Reflections On Ten Years...

On 9/3/2018 at 7:20 PM, drlove said:

Although it was no fault of his own, he insisted on sending over a lady at no charge to make it up to me....

That's a wonderful memory and story except I can't help but think that the lady they sent over wasn't paid for that ... When praising the people who run these enterprises as though it was a family run business, there is always a question when receiving anything free as these businesses rarely absorb any costs associated.

Sorry, it just stood out to me (and I've read of these incidences before) and there seems to be a pride in receiving 'good customer service' as though it was a regular business, like getting 3 tires and one free because the last time they didn't rotate your tires. Someone has to sacrifice and in this business it is not a product that was stored in warehouse but an actual person who needs to pay bills, not the business owner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Wow... although this happened about 17 years ago, I sincerely hope the lady was in fact compensated for her time by the owner. Such a thought hadn’t even occurred to me, given it would be terribly unfair to the lady in question... For what it’s worth, I did give her a generous tip.

Congrats on finding Cerb/Lyla 10 years ago and sticking around for that long.  In October it will be my 10th. year anniversary as well and I don't regret it at all either.   I have met some of the nicest lady on this site and like you drlove, only a very few disappointed me but not to the point of quitting.

Great story !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/20/2018 at 10:11 AM, NotchJohnson said:

Congrats on finding Cerb/Lyla 10 years ago and sticking around for that long.  In October it will be my 10th. year anniversary as well and I don't regret it at all either.   I have met some of the nicest lady on this site and like you drlove, only a very few disappointed me but not to the point of quitting.

Great story !

Thanks!

I'm sorry I missed your actual anniversary so Happy Belated Anniversary. Thanks for the great story and insight, I've always enjoyed your thoughts and posts. Here's to many more pleasurable and eye opening years!

• Thanks 1