Police round up 10 suspected johns in Moncton

Police round up 10 suspected johns in Moncton

10 men are arrested for allegedly trying to buy services from sex trade workers

CBC News · Posted: Aug 16, 2018 4:28 PM AT | Last Updated: 5 hours ago

rcmp.jpg
RCMP say the 10 men who were arrested in central Moncton were released on a promise to appear in court in November.

Ten men who allegedly tried to buy services from Moncton sex trade workers were arrested Wednesday as part of a police effort to curb prostitution in the city.

Police spent the evening in the central Moncton neighbourhood of Park, Dufferin and St. George streets, according to a news release from the RCMP.

The arrested men are from Moncton, Cap-Pelé, Petitcodiac, Irishtown and Sussex and are between 24 and 67 years old.

"We regularly conduct operations targeting individuals attempting to buy services from sex trade workers," Cpl. Jacques Cloutier said in the release.

He said the RCMP encourage people to report any vehicles stopping on a street if they believe it's someone trying to buy services from sex trade workers.

"We ask that they take note of the make, model and colour of the vehicle, if possible, the licence plate number," the release said.

All 10 men were released and are expected to be in Moncton provincial court on Nov. 15.

Consenting adults having sex! What is this world coming too!?  Seriously though, why is this still a thing ? I really thought that Pierre's kid would have taken care of this shit by now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is about street prostitution, which has always been illegal. When guys continue to support "car dates", they will continue to be arrested. 

I've driven the streets mentioned, and have seen the women working. You can see their obvious drug use and they can get quite aggressive to flag down potential clients. I don't believe there is real consent when a marginalized women needing a drug fix flags down a guy driving by. 

Just don't do it guys.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I really don't understand why guys would want to use that method of finding a date... nor would I want it on the street in my neighbourhood... I echo Meaghan's comment

• Thanks 2

All the more reason I wish and try to get people to enquire without explicit details! Eventho these operations tend to be only for the car date situations, its wise to stop asking for this and that! 

When we say romance time, cuddles, social engagement... Please use some imagination! Baseline is. It is illegal for you clients to soliciting sexual service! We sell our hosting and time only! Stop criminalizing yourselves! We dont like to answer these question to KEEP YOU SAFE. 

There I said it ...I feel better! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4