I have social media account where my goal was not to be obvious and keep it from being taken down even before April.

I have done such a good job that I have 'regular' people following me. When trump threatened us, that he was going cost Canadians a lot of money (it was personal) I had to speak about  it on my social media. I had enough. He already affected me once and now he was going to purposely do it again. Obviously the message went beyond my tidy little world.

When regular ppl followed me I felt a little stiffled about any announcements of visits I would be making. I don't want to make 'regular' ppl uncomfortable with a realization of who they choose to follow :classic_ohmy:

What do I do?

Your account is for work purpose so post for work and if those regular people have an issue, they will unfollow. 

I made a comment on gardening and I had about 20 regular gardeners, one was like 75 years and female. 

I had boobs and nipples and everything hanging out and they still followed. I didn't change my stuff and some still follow, some don't. 

On twitter, I find more people are open minded enough to follow others they may not normally on say Facebook. 

My question to you would be, do you risk losing money for strangers on twitter? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2018 at 8:36 AM, Jessica Rain said:

My question to you would be, do you risk losing money for strangers on twitter? 

Thx for your input. I see it happens :classic_laugh:

I really want to understand what your question means but I am having trouble...can you pls elaborate? Sorry idk what that means (and I'm embarrassed by that)

My understanding is you don't know about posting tours when you have "regular" people following your twitter. It may be awkward for them or you later on. 

My question is what is more important to you?  Making money by promoting a tour or worrying about what complete strangers who are regular people on twitter? 

Basically - who is more important? You or them? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Like Jessica said, separating your personal life, opinions and political views from your occupation would certainly help. Using multiple accounts would make things a bit easier to manage. Your regulars don't need to know your opinion about everything. As long they can see when you're available things will be just fine.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Jessica Rain said:

My understanding is you don't know about posting tours when you have "regular" people following your twitter. It may be awkward for them or you later on. 

My question is what is more important to you?  Making money by promoting a tour or worrying about what complete strangers who are regular people on twitter? 

Basically - who is more important? You or them? 

oh okay 🤭... I see. Thanks 😃

Yea I don't think I get much from Twitter. Unless its the texts from like Quebec, BC, Alberta etc. But I put it up just because. But it also serves as a weird way to stay in touch with ppl I know. They read there. So I don't want to go off and use it for personal account. I had to stay controlled. (I'll let you in on a secret...I discovered I can troll right along with the best of them :classic_wink: I was in a mood the other day (over MaximeBernier) and I couldn't help myself)

But I still want to keep it for that purpose. But yes that was a good way to make me think about it that way...Thank you Jessica

Edited by TorontoMelanieJolliet
ad more

34 minutes ago, Greenteal said:

Like Jessica said, separating your personal life, opinions and political views from your occupation would certainly help. Using multiple accounts would make things a bit easier to manage. Your regulars don't need to know your opinion about everything. As long they can see when you're available things will be just fine.

Actually babe it works for me and mine. So no worries there. ...and I don't have an opinion on everything :classic_laugh: And coming out about trump actually was a good thing.... and I didn't see Jessica say ANYTHING about separating personal life, opinions, political views etc. She made absolutely no comment on how I run my Twitter or working or personal life. Maybe reading really is a lost art 🤔

4 minutes ago, TorontoMelanieJolliet said:

Actually babe it works for me and mine. So no worries there. ...and I don't have an opinion on everything :classic_laugh: And coming out about trump actually was a good thing.... and I didn't see Jessica say ANYTHING about separating personal life, opinions, political views etc. She made absolutely no comment on how I run my Twitter or working or personal life. Maybe reading really is a lost art 🤔

I may have misread and incorrectly extrapolated her comment. My bad 😧.   My point was simply that personal and professional lives are a bit easier to manage when kept separate. But if you can blend both well together, good for you.

Have a nice evening and sorry for the confusion.:classic_wink:

I was on Twitter but it was short lived. I wasn’t into social media to begin with even in my personal life but decided to give it a try. I enjoyed it at first but found it to be a big distraction. So I deleted it. I have gotten soooo many things done by not being on there. Maybe I’ll try again one day because my fan club is missing me over there lol. 

I had the same concerns as you as I didn’t want real life to slip over into my work life so I only made comments, followed people who were in the business. People who weren’t in the business followed me but I never made tweets to them or to people like Trump etc. Just follow other sex workers and don’t follow or tweet regular people if you really want to keep things separate.

People are going to judge either way but the only ones over there who make a big fuss about sex workers and criticize us are the rad fems who hate sexworkers.. I shut one of those women down pretty quick and misogynists who are everywhere.

• Like 1