New Lyla: Features I Like

While there are many that I’d like to list, I’m curious to see some of the features some of you like about the new Lyla.  I love the fact that we can click on a selection of activities (I usually pick all) without even logging in.  It allows us to make an easier decision about logging in at that moment or later. 

What are the features some of you like?

• Like 2

I like the detailed activity page to follow in real time the new posts, replies and feedback. 

On 8/2/2018 at 11:01 PM, Phaedrus said:

I like that https seems to work properly now 🙂

Same here! 

• Thanks 1

I like the overall new design from a visual impairment and accessibility standpoint. 

Too many sites only think of able-bodied users, but some of these upgrades and design changes, lead to more users with accessibility issues, to access and use the site whereby they could not before. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I also love the recently used devices section where you can log out of a device.  THAT is a great feature and one that people who use multiple devices like me, should check on a regular basis. Just to be sure you are logged in and out of devices that are safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I find it way easier to post new pictures in the album and I love the new chat box. I think all around I like this version much better once I got used to maneuvering it :).

• Thanks 1

I like that PMs pop up immediately after logging in.  Hate missing messages and  seeming rude for not replying for a long time.

• Like 1

I have not posted another “like” since starting this thread. I like that we don’t get that classic error message where we have to wait 15 seconds before refreshing a page or actions alike.

On 8/1/2018 at 9:17 PM, Hukupp said:

I love the fact that we can click on a selection of activities (I usually pick all) without even logging in.  It allows us to make an easier decision about logging in at that moment or later. 

What are the features some of you like?

This,  plus one other feature I like best is an indication if someone you sent a PM to has read it or not yet. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Luckyme said:

This,  plus one other feature I like best is an indication if someone you sent a PM to has read it or not yet. 

I tried to find out how to see that, can you elaborate on how to find out?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NotchJohnson said:

I tried to find out how to see that, can you elaborate on how to find out?

Here it goes-  once you have logged in, at the top of your profile page, beside your handle, click on the envelop icon.  A list will show up with all the PMs ( organised in a dialogue format) you have written with the other person. Click on the dialogue you are interested in, it will open up with all private messages exchanged between you and the addressee.   You will see this line near the top -

2 members active in this conversation (including you) 

Just below you will see two handles - the person you are corresponding with and your own, assuming that you are corresponding with only one other person.  If you have written to that person ( the addressee) and want to know if they have read your message or not, it will indicate under that person's handle. It will read - "Read   x hrs ago"  if the message has been read, and " Not read yet" .

Kind of winded, but hope it helps.

• Thanks 3

Sorry, the above seems to work only if the PM you have written to someone is the first PM. After that, there doesn't seem to have a "Not read yet"  indication even if you have written a new message back.  

Hope the mod. can improve on that.

• Thanks 1