Change is hard but lets give it some time...

I didn't want to put this in the sticky thread because this is not about bugs in the new site.

I have seen many get their panties a little twisted because of this change in the site. I can say that with any site change over, there are bugs that take a couple of weeks to straighten out sometimes. 

So please, before you get all pissed, say this sucks and storm off with your keyboard in hand, just wait it out a bit, come back every couple of days, find bugs and report them in this thread, 

and maybe give the admin team here a bit of a break while they make all the changes and fixes. This site has given to so many, for FREE I might add, the least we can do is give them a little time to work on this with us.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

You're not wrong, but I don't see the change as an improvement. A change this drastic should be more positive than negative.

I'll come back in a couple of months to see if the UX/security/other has improved.

• Like 2

There's definitely an adjustment period required. But most of the changes are easy to understand and quite instinctives.

Complaints and bugs are addressed quickly and I see more positive than negatives in the new interface.

Go team Lyla.

I second the go team lyla comment. Besides, many of us are coming in to help time to time. For heavens sake the other day somebody was freaking out at Mod about pictures when for the past few years other MAs And Providers all over the country could have screenshot from their phones or print-screen from the computer. I forget who it was nor do I care, but I know in my heart of hearts some people don’t even know about phone screenshots. The proof is in the way the discussion went. Anyway, everyone should chill out and let the powers that be do their stuff, and anyone who doesn’t like it, the exit door is close by. Be polite when asking for help, especially when the price is right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, KendraDee said:

I rather like the new look when I’m using it on my phone, at least so far 🙂

Me too. Very clean looking. 

I use to struggle reading before because of a vision impairment. Making the site cleaner makes it more accessible for people like me with visual disablitilies. 

There are other accessibility features for others with different disabilities as well that older sites do not have because hey have not updated software. 

• Like 2

I've intentionally reserved judgement on the changes because I recognize that I have a tendency to resist change in all of its forms. When it comes to computer programs in particular, I get frustrated when I can't figure out how to do basic functions that I already knew how to do before. (I've been known to get angry when my phone updates and the functions change.) Compound this with the fact that I've been using this site regularly for 9 odd years and have gotten quite used to it being the way it was. Kind of like another home.

That said, I do recognize that this is a 'me' issue. 😉 I know that change is necessary, especially when technology is changing so quickly.

I'm happy to say that I'm starting to get used to the new format, and that while I still struggle with my 'relearning' at times, I think the changes overall will be positive once I catch up. I can't imagine the work involved with such a transition, but I applaud the mods for their efforts. They have made it very clear since the changeover that they want to work with the members to ensure that everyone is happy, and they have obviously been working diligently to at least try to do so. 

Keep up the good work.

• Thanks 3

I am afraid this site transformation will just kill Lyla finally. It was well known, familiar, warm place and now it is not recognizable at all.

People will go away and don't return....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tempted Monk said:

I am afraid this site transformation will just kill Lyla finally. It was well known, familiar, warm place and now it is not recognizable at all.

The learning curve is not that steep and there an official thread for those with problems and recommendations.

If the transition would have been nightmarish I would understand your point. But it's been quite smooth with minor adjustments.

In a week or two, it will be business as usual. Just be patient.

21 minutes ago, Greenteal said:

The learning curve is not that steep and there an official thread for those with problems and recommendations.

If the transition would have been nightmarish I would understand your point. But it's been quite smooth with minor adjustments.

In a week or two, it will be business as usual. Just be patient.

I agree. I'm still struggling (even my 60 yo eyesight is challenged) but I'm getting there. Realistically it is astounding that the previous lyla format lasted as long as it did. I'm very fond of cerb/lyla as they were my introduction to this lifestyle and I'm committed to learning the new ropes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, Tempted Monk said:

Hmmm, I don't think so. 

I think that new people would have been scared off the old tech the site was running. 

More and more new new people are younger and use to higher levels of software and site usability with great UI experiences. If they can't have those, they don't bother. Lyla was pretty behind the times in the that regard. 

Now lyla offers features in away no other review board does. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

18 hours ago, Jessica Rain said:

Hmmm, I don't think so. 

I think that new people would have been scared off the old tech the site was running. 

More and more new new people are younger and use to higher levels of software and site usability with great UI experiences. If they can't have those, they don't bother. Lyla was pretty behind the times in the that regard. 

Now lyla offers features in away no other review board does. 

Technology is under the hood, look and feel has nothing to do with technology used and new features. I think it would be better to keep it a little bit more consistent with previous appearance. It is now too plane and grey and difficult to read and navigate because of this. Look at this thread - the only Jessica's signature is something what looks attractive LOL

And Lyla is practically dead in Toronto. I posted my last recommendation in March and it is still on the top of the list. Nobody posts in Toronto area. And I don't think new plain and gray site look will attract more new people.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tempted Monk said:

And Lyla is practically dead in Toronto. I posted my last recommendation in March and it is still on the top of the list. Nobody posts in Toronto area. And I don't think new plain and gray site look will attract more new people.

This has nothing to do with the update. Lyla is not popular in every cities and regions. It's up to you to find the message board that better serve your area.

2 hours ago, Tempted Monk said:

Technology is under the hood, look and feel has nothing to do with technology used and new features. I think it would be better to keep it a little bit more consistent with previous appearance. It is now too plane and grey and difficult to read and navigate because of this. Look at this thread - the only Jessica's signature is something what looks attractive LOL

Now see, as someone with a visual impairment, I find this look much easier to read. 

Funny how that works different for each person but for me, it is great. Accessibility feature included in this software (invision vrs vBulletin) is much better all around. At least in regards to updated software. Other board have not updated their software and therefore some of the accessibility features are just not there. 

These are things that work with different. browsers for people with disabilities. 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2018 at 8:43 AM, Tempted Monk said:

That's a good point, but we didn't switch this site over until July 20th, that means there was months before the change - so the change over has nothing to do with the Toronto section being dead - our hope is the change will revitalize the whole site - not just a section 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Since the changeover to the new platform, I’m slowly but surely becoming more accustomed to it. Given the fact that a lot of us have only had experience with the old site for 10 years plus, a learning curve is to be expected. However, Cerbmod and others behind the scenes are making a concerted effort to make it as viable as possible for all of us. I really appreciate the posts asking members for their input. I am confident that in time, the ‘new’ Lyla will ultimately surpass what we had previously.

• Like 1

I have been away from CERB for several months and was surprised to see the change. I have no issues with the new look. The same cool people seem to be here plus some new and positive people. For me its the people and the stimulating and creative discussion that CERB is about not the look. As long as that keeps up its all good. 

• Like 4

I wish CERB every success as it evolves.

Look & feel is one positive step.

Relevance is a bit of a challenge at this point. Attract the audience and sponsors will follow.

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:43 AM, Tempted Monk said:

Well one, I'm back after a sabbatical so guess the forum's format didn't scare me (and I knew what it was like before asking to come back)

As for Toronto, well most of the time I see ladies in Toronto so the Toronto section might get a few new posts

Glitches, got some merging my old profile with my new one but Mod dealt with it and they look fixed to me.

A rambling

RG