Pepsi or Coca-Cola?

I think all this pop is where the hangovers really come from, moreso than the liquor.

Either way, Carrie Moon had the best post on the subject, go back and reread it if you missed it or didn't learn from it. Pop is the nastiest shit out there, especially diet anything...I'll start smoking again before I'll drink that filth...it's one of those things that make me angry that my tax dollars pay for healthcare. I take care of my body, I should pay less. A lot less, apparently.

FFOL, aspartame was invented to be a neurotoxin. It was intended for use as a weapon. They just never intended for people to use it on themselves.

You know, reading this thread, it's been a couple years since I had a soda (Dr. Pepper), and brought back memories, so I had one today..................

YUCK!!! sickly sweet...one sip, dumped it out

I'll take coffee (and I know, bad for you) any day

or water, or fruit juice, or milk, or 0% alcohol beer (can't touch alcohol)

RG

I recall being served rum and coke by some lovely ladies - but lately, none of that for me.

The rum and coke, or the lovely ladies? hehe

:p

I recall being served rum and coke by some lovely ladies - but lately, none of that for me.

The rum and coke, or the lovely ladies? hehe

:p

I meant the rum and coke - I still have my fair share of lovely ladies. :razz: Hah hah hah !!

Guest jake_cdn

A Pepsi and a Mae West (or Joe Louis)

Edited by jake_cdn

And I will never drink diet-anything. Aspartame is DISGUSTING.

Amen to that. Fully-sugared unhealthiness or GTFO :)

But I really don't drink sodas much at all... most of what I drink is either water, fruit juice or completely natural beverages that have undergone the influence of certain useful micro-organisms :)

Guest W***ledi*Time

Yes, the brand of cola doesn't matter to me. But I will not drink diet soda of any variety. The wicked aspartame headaches quickly and permanently cured me of my personal diet cola experiment. Real sugar for me.

Guest Ou**or**n

It's hard to find colas with real cane sugar but they are a step above the high fructose corn syrup that is passed off for 'real' sugar these days. Some special runs of coke are still made with cane sugar. I know when I traveled to Asia a few countries there still used cane sugar when making colas.

Guest W***ledi*Time

I have a food manufacturing background, so sucrose, glucose, fructose, dextrose, etc. (i.e mono- or di-saccharides) are all real sugar and they're all fine by me. Call me a cola-egalitarian! Cane-origin may be the Cadillac of sucroses, though.

Brio is amazing... not so sweet and a great bite!

I agree Brio rocks!!.. I had it a few years ago and really enjoy it with Pizza.. I know pizza pizza carries it.. and some grocery stores.. They actually have a lemon and orange one and they are all really good. The italians got it right..

Quick note.. Pepsi just came out with the retro "throwback" version in the original can design with real sugar and it does taste better for sure.

I really know that aspartame is bad, and it's hard to quit the cola (borderline addict for sure)

I used to drink the regular pepsi.. (like 6 cans a day!!) and when I quit I dropped 23 lbs.. so it really is alot of empty calories..

I really know that aspartame is bad, and it's hard to quit the cola (borderline addict for sure)

I used to drink the regular pepsi.. (like 6 cans a day!!) and when I quit I dropped 23 lbs.. so it really is alot of empty calories..

I hear you. I quit drinking regular coke and switched to diet but for some weird reason, i started losing weight drinking regular coke but didn't on diet. Regular coke also doesn't upset my stomach but I don't like the thought of all that sugar. I drink about 2 cans a day but burn through it quickly but also follow up by drinking 6-8 glasses of water every day. Since I don't drink coffee I rely on the caffiene to keep me going.

People here definitely have their views on these types of drinks as they are entitled to their opinion but the way I see it we all have some sort of vice and I am just thankful in my situation it is not tobacco, alcohol or drug addictions which are much more harmful. I don't feel guilty at all for drinking this.

Aren't they the same thing? I'm straight as well, so the thought of either one of those going into my mouth is...whoa, whoa, whoa, wait, hold on a second! Totally skimmed over that question, it's not Cock vs Penis! Coming here I guess I was expecting a different type of questionnaire for some reason :confused0024:

Coke all the way, not even an option in my books. Hell, I don't even like mixing alcohol with it, it's perfect on it's own. Although that reminds me of Cherry Coke - loved that stuff, but can you still get it anywhere? It used to be that it was one of those products inconsistently showing up here and there, but I haven't seen it anywhere for a very long time now. Shitty.

Guest **cely***r***ne

Does anyone remember the soda that had little jelly balls that floated in it like a lava lamp? I dont know if this was a east coast thing or not...but it was some good soda.

Also strawberry soda was real good too.

There is a reason I prefer Coke over Pepsi.

Coke:

97162_kate-beckinsale-shoots-a-coca-cola-ad-in-a-sexy-black-bikini.jpg

Pepsi:

rainpepsibiU638P28T3D1156079F358DT2.jpg

Well I'll swing the votes to pepsi now

RG

BTW I don't even drink pop anymore, just thrown in for fun

OOOOH coke!!! hands down.. ( enjoying one as we speak ) .. but my TRUE love is Rockstar-- :) (( energy drink )) heheheh :D

Which do you perfer? Ether to drink straight or to mix with booze? Personally, I enjoy Coca-Cola......

Coke over Pepsi. Just the cola's don't drink anymore. As for Ginger Ale Canada Dry over Scheppes.