We will be testing a few layout changes over the coming weeks, if you like something or dislike something - please use this thread to share your opinions. In this thread if you do have a negative opinion on something please express it in a polite and as professional a manner as possible. As we not only need your feedback we respect it so please be respectful with any negative feedback - it will be allowed in this thread. 

For now the changes we have made are: 

Moved the chatbox to its own page called "Chatbox" - will look into renaming this ads - as the page also has a list of the 30 most recent ad posts. 

Added a list of hot topics on the forum page. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The 'recent ads' thing is good. I like that you've added the 'only one post visible at a time' banner to the chatbox because some folks were double-posting on occasion.

I'm not sure about moving the chatbox off the front page. IIRC the original intent of it was to provide a place where people could say, "Hey! I'm available right now!"... and that was sort-of what it actually got used for :) Moving it to a less visible spot will decrease its effectiveness, and probably mean it gets used less.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

As of this version, I like this layout for the following reasons:

* It clearly shows the latest topics. I sorely missed that in previous layout versions.

* I love the Topic display options (Table, Grid, Fluid). I prefer the Fluid view.

* I'm of two minds about the Chatbox.  I like that it has it's own page & de-clutters the landing page (my preference). On the other hand, I agree with Phaedrus' POV. 

* I suggest compressing the right hand navigation check boxes. Give us the option to expand or contract the checkbox category (ex: the Provincial lists)

* The Gallery confuses me & could use a reorganization: 

- What's the difference between "Member Albums" and "Converted Albums"?. 

- What's the difference between "Recently Added" and "New Images"

- "Albums" seems to be hanging out by itself - what does it do?

* The Leaderboard category strikes me as a bit pointless and even just a little offensive.  Warning - Opinion:  It may sound harsh, but I could care less who is nominated for x or y or who has the most points.  In as many years as I've been a member here, I've never understood the points thing - the whole rating thing smells like some kind of exclusive clique and I prefer not to engage with it. 

I'd like to end on a positive note to say that I think the site is evolving for the better. Thanks for keeping up with the fine-tuning. I hope it attracts more membership and sparks more interest. Thanks also for bravely reaching out to ask our opinion. It's a hard thing to objectively hear and respond to criticism. 

• Like 3

On 9/24/2018 at 8:19 PM, Phaedrus said:

I'm not sure about moving the chatbox off the front page. IIRC the original intent of it was to provide a place where people could say, "Hey! I'm available right now!"... and that was sort-of what it actually got used for 🙂 Moving it to a less visible spot will decrease its effectiveness, and probably mean it gets used less.

Exactly my thought! 

• Thanks 1

Press on the three linens in top right corner of your screen, choose browse, then press chatbox and go from there.