Hey ladies!

I used to work at a parlour and am now going independent. Anyone have any pointers for reliable screening methods?  Any help would be appreciated!

Don’t accept texting apps and you will wipe out a lot of time wasters, no shows and address collectors. Your call volume may be lower by you will get legit clients. Always stress the fact that you’re discreet esp in not calling them back if you’ve missed their call. 

Never book simply by text. Always ask to speak with them as you never know who you’re talking to. Never give it the address by text as someone’s wife may find it if they’re careless. Give the address by phone and there is no hard trail. If they refuse to call you to book, you know you have yourself a guaranteed wot. A serious potential client will always follow and respect our protocol. 

Always give them landmark to get them to call you when they are in the area. Again, address collectors always push for the address right away. If someone is too pushy, this raises red flags.

”Avail?” “ Hey” , “Rates, service, location?” I always tell potential clients that a brief introduction will always get a quick response from me. I don’t answer people who can’t be bothered to at least string a few sentences together.

When I do advertise from time to time, my call volume is lower but I always get nice clients with no b.s. or any hassle. I don’t care about losing money for people texting who may or may not show up. I’m looking for quality not quantity.

If you take the appropriate measures above, I can guarantee you will get good clients. Don’t settle for wanting to get a high call volume on the phone or by text because the actual appts these people may dangle in front of you might not happen. Until they are there in the room with you and everything is taken care of,  nothing is certain. 

Edited by Nicolette Vaughn
  • Like 5

I forgot to mention that every SP has her own way of screening. One way isnt better than the other.

Some ask for references, some want board handles, others request work number or a LinkedIn page. I prefer to speak with them as my intuition is very good. I always listen to my instincts and have always been correct in my assessments. 

If you are looking to advertise same day, the reference way of screening won’t be of any use as this could take a few days. There are ways to check for texting apps so pm me if you need help on that end.

If you are just starting out on your own, you don’t want to be inundated with wots and the like while  trying to book appts that could potentially turn into a nightmare. I always tell new ladies who have asked for my advice is to not chase the dollars too quickly. Slow and steady always wins the races and protects you more. You will build up an established clientele if you take the time to do your due diligence and that includes screening.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks so much for taking the time to give this thoughtful response!  I get a bad vibe from the short pms, emails, and text messages and If I ever bother to respond, it’s usually with questions, not answers. 

I’ll pm you about the messaging apps as well! 💜

• Like 3

Kendra Dee. Welcome!  I’m glad it’s the short communication that concerns you. Unlike others, I don’t mind writing publicly about texting apps. There’s been way too much of a divide on this issue and quite frankly people sneak their agendas in every other post when the original question has nothing to even do with texting apps (not referring to this one per se). The constant mention of it isn’t just about security, it comes from a lack of understanding. I went through pages giving different scenarios and even though two providers kept pressing about it, many others understand it. It’s simple. There are apps that use different numbers from the actual phone number. That may cause concern for you, which I understand. The ones that use the same exact phone number as their phone are fine. If you really have to, ask the person through their app if you can call them regular style by punching in that same phone number and dialing. Then you will know it’s the same person who just called you using the app (same voice and same conversation from moments ago via app etc). The reason why some of us use these apps is because they don’t appear on the electronic phone bill like texts and calls. Having said that, when we receive that call from a provider, we keep it real quick and say “wrong number called our phone” if we are questioned about it. The duration of the call appears on the electronic which is why some of us have to be ultra quick. Most who are getting to know the right apps to use trust us senior members and won’t even put us through a call that appears on the electronic bill. There is way to much negative influence from people who don’t have the right apps or lack the understanding (not referring to anyone specifically). I will agree with Nicki on the security and time wasters etc, but I won’t relate them just/specifically to texting apps. They come in all forms. I respect Nicki given her comprehensive thoughts on many issues, but I doubt we will agree on this one any time soon. Having said that, others who have disagreed on this issue have come to learn about the right apps and come to the new side of staying with the times and still having both the provider’s security and our privacy protected. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the extra info Hukupp.  I’m not sure how I feel about texting apps specifically, but although I do understand people wanting to protect their privacy, the reality is there has to be a certain amount of trust in these relationships.  Hiding ones identity is ok when you’re just feeling the other person out for compatibility, but the decision to meet requires that both parties feel comfortable. In my case, I’d like to feel reassured that the person wanting to meet isn’t going to hurt or out me, and I guess there are concerns on the other side in those ways as well. As someone who would never put a clients personal information at risk, my own safety and security come first.  So however someone contacts me, if it doesn’t feel right then a meeting won’t happen.  

I’m wondering now though, how you go about screening who you will meet?  How much communication is necessary and by what means before you feel comfortable?

• Like 1

Of course, you’re absolutely right. Has to feel comfortable by both parties, which is why I don’t ever influence somebody to change their protocol. Do what’s right for you. I just want to be sure new people and those that don’t know what’s available to them don’t hang on extreme dos and don’ts. As for answering your question, screening from my end is not difficult, especially since I look at many other sites to cross reference  who I’m going to see next for massage, wether it’s here or the many other sites available. If our protocols fit together, then it’s a go. Never had too much back and forth. Have a great day 

Guest L*v*ngL*f*2xoxo

How do you tell if it’s an app or a regular phone number?

On 7/31/2018 at 4:35 AM, Hukupp said:

The reason why some of us use these apps is because they don’t appear on the electronic phone bill like texts and calls. Having said that, when we receive that call from a provider, we keep it real quick and say “wrong number called our phone” if we are questioned about it. The duration of the call appears on the electronic which is why some of us have to be ultra quick.

So what's wrong with paying cash for a burner phone and using that?

Nothing is wrong per se, I’m just not willing to go out of my way to worry about and hide that phone when many MAs here and other sites use the well known apps that give both parties the comfort. In fact, the very reason why certain apps were invented were to make life easier. Anyhow, each to their own. No right or wrong, just preferences. 

On 7/31/2018 at 6:17 PM, LovingLife2xoxo said:

How do you tell if it’s an app or a regular phone number?

Send me a PM and I will tell you.

For the record, those telling me that they use texting app that shows they’re regular number and that you’ve given me comprehensive info, don’t bother. I’m not interested. Don’t try and convince me otherwise. This is how I conduct my business so please don’t argue or quote me on every single post regarding texting apps. Sure you may have a texting app that shows you’re real number but how many apps out there are NOT real? How many time wasters and no shows do we get every single day with these apps? You have less chances having to worry about bad things happening. I choose wisely on who I decide to see and texting apps are no different than a blocked number to me. That’s MY prerogative. You don’t go to work having to worry about being no showed, people wasting your time or worse. We do! So keep using your texting app and whatever makes you feel better but it does not make up for the fact that there are thousands more app numbers and users out there. The majority aren’t using their real number on an app so it doesn’t show up on a cell phone bill. Many do it to hide their identity.m for various reasons. Maybe for some because they are married which I understand. Others have an agenda whether it’s to waste our time or do something worse without accountability. So please respect providers who do not book through  these numbers and do not be giving lectures to me about how I don’t understand this concept. You are still choosing to use an app my friend but again it’s your choice. Not all clients have a problem giving their number to established providers. Trust is a two way street and if more of us demanded real numbers, men wouldn’t have a choice just as there were no texting apps in the past.

• Like 1

Nicolette. I get it. You are hot and bothered and you want me. It’s understandable 😆 

Imagine I was serious?  I already mentioned we would not agree with it so I’m kind of surprised with that tone heading into a beautiful long weekend. There is no targeting of anyone’s threads by the way. Don’t forget you referred to me about the app thing in another thread and I had the patience for a lot of back and forth and I did not feel targeted. Pretty sure I used the word respect the one time I referred to you. We can talk to others generally without mentioning each other’s names. As much as you don’t use my method, I’m allowed to want others to know what is out there. It was only a day or two ago that I started a positive thread about New Lyla features, especially with the way people have been writing to each other. Too much nastiness. I really hope you have great weekend filled with friends, lakes and wine and all the good stuff.

First you need to ask what you are screening against. 

Safety for sure, but that is a given. Screening is for all the other stuff too though. 

What type of client? What type of call volume? Where are you advertising? How are you wanting to book as in text or email? Do you have site? What services do you want to offer, which do you. It want to offer? What services do you enjoy being done to you? These all play. 

Screening is done through everything you do. From where you place your ads to what you place in them. To how you insist clients book with you, to how much money you charge. It is emcompassed in your marketing or at least should be. 

For example, I don't have my phone number posted anywhere. To easy for guys not to read and just send a text. That would drive me up the wall. I am a professional who feels that everyone should get a response and I will not get very far with replies like " my rates are on my site you fucking idiot". 

So no number in ads or on site. 

My site also does not list my email address anywhere. I have two online forms. One for general stuff, one for booking. You will see on my general contact, there is a limit option for contacting me this way. 

http://jessicarain.com/connect/

if you click the "reason for your email" you have an option of 4 choices. One which I will preach all women need to include which is contact from other ladies to request a reference. 

When you click the option, the form for what you want opens up. Makes life so much easier for me. 

So as you can see, I strictly control how I am contacted. That in itself screens out 50% of the tirekickers right there. 

Lastly, I have one public email address that I use in ads because men will be men and never read an ad. I don't check that email account at all. Never will. Instead it is set up to an autoresponder that replies to everyone with the same thing. 

"Thanks for contact me. My rates are here, my pics are there, you book me this way, and more questions can be found on this page. Blah blah blah." 

It is a professional response to remind clients how they can book me and where they can find the info. 

I will admit I have chuckled to myself a couple of times when cleaning that mailbox out. There have been a few men who have completely argued with themselves and my auto- responder. Hahahaha. 

So to sum up, screening should be in everything you do. It is meant to make life and work easier for you while ensuring you meet like minded clients. You should use screening to ensure your sessions are more enjoyable for you. The better you feel, the better service you give. 

No woman should ever apologize for their way of screening if it is done professionally with safety and service in mind. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest JamesB700
On 7/31/2018 at 1:15 PM, Hukupp said:

Of course, you’re absolutely right. Has to feel comfortable by both parties, which is why I don’t ever influence somebody to change their protocol. Do what’s right for you.

I agree with the essence of this.  Both sides need to take the time and put in the effort to do whatever is necessary to makes sure they are comfortable with the decisions they make as well as the situations they place themselves in.  If things don't feel right then there is a reason.  Take some time to figure out what it is and don't rush it..  That said at some point you will need to give some amount faith or trust on both sides.  You are responsible for you.  Take some time, get educated, be safe and have fun.

Thanks Jessica, that all makes a lot of sense, and I appreciate you sharing the info.  I haven’t really figured out the advertising part yet, as Backpage was the main place for that here.  Right now I’m just reconnecting with former regular clients for the most part, so screening hasn’t been an issue, but figuring out whether and how I will advertise is difficult.  Lyla isn’t super popular here, unfortunately, and Leolist seems to be filled with bots.  

On 8/5/2018 at 10:37 AM, KendraDee said:

Thanks Jessica, that all makes a lot of sense, and I appreciate you sharing the info.  I haven’t really figured out the advertising part yet, as Backpage was the main place for that here.  Right now I’m just reconnecting with former regular clients for the most part, so screening hasn’t been an issue, but figuring out whether and how I will advertise is difficult.  Lyla isn’t super popular here, unfortunately, and Leolist seems to be filled with bots.  

Starting with former clients is a great way to start in my opinion.... I missed your July message but hope to here from you again soon.

In regards to texting apps... they are here and there is not much that can be done about it. I use one and have never had a problem getting replies but I have always. Been willing to call the lady to confirm bookings and happy to give her my real number fort screening purposes.  The app is just needed to keep things confidential and I will not risk a second phone.

I respect any lady who chooses to not have app users as clients that is there right but would hope they would also respect the right of men to use the app if it works for them.

Best way to screen???....well as a client (potential client) who is the one who initiated contact (yes remember it's the clients who contacted the lady, not the lady who contacted him) the best way to screen is the one that works for the lady.  If her screening requirements aren't comfortable for a potential client, he shouldn't waste her time by even contacting her.

Beyond that not my position to say what screening method is best, just if I want to see a lady I'll give her all information she requests

My two cents

A rambling

RG

• Like 1