Tell us what features are Missing or that you want?

Hey Everyone, 

It's now been quite a while since we pushed the new version of the site, and everyone has had some time to get used to it and learn the tricks to this new system. When we first launched we had a thread that you could comment about what's missing, what's needed etc. and we used that to add or show you how to find those features as they may just be slightly different. 

What I'd like you to do now, is if you're now familiar with the site and you still feel something is missing, or something could really be used to make it more useful - please in as much detail as possible post that below. This will help us moving forward adding or improving the site - so we can get it where everyone is happy with it :). 

We greatly appreciate all your patience over this past couple months and we're hopeful that we can only keep improving Lyla! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The mobile version doesn't seem to have a link to providers gallery. What we post on our wall is, but the gallery seems to not be there. It works on a laptop, just the mobile version doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for everything you've done btw.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Meaghan McLeod said:

The mobile version doesn't seem to have a link to providers gallery. What we post on our wall is, but the gallery seems to not be there. It works on a laptop, just the mobile version doesn't seem to work.

It's there. 

You just have to scroll to where activity is and click the "v" down icon on the side. 

Opens clubs, albums, etc 

i am going to suggest some tutorial pages and instructions since many are not use to Invision software over VBulletin. Which is what most boards seems to use. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’d like to see the old ‘friends’ list and visitor profile messages restored in their original format. However, if that isn’t possible I completely understand. I also miss some of the old symbols that were present on the old site such as the crown, smilies etc.. I just thought of this as a way to make the new version seem a bit more familiar, that’s all...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If possible, it would still be nice to have a private notes page.  No requirement to transfer old notes, that ship has sailed, but a place to keep future notes would be handy.

• Like 2

Features that are used frequently should not be buried in multiple layers.  For example, if I want to see the list of people I'm following I have to go to the drop down menu, select "Managed Followed Content" (which sounds more like an edit function), and then look down a side bar to find members.  This is fine for less used functions, but something like this I would suggest should be available as either a button on your home page, or if you are trying to keep the page looking clean and uncluttered, then make more popular activities accessible directly from the drop down menu.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Prufrock Cummings

I liked the old base page where you could see newest members (so you could click and say 'hi'), top posters, hottest threads etc.  

14 hours ago, Jessica Rain said:

It's there. 

You just have to scroll to where activity is and click the "v" down icon on the side. 

Opens clubs, albums, etc 

i am going to suggest some tutorial pages and instructions since many are not use to Invision software over VBulletin. Which is what most boards seems to use. 

Thanks, now I see it.

• Like 2

It used to be that when you went to a thread, there was a very prominent button which said "go to first unread comment", or something like that. That seems like so obviously a beneficial feature that I am convinced I simply cannot find its current equivalent - but I cannot find its current equivalent! So I'd suggest either restoring that or making it more obvious.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Meaghan McLeod said:

Hey Meghan, 
While in a persons profile on mobile, if you click the Activity drop down it lets you switch to Albums - is this what you mean? 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, jafo105 said:

How about "Night Mode". So it is not so bright.

I'll see if that's possible, but couldn't you dim your screen 😉 lol. We will look into this though.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, drlove said:

I’d like to see the old ‘friends’ list and visitor profile messages restored in their original format. However, if that isn’t possible I completely understand. I also miss some of the old symbols that were present on the old site such as the crown, smilies etc.. I just thought of this as a way to make the new version seem a bit more familiar, that’s all...

Hey DrLove, 

We're still trying to bring many things back, and can't determine just yet what's possible and what isn't. We'll see what we can do, and see if we can expand on the symbols :).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, WildTiger said:

If possible, it would still be nice to have a private notes page.  No requirement to transfer old notes, that ship has sailed, but a place to keep future notes would be handy.

We're currently testing this out at the moment with the Mods and Independent Providers having access to it. So we're waiting to see if it works the way we believe it should before we push this to everyone on the site. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, WildTiger said:

Features that are used frequently should not be buried in multiple layers.  For example, if I want to see the list of people I'm following I have to go to the drop down menu, select "Managed Followed Content" (which sounds more like an edit function), and then look down a side bar to find members.  This is fine for less used functions, but something like this I would suggest should be available as either a button on your home page, or if you are trying to keep the page looking clean and uncluttered, then make more popular activities accessible directly from the drop down menu.

Hey WildTiger,

Have you looked in the activity stream? For me if I look at Activity Stream one of the options is "Members I follow" if you click that it should be everything they've done.

Let me know if that's not there for you. 

14 hours ago, Prufrock Cummings said:

I liked the old base page where you could see newest members (so you could click and say 'hi'), top posters, hottest threads etc.  

We'll look into this to see if there's something we can do. 

1 hour ago, dread pirate roberts said:

It used to be that when you went to a thread, there was a very prominent button which said "go to first unread comment", or something like that. That seems like so obviously a beneficial feature that I am convinced I simply cannot find its current equivalent - but I cannot find its current equivalent! So I'd suggest either restoring that or making it more obvious.

That definitely seems like a very useful tool, we'll look into that :). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cerbmod said:

Hey WildTiger,

Have you looked in the activity stream? For me if I look at Activity Stream one of the options is "Members I follow" if you click that it should be everything they've done.

Let me know if that's not there for you. 

I saw that but I liked how the old page allowed you to look at either posts started by people, in the case of SPs this was often their recent ads, or look to see what streams they commented on if you were trying to learn more about their personality.  In the new version I don't see a way to sort them.

• Like 1

Like previously raised by Jessica Rain in the question and issue thread, it would be nice to bring back the option of nominating posts for the "Bi-weekly Awards".

The forum and threads are still present:

https://www.lyla.ch/forum/138-thread-of-the-bi-weekly-awards/

But been inactive since July due to the inability to nominate posts since the update.

Will this feature return soon or simply be abandoned?

Thank you.

On 8/28/2018 at 2:12 PM, dread pirate roberts said:

I had the same problem right after the switchover.

Is this the first time you've been in since the cutover? I think they lost (or didn't transfer) all the details of when every user last looked at each thread on the board, which is fair enough - it must be a huge amount of data - but that means that on your first visit everything is unread (or read... I forget which). I found that on subsequent visits this stuff worked as expected. There's a star or a dot to the left of threads with new posts, and if you click that you'll get to the first unread post.

What I haven't yet figured out is the logic behind whether it's a star or a dot...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Phaedrus said:

There's a star or a dot to the left of threads with new posts, and if you click that you'll get to the first unread post.

What I haven't yet figured out is the logic behind whether it's a star or a dot...

I think a star signifies there is a new post ( or many ) in a thread you have participated in previously, whereas a dot means there's a new post in a thread you haven't posted anything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/28/2018 at 6:07 PM, Jessica Rain said:

Scroll to top button!!!!!

Pretty Pretty Please

I hate to burst your bubble Jessica, but that won't be a priority for a long time lol. On mobile you can click at the top of the phone to go to top and if you're on a computer using the scroll wheel or the side scrollbar is pretty straight forward :). I do see why you'd like it though - just being honest!

On 8/28/2018 at 6:07 PM, WildTiger said:

I saw that but I liked how the old page allowed you to look at either posts started by people, in the case of SPs this was often their recent ads, or look to see what streams they commented on if you were trying to learn more about their personality.  In the new version I don't see a way to sort them.

We'll look into this!

On 8/28/2018 at 7:12 PM, Greenteal said:

Like previously raised by Jessica Rain in the question and issue thread, it would be nice to bring back the option of nominating posts for the "Bi-weekly Awards".

The forum and threads are still present:

https://www.lyla.ch/forum/138-thread-of-the-bi-weekly-awards/

But been inactive since July due to the inability to nominate posts since the update.

Will this feature return soon or simply be abandoned?

Thank you.

I'll see if we can implement this.