Where can you see you good Burlesque show these days

The movie Burlesque has I believed, rekindled an interest in this wonderful art form.

I was speaking with a friend of mine who is now in her 60s who told me when she used to what was called a "strip tease" and that it was classy, sassy and real entertainment. She said she spent a fortune on costumes and weeks perfecting her routines, but it was worth it. It was burlesque.

It would be great to see some live Burlesque without having to break the bank to fly to Las Vegas or somewhere similar.

Anyone know where to catch modern-day burlesque show (here in Ottawa, would be great).

Rockabilly Burlesque!

Posted via Mobile Device

Ya these ladies are awesome! I think it's Rockalilly though (not billy). Saw them a couple years back and looooved them

• Like 1

yes those are awesome!

Also Sin Sisters and Capital Tease.

Capital Tease are having a show this Friday at Cirque Noir. The ticket is 12$. I am going to be there, but doing something else.:D

Mingle Mangle this Saturday - Ladies, please come on out, get a free membership to CMJ with the purchase of a couples ticket.

Gentleman - thinking about joining CMJ? Come see what all the fuss is about and call us now to reserve a seat at the show. Discounted memberships with the purchase of a ticket.

Call now

I will see you for the 8pm on Saturday!!!!!!! I am sooooo excited!

cat

Any shows earlier than 8pm?

Yes there is, from their web site Megan there is a 1200pm,200pm,400pm,600pm,800pm and possibly a 1000pm show :)

Thank you to everyone who attended our sold our Mingle Mangle Show on Saturday - it was a huge success... We were also able to collect $80 in donations for POWER in support of the all important legal case.

Be sure to keep an eye out for our next show.

Put me down for the next show. I'm sorry I couldn't make this one. Those who went told me it was an absolute blast.

There's also a group in Ottawa called "The Muffin Tops" - similar to Rockalily Burlesque - but I haven't seem them around in a while.

Has anyone else seen a show by them in the past year? When Rockalily started to get popular in Ottawa they sort of fell off the map...

There's also a group in Ottawa called "The Muffin Tops"

I've heard it said before that the difference between strippers and burlesque performers is about 40 pounds, and that name sounds like there's some truth to that! :)

Guest S**a*Q

I was at the Mavericks show too. :D

It was Capital Tease and another burlesque troup.

It was awesome!!!

I was also at the Maveric show:) It was pretty amazing, it wasn't my first burlesque show but I saw some stuffs there that I was pretty amaze to see it was fun:)

The next Mingle Mangle Show is June 9th - show at 6 pm, 8 pm and 10:30

Update:

I am in discussion with the star of the Montreal Burlesque Festival, Scarlett James, to come to Club Madellyn Jae for our next Mingle Mangle Show June 9th and feature in a 2 pm and 4 pm or 2 pm and the 6 pm show.

http://www.montrealburlesquefestival.ca/home.html

http://www.behance.net/ScarlettJames

http://kaonlinemagazine.com/ka-profiles/scarlett-james-queen-of-burlesque/

http://photos.linternaute.com/photo/1358391/1009916506/1718/festival-burlesque-de-montreal/

Tickets are RSVP only * Advance Ticket Discounts

I've seen a few in town and they vary in production value greatly. The best I'd ever seen was Rockalily a year ago, but their best dancers are now with Capital Tease.

I have had a request by a CMJ coupled member to try and get a few couples together for one of the Mingle Mange Shows.

An attractive & fit couple mid/late 30's. Any other coupled member's interested in attending the same show time please PM me for details.