Angel is a scam

So last night got hustled out of 1200 from this chick named angel she is a fraud....looks nothing like her photos. said she had to use the washroom.20180512_185605.jpg

This may be. But if you gave such a large amount to someone who "looks nothing like her photos", you certainly need to share a fair part of the blame.

Sorry, but some lessons in life can sometimes be expensive.

$1200! Buddy I feel for you but what were you thinking. And how was she able to accomplish this. She's been posting for a while, assumed she was likely legit, but if her appearance didn't match the pics  I would never hand over that sum of money. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Neazy said:

I had accepted the way she looked...but I'm letting it known so it don't happen to anyone else.

First, I would never carry and even less give such a large amount of money to a complete stranger.

Second, Even when the rate reasonable, I'm very nitpicky. The fake pic should have been a dead giveaway something was wrong. The only situation you should "accept" it's by either completely renegotiating the deal or walk out.

And last, DO YOUR HOMEWORK! Someone asking that much absolutely requires a VERY SOLID reputation. If can't find any online, don't waste your time and even less your money.

It's nice for you to share. But the reality is that she'll post other ads with another name and other sets of fake pictures.

So the only advices are to do your homework and look for red flags. Otherwise the cycle will repeat itself.

Guest Prufrock Cummings
9 hours ago, onepound said:

$1200.... how? 

Yes, how?  What happened when she went to the washroom?  Did she crawl out the window?

21 hours ago, Neazy said:

I had accepted the way she looked...but I'm letting it known so it don't happen to anyone else.

The best way to make sure it doesn’t happen to anyone else is to not hand over the money and leave.  I know it can be difficult and awkward but you get use to it.  By giving her your money, you are basically saying to her “keep up the scam, it’s working”.  You are actually perpetuating this behaviour.   I’ve said it before many times in many other forums and I’ll say it again, if someone misrepresents themself keep your money and leave.   Th only reason bait and switch exists is because people allow it to.  

I wish everyone wouldn't pile on Neazy, you are just making him feel worse while stroking your own egos. It only discourages others from posting scams. Neazy's well aware of any mistakes he made, you telling him "he should have turned around" doesn't really help as you are only pointing out the obvious, he can replay the scenario in his head and think of a dozen things he'll do different next time. I've also dealt with providers who's pics didn't match (or I wasn't 100% sure) and still had a great time so you can treat it as a warning sign but it's not conclusive proof you're going to be scammed. 

Thanks Neazy for posting your experience, it's a shame it happened but I am glad you are warning others. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Rambler1980 said:

I wish everyone wouldn't pile on Neazy, you are just making him feel worse while stroking your own egos. It only discourages others from posting scams. Neazy's well aware of any mistakes he made, you telling him "he should have turned around" doesn't really help as you are only pointing out the obvious, he can replay the scenario in his head and think of a dozen things he'll do different next time. I've also dealt with providers who's pics didn't match (or I wasn't 100% sure) and still had a great time so you can treat it as a warning sign but it's not conclusive proof you're going to be scammed. 

Thanks Neazy for posting your experience, it's a shame it happened but I am glad you are warning others. 

First, he's the one who made it public(even if still relatively anonymous).

Second, the amount of mistakes he did are ridiculously high and deserve to be pointed out.

And finally, things could have been far worst as rarely con artists will pull this kind of thing by themselves. He could have lost a lot more including his life.

Most of us would have ended the meeting the second it was clear the pics were fake. He survived and should be grateful. 

Those of you saying to simply turn around and walk away, be careful with the assumption that there are no ramifications. I did just that in San Francisco one time in a hotel. The chick went batshit crazy and started yelling rape at the top of her lungs. I had to do a walk of shame through a hallway full of people coming out to rescue this chick. It is not a pleasant time, and puts you at risk of being arrested. I would have just paid the $1200 to avoid the situation. It sucks, but there are some evil people out there. 

1 hour ago, bornafire said:

Those of you saying to simply turn around and walk away, be careful with the assumption that there are no ramifications. I did just that in San Francisco one time in a hotel. The chick went batshit crazy and started yelling rape at the top of her lungs. I had to do a walk of shame through a hallway full of people coming out to rescue this chick. It is not a pleasant time, and puts you at risk of being arrested. I would have just paid the $1200 to avoid the situation. It sucks, but there are some evil people out there. 

In your example/situation I would have welcomed the cops. The "cry wolf/rape" strategy may work as a distraction to escape some situations. But as revenge, most times it tends to backfire. As I already mentioned, before spending this kind of money, you better make sure you're dealing with someone with a very solid reputation.

Edited by Guest