionally left out) at the venue, if you do a google search this site comes up pretty quickly. It probably should be changed to something more innocuous and the participants told by PM in advance, just a thought.

Could I make a somewhat discretion related suggestion: I think it might be wise to change the name of the gathering, i.e. it was posted as the "***** party" (name intentionally left out) at the venue, if you do a google search this site comes up pretty quickly..

Wow.. good point!

While I was not at the last social, word gets around and I have not been planning to attend any socials as a result. But, I would totally attend if the offending parties were banned from coming. Plus, it's not during school, hooray!

I had a great time at the party, too bad we won't be able to go to that location anymore. Could I make a somewhat discretion related suggestion: I think it might be wise to change the name of the gathering, i.e. it was posted as the "***** party" (name intentionally left out) at the venue, if you do a google search this site comes up pretty quickly. It probably should be changed to something more innocuous and the participants told by PM in advance, just a thought.

The name of the party will be changed and won't be anything related to this board. Once tickets are booked and paid for, the name of the party will be told in private.

I can't make it on another Thursday. Sorry ALL! If it had been a weekend, I would have been happy to come!

Too bad shortcake, it will be so unfortunate.

Additional Comments:

Hey Nicki, great of you to step up an offer. I plan to be there, and hope that everyone has learnt from the past. Too bad we need a new venue, the last one was perfect in that it was a separate room and quite isolated from other areas. Hopefully we can find something as nice, and that we can enjoy like the last.

• Like 1