Etiquette Question - Tipping

To tip or not to tip,hm. I worked for a service for a few weeks and I noticed that men generally tipped me at the service , but since I've gone independent, I have gotten a tip um once. A service usually takes almost half of the money or whatever the split is. Im in my thirties and just new to the business , but this is what I've observed, I could be totally wrong.

To tip or not to tip,hm. I worked for a service for a few weeks and I noticed that men generally tipped me at the service , but since I've gone independent, I have gotten a tip um once. A service usually takes almost half of the money or whatever the split is. Im in my thirties and just new to the business , but this is what I've observed, I could be totally wrong.

A lot of guys tip an agency girl for the exact reason you mention, they know you do not keep the entire amount. I'd guess that some think since an indy keeps all the money that a tip is not needed.

I do not subscribe to that line of thought, I tip the same regardless of agency or indy. If the service warrants a tip, to me it does not matter if the SP is indy or agency.

As a general thought, most of the SP I have met on my visit to NB have certainly earned a tip. Having a real fun time here, will hate to leave. Not only are skills worth tipping, I'm meeting some very genuine and interesting women. Thank you all!

• Like 1

Thanks to all the gents and SPs who provided their experience and opinions. Learned something today about tipping.

I quickly read through the thread, but I feel that adding a green, pink, or brown note is not as necessary as some as you believe.

If I look at it from my profession as a self-employed RMT, I really don't see the need for a tip. I charge $60 for 1 hour of my time (I rarely get a tip), some of these ladies charge anywhere from $200-$300 for the same amount of time. Using Cat's example of 5 clients a day as a maximum work load for both professions I would need to be fully booked to make what a provider will make in 1 hour. In this scenario I have to work an entire day to cover the donation and then work another hour the next day to have money to give her a tip.

That being said, I work 5 days a week and average around 4-5 clients a day. I am fairly certain that my work week is more consistent and that my overhead costs are likely lower meaning that I likely have a larger percentage going into my pocket than these lovely ladies do.

So while I may not always tip, I am usually ready and willing to give up my entire work day to spend just one hour in the company of these beautiful women. That to me is a more important statement than giving them extra $$

Well spun another way, from my point of view. The requested donation is to pay the lady for her time. But to me, the encounters I have had have a intangible value far exceeding the donation asked for. So as a small token of appreciation for what the ladies do for me, the brightness and happiness they bring to me, I give the lady a gift and tip.

Now if I saw someone from an agency I would just tip her, but the tip would be equal in value to what I give an independent lady in tip plus gift.

Just my opinion, but the ladies provides us so much in companionship and intimacy, a tip and gift is just a small way of showing appreciation

A rambling from an appreciative gentleman

RG

• Like 2

As far as tips go, I'd never go as far as to hold a grudge towards someone for not tipping me for my work. However, I must admit that I am more inclined to book clients that have tipped in the past, if only because if they did, I take it as a sign they had as great of a time as I.

Gifts are also appreciated, but I think it's a case by case thing. Do a bit of research, see if the lady has something about gifts on her website... Look for hints! ;)

I'm super fussy on who I see, usually after a long time reading recommendations (and potentially talking to them on chat). Due to this I always tip as I am certain we would get along and have a wonderful time.

This was good info on a subject not well appreciated. Some agencies say no tipping. It seems these girls likely wouldn't receive it anyway. Your info however has changed my view and I now plan to tip the girls as long as it isn't a bad date. Thanks for the info.

I would have to agree with Dummpy, re-visit sounds good to me. I am new at this whole scene and yet to "pop my cherry" but when the prices are there up front, that would be all that need to be discuss about money.

Hello Cat , with regards to your admission of working despite sometimes being ill , that is somewhat disconcerting to know , I would expect a cancellation even last minute should a woman feel less than stellar prior to an engagement with me and I would not hesitate to do the same as a client .

Regards

When I receive a monetary tip, it has been anywhere from $20-$100. It is absolutely never expected and always greatly appreciated. Usually shows me, as others have said, that the client really enjoyed our time together and that in itself makes me happy :)

I do not think I ever tipped and I became a regular to a few providers. They never seemed disappointed and always looked forward to the next m eagerly accepting the next arrangement. This subject never came up in our conversations. I wonder if I should have showed more gratitude!

Up until I read this thread i bad always thought I was reasonable generous when I saw a lady but the fact is I don't think I have ever tipped.

When I meet a lady I almost always bring a gift and I do my best to try and make that gift as personal as I can. I try to find out what the lady likes or wants and get it for her. But I don't generally tip.

So if the conventional wisdom is that you should both bring a gift and tip.... it appears I am a cheap bastard.... interesting....

Ice4fun, you are the FURTHEST THING from a cheap bastard :) Most clients do not tip. I have only ever been tipped maybe... 8 times. It's not that common! Gifts are more common... And none of it is expected or requested!!!! :)

Always appreciated however!!!!! :)

• Like 3

Guest P**aq

I've always brought gift(s) for every encounter and sort of thought of that as the tip, but maybe I'm incorrect in that thought. Maybe my next encounter no gift and a tip in money instead would be better.

I always tip but I come from the bar industry so I tend to over tip on meals and drinks and cabs - I always tip SPs I see but I don't think I've ever felt they expected it - even girls I repeated with. I usually have a 20 for the SP I see and give it to her after the call is done - the only time I would not tip is if something went horribly wrong - I have luckily only had good experiences with SP's in Toronto!