Sign in to follow this  

Getting EMails From LinkedIn

Maybe someone on here can assist, or at least inform me on why I'm getting emails from LinkedIn.  First I don't have nor never did have a LinkedIn account.  Second the emails when I block them all come from different email addresses, just the main header shows LinkedIn and then the title of the email. When I go to block it, then it shows (for example) "All emails from [email protected] will be blocked" Great no more emails from Joe Smith.  But another email will come later from LinkedIn and I'll block it. This time for example when I block it, it'll show (again for example) "All emails from [email protected] will be blocked. Great no more emails from Bob Knob.  But I continue to get emails using LinkedIn in the main header page and I continue to block each and every one of those emails.  I've also blocked LinkedIn.

My question is why do I continue to get these emails and is there a way to stop them once and for all

Thanks

RG

Sounds like a fishing scam similar to emails claiming your bank account, credit card or social media was hacked. The goal is always to make you log in from their suggested link. 

Whatever the origin, you should never click the links and even less try to log in from there. If something looks legit, log into your account the way you normally do and NEVER via the supplied link. And if you don't have an account , just delete it.

As for stopping those emails, there no simple solutions. The best is to delete and ignore those. Replying or using their "unsubscribe" option often creates more problems as it list your email as active and opens yourself to even more spam.

I know it's frustrating, but it's better to just delete and ignore.

Edited by Guest

I would agree it is most likely a phishing scam and they have been very commonly used by hackers because the LinkedIn social platform is seen by many as the most secure social media platform so it is hoped by hackers that they will get more people to accept email and click the link

LinkedIn Phishing scams

• Thanks 1